FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 04:05 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Battery post. If you mount the lug of the wire on the top of the bolt it fits perfectly inside the bolt bracket.

188691-GroundingGear-5wire-smoke04(500).jpg

Old 02-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

Monster Cables do rock. I haven't found anything better for an electric guitar in the last 8 years. You probably have the best quality grounding kit in the world.

Drew
2003 G35 Sedan 6MT / Black / Graphite / Prem / Aero

Old 02-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GroundingGear™

skeleton_cru:

I'll drop a set off in the mail for you. BTW, the battery terminal lug is labelled and ground down to fit in that slot. Also, I noticed that you didn't move your other set of factory grounds to the right hole to meet the H-G cluster at the front of the engine. It makes a bit of a difference, so you might want to do that.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 02-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Administrator
GroundingGear™ Decals

<font color=blue>I'm getting several requests from previous GroundingGear™ clients. I'd like to send out a set of decals to you all. Getting them to you all might turn out to be a headache however.

To cover my costs of postage, since a self-addressed stamped envelope won't make it back to the US from Canada, for any previous GroundingGear™ clients could anyone requesting a set of decals please send $1 and a self addressed envelope? No need to PM me, and I'll just send out the decals when I get your envelope., I probably wouldn't be very concerned for a few requests, but my accountant says the bookkeeping on this will otherwise be a nightmare sending out decals for previous delivered kits. Also, it's time consuming to look back for previous client addresses, etc. I'll include decals in every kit from this point forward. Thanks for understanding.

Or, if you're in the neighbourhood, just drop by and I'll set you up with a set, we'll chat over an espresso or something![img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Sedan

Like this Gord?

189578-GroundingGear-5wire-smoke06(500).jpg

Old 02-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Administrator

That'll do it. See if you notice the difference. Many do.

Old 02-16-2004, 09:56 PM

Ok. Where do you buy?? Link! They better come with instructions or I will have wires strung all across the whole engine bay. lol

Old 02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Sedan

I bought my kit from gordgee, PM him for more info.

Old 02-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Since one of the comments about this giant thread is that ppl have to read through several hours of posts in order to see what Hyper-Grounding does, I've finally compiled feedback from users of GroundingGear™. These are from posts on the H-G thread and from PMs and direct feedback that I've received, and since no one has so far objected to me quoting them, I include most of them here:Hyper-Ground FAQ and Feedback

Old 02-19-2004, 10:43 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

well i finally got my tansmission wire hooked up, but there were some complications. when i went to connect like it was showed in the pictorial the plate and screw were not there so i had to find another place to put it
heres where i put it its a little farther back ill post another pic as well

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights

192769-bluewire3.jpg

Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 PM
FGC President

pic 2

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights

192772-blue wire1.jpg

Old 02-19-2004, 10:49 PM
FGC President

pic 3

Daniel

192776-bluewire4.jpg

Old 02-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my GroundingGear™ kit from Gordon a while back, and I just installed it today. Here are some preliminary comments:

After the install, my car definitely feels smoother. It idles lower and shifts a little more predictably at WOT.

I'm not sure yet if it starts quicker or not. The first time I started it, it wasn't any faster. But then tonight it did start faster. I'll monitor this for a while and see if maybe the car was just warmer this evening or something.

I did not notice a difference in the manumatic shift mode. It still takes a long time for it to shift. Note that I put wire #7 on in the temporary spot. I'll see what happens when I get a chance to move it. I'm also not 100% sure I installed it in the right temporary location. I'll post a picture of it when I get a chance, I forgot to take a picture of that one.

Comments on the kit and installation instructions:

The kit looks great! Very good workmanship.

You list the tools required as "Metric wrenches (assorted socket, box end, etc.)"
I used a 10mm socket, socket wrench, and two extensions. I also used a small razor knife to cut into the rubber for the battery. And then I used a torque wrench for step 4 (yeah, I could have done it without the wrench, but you listed the spec, so I used it). I also used a flat tipped screwdriver to remove more of the battery cover.

On step 2, I would make a note as to which end of cable #3 to connect.

On step 3, I was able to do it without removing the hood sensor. I can see how removing the bracket would be easier for some people, but it worked for me.

For the +1 wire, I would make it shorter. I had to bend it a fair amount, and it seemed like it would work better without the bend. I have attached a picture of it. Did I install it in the right place?

Note that all of these are minor comments on an overall great kit!

Dave

2004 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options
Sidemarker turnsignal mod
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

193717-Wire +1a.jpg

Old 02-22-2004, 09:48 AM

Gord, I finally was able to get my kit installed yesterday. It looks great and I can definitely tell some differences. My car idles much smoother now and is more responsive.

The kit is great quality. Thanks!

'03.5 6MT, Brilliant Silver Sedan
clear corners, aluminum pedals, debadged, and <font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped</font color=green>

Old 02-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Gentlemen, thanks for the feedback.

Dave:

One end of the # 3 cable is marked "B" and the other says "3", so I thought it would be clear enough and didn't want to make the instructions over inclusive, however I will review this. The +1 wire is sized to work in either front of engine location, so it may be seem slightly longer than necessary if you use the left location as the ground cluster. I'll add "miscellaneous tools" to the instructions.

I look forward to your continued feedback.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread