Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

if u had the chance to go back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Turbos actually reduced the volume of my exhaust. I had Stillen dual with headers and HFC before and it really sounded mean. Now, with the turbos, its just a little louder than stock. Quite a sleeper (sound-wise).

Old 03-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have not gone this route if i knew the time/$$$$/headaches that it would consume. Not only that, I learned I'm never happpy no matter what...now i want the new cars out like GTR or M5.

Most definately if you go F1, do bolt on and don't mess with building it till you know for sure your ready....cos you cant go back after building. I don't know what to do now???? If i part out, what do I do w/ internals like bored rod/heads in engine??? I cant just stick stock rod/heads back in. I feel like im stuck with this car now...only way to dispose of it is one day is take it to junkyard after I've killed it.

Last edited by G-Mony; 03-07-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 AM
omg, this post sucks!!! It's blacking sooo many people out. LOL Listen everyone, hindsight is 20/20. Hell, if i knew what yesterday was going to bring, i would have dressed differently. You do what you want at that time. of course you are always going to want to do something differently. That doesn't just end with your car. I wish i could go back to high school and rail ALL the girls i didn't!! hows that for hindsight?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
its fun to drive the car around town. gettin low teens mpg is not (sub 300 mile hwy cruise on 3.50$/gal gas blows). having little things go wrong is not. carrying a set of tools whenever you leave you zip code is not.

Plus, its so easy to get so deep, that you really cant do much with the car if something goes wrong, like has been mentioned. Dealers wont touch it, most car shops wont touch it. You need to take it to places like Forged, PF, GTM etc to get work done. Cant resell it or trade it in at a dealership.

would i have every gone FI if i did not have a daily driver, hell F NO

Last edited by str8dum1; 03-07-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by coupes-r-****
omg, this post sucks!!! It's blacking sooo many people out. LOL Listen everyone, hindsight is 20/20. Hell, if i knew what yesterday was going to bring, i would have dressed differently. You do what you want at that time. of course you are always going to want to do something differently. That doesn't just end with your car. I wish i could go back to high school and rail ALL the girls i didn't!! hows that for hindsight?
i really appreciate threads like this... for us guys that did not have the money or the time to take the plunge a while back, it helps us with decisions in the future by benefitting from those with the experience under their belts...

i think it is a respectful way of acknowledging someone's sacrifices and hard work by asking them, with all of the knowledge they've gained, what they would do in futute (or in this case, what they would've done).

the verbage may not be to your liking, but the intent is there - 'please help'.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jasperg35
i really appreciate threads like this... for us guys that did not have the money or the time to take the plunge a while back, it helps us with decisions in the future by benefitting from those with the experience under their belts...

i think it is a respectful way of acknowledging someone's sacrifices and hard work by asking them, with all of the knowledge they've gained, what they would do in futute (or in this case, what they would've done).

the verbage may not be to your liking, but the intent is there - 'please help'.
+1... any thread that can give someone advice on the best way to spend $10,000+ of their hard-earned dollars to go FI in the best way possible (or convince someone to invest in something other than FI) is great in my book

Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Perfect. It's like I got FI, loved it for a year... now I hardly ever drive the car, it's too much maintance, and too much worry.

I'd definately go back to stock... but I feel I'm too far into it now... I'll wait til next year and biuld it.

However, to try and answer the question... in the first year I loved and enjoyed the boost, I'd probably try something like Turbonetics ST setup.

Please explain in greater detail.. {now I hardly ever drive the car, it's too much maintance, and too much worry} How bad will it be on a non built daily driver.. I am already 6k deep into this project.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I have driven my car for a total of 8 days in the past 3 months And it was seperate, got it back for 5 days, then got it back for 3 days, and its back in the shop....AGAIN....if i had a chance to go back would I have done it, HELLS NO! Atleast for this moment it is how im feeling

Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Mony
I would have not gone this route if i knew the time/$$$$/headaches that it would consume. Not only that, I learned I'm never happpy no matter what...now i want the new cars out like GTR or M5.

Most definately if you go F1, do bolt on and don't mess with building it till you know for sure your ready....cos you cant go back after building. I don't know what to do now???? If i part out, what do I do w/ internals like bored rod/heads in engine??? I cant just stick stock rod/heads back in. I feel like im stuck with this car now...only way to dispose of it is one day is take it to junkyard after I've killed it.
M5 great car.. my next BMW..

Old 03-07-2008, 09:46 PM
LOL my bad...

I started this thread so I can learn what each individual that went FI felt about their cars now. Either if its been a pain in the a** or puts a smile on their face at the end of the day it will help each of us that are thinking about going FI make a clearer decision in which kit to go with or to just leave stock.

For me, it has not discouraged me maybe because this wont be my daily driver but it has changed my mind about getting the HKS GT-RS kit to a Vortech SC.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Go Stillen if you don't want any problems, but if you're not going to get it installed by stillen then forget it. Vortech is a good supercharger, reason why I didn't buy it is because of the "bad batch" they had going on, I would wait till summer for that. Only TT I like personally is Jim Wolf and MAYBE Greddy.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
If this is going to be a weekend car then I say go for it. I only drive my car on the weekend since I work in the City during the day and can afford down time. I always look forward to the weekend so I can drive my car . DD maybe a little tricky since you probably can't afford down time and the more you drive your car means there is greater possibility that you'll go WOT every time Boost is just addicting

Old 03-08-2008, 01:22 AM
im gona most likely track it on the weekends and during the spring/summer time...I want to make at least 600 rwhp. So the SC will prob be out the windows as it is limited to the power compared to a TT. Im currently looking at the APS and HKS GT RS twins but still havent choosen a shop around here to do the build. The only one I have heard nothing but praise is SPRACING (Sound Performance) which is only 8 miles away from me so I will most likely talk to them about this but who knows I might go with their custom built kit instead as the numbers come close to my goals.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If I could go back- I wouldn't do F/I at all.

For me, I dont have anyone to really show it off too- non of my friends appreciate the time and money i put into it. I rather have my 20,000$ back.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM
I haven't made the FI plunge yet and that is because of threads like this. I am saving up to do it right the first time. Personally I am going with S/C though just for the instant power, I dont normally do long bursts of speed but rather feeling that extra pep when I want it the instant I want it. Im just not a very patient person

(btw I really love threads like this, they help people like me pre-plan)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: if u had the chance to go back