Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Stock motor with forced induction . . . how badly did you push it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Herbbie Hablib
Couple hundred miles so far, I developed a missing problem when the engine gets hot im working on. These are pretty standard numbers for the momentum ST kit.
Uprev? Reputable tuner? Nice almost matching numbers! But misfiring is a very bad sign. Did you go with 1 step colder plugs?

Might as well post up here because it's my time finally. Ended up at 443/392@9.5 w/ greddy 18G's. Wastegate springs were my limiting factor. Custom RFS (OEM hard-line), 570cc injectors, oil cooler, mishi radiator, lightweight driveshaft, Z1 street performance clutch/flywheel. Not sure if the RFS was necessary, I can check my duty cycle if anybody is contemplating that decision with the same goals.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Im tuned on uprev and the tuner has alot of experience. its a weird problem, it runs great from start up to about 30 mins in then it starts missing at the upper rpms under boost gets worse till its pretty much running on 5 cylinders even at idle too. put it to bed and come back the next day and it does the same runs great for 30 mins then does it again.

SO far i have tried 2 sets of LFR6A-11 spark plugs gapped to .030 - No change
Brand new Splitfire coil packs - No change

Next will be a set of brand new 600cc dooshwerks injectors I bought the kit used and Im hoping maybe these are getting bad cause Im tired of dicking with it.

If those dont fix it im thinking new GT MAF after that ill be lost.

Originally Posted by yosip1115
Uprev? Reputable tuner? Nice almost matching numbers! But misfiring is a very bad sign. Did you go with 1 step colder plugs?

Might as well post up here because it's my time finally. Ended up at 443/392@9.5 w/ greddy 18G's. Wastegate springs were my limiting factor. Custom RFS (OEM hard-line), 570cc injectors, oil cooler, mishi radiator, lightweight driveshaft, Z1 street performance clutch/flywheel. Not sure if the RFS was necessary, I can check my duty cycle if anybody is contemplating that decision with the same goals.

Last edited by Herbbie Hablib; 11-08-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Herbbie Hablib
Im tuned on uprev and the tuner has alot of experience. its a weird problem, it runs great from start up to about 30 mins in then it starts missing at the upper rpms under boost gets worse till its pretty much running on 5 cylinders even at idle too. put it to bed and come back the next day and it does the same runs great for 30 mins then does it again.

SO far i have tried 2 sets of LFR6A-11 spark plugs gapped to .030 - No change
Brand new Splitfire coil packs - No change

Next will be a set of brand new 600cc dooshwerks injectors I bought the kit used and Im hoping maybe these are getting bad cause Im tired of dicking with it.

If those dont fix it im thinking new GT MAF after that ill be lost.

Oh man you fell victim to the upgraded coil packs. Ouch.

The MAF sensor would make it run poorly from the start. Same with injectors.

The engine should be up to temp in much less time than a half hour. Please elaborate there.

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to gap the platinum plugs if you have been, they are ready to go out of the box and gapping them can damage the coating. Even checking the gap can... But if the plugs were bad they wouldn't wait until the engine was hot. Hopefully you over exaggerated the 30 minute thing, if it is really when the coolant temp gets up there then it could be the tune. Did it always do that? I doubt your tuner said hey here's your car, just don't drive it more than a half hour. lol.

We should stop thread jacking, shoot me a PM or text because I sometimes go days without logging in 860480251two. But for real, if you're misfiring up high in the RPMs and at 8 PSI you're asking for it! You should be able to find the problem without driving it hard.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Made 421.5whp/340wtq with my V3 kit making 11psi at redline, not that I go near there frequently

Pretty satisfied with how the car drives now, wont be buying anything with less than 400whp from the factory in the future lol
Mods list:
Vortech V3 tuner kit
DW 255lph pump
DW 600cc injecotrs
CJM stage 0 return kit
UpRev MAF GT
NGK 2-step colder plugs
Kinetix SSV
Momentum Performance headers
Berk HFC's
Greddy EVOTT

Last edited by Tukeeg35; 11-09-2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: pics