Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo System?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics Single Turbo System?

I've been studying as I ready to add some boost to my G and am impressed by the Turbonetics system; can anyone add their experience with Tubonetics?
I am somewhat concerned about balance as this turbo is run from exhaust coming from one side and no one mentions the long term affects of possible back pressure to one side of a V engine.
The system uses a large Turbo and I like the concept of not being under boost when it;s really not needed but having great boost over 3000RPM's...

Any info anyone would share is appreciated!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Kit is fine just upgrade the ECU once you get it..

It is uneven piping tho.. it uses one stock exhaust manifold (I believe on the right bank) and a custom one on the left bank that joins the two banks together.. The polished turbo piping sits up top where the OEM air filter is.

Turbonetics Turbo Kit + ECU + Gauges would be what you'd want to buy.. I think you'll also need to fabricate a exhaust piece if you still want to keep your "dual" exhaust set up..

Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't know about Turbonetics eh, I have heard many good stories about it and then I heard horror stories, then again thats with every system. Many installers told me Turbonetics is the most system where the customer had to come back for a problem to be checked out, fixed, or warranty, it can be a simple issue, but it's still an issue, then again going any FI can cause problems either way, so it's really up to you, if it was my money I wouldn't buy it though. JWT TT or HKS SC ftw!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the replies; they help put things into perspective...
It's good to have so many choices now; I just think they could drop a couple of thousand off the price and still make great profit... I'm not being cheap, but I think I should be able to boost safely without spending 8K over all for the kit and installation; this is what makes the Turbonetics so desirable, the cost is reasonable and leaves room to spend on other things...

Old 05-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
search on my350z. A ton of people love the turbonetic's system, and many hate it. It definitely isn't one of turbonetic's best kits they've put out. I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to get a complete single turbo kit I would recommend the powerlab single turbo kit or Speed Force Racing's brand new single turbo kit.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm good with mine. Using the reflash as well even though everyone is so against it. We've seen blown motors on the reflash, on the UTEC, on built engines with "safe" tunes, etc. FI is tricky and unpredictable.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
From what I've seen, I wouldn't get the turbonetics kit. Search on my350z to get some info

Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 40 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want a good starter kit, then turbonetics is your way to go. You can get them new or used for pretty cheap, but you are limited to how much power you make if you want to turn it up. If you want a more complete kit then I would go with Powerlab or SFR. I personally like the Powerlab for it's capabilities and overall quality.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I rather go with a APS Single Turbo then Turbonetics, but JWT TT all the way.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Hell yeah dude, I wouldn't have gone any other way

Old 05-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 40 Likes on 4 Posts
Both of those kits have had there fair share of issues! JWT TT is very nice!!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 PM
I have had the TN kit for about 2 months now, and over 4000 miles on it. first of all, it uses both stock manifolds, so a post above is completely incorrect.

I am still running on the reflash, and it has been great, but do plan on getting a piggyback to tune to try to get some more low end power. The kit has been flawless though, completely smooth power, really comes in hard around 3k rpms. I shift around 5k rpms because i'm on my stock block, i think that is why it has gotten the bad rap, I also never dump the clutch from a start. I have oil pressure, boost, and AEM wideband gauges to keep track of everything, that is important. I love it so far, and am planning on a built engine and clutch/flywheel combo next year to get me around 550whp. currently around 380whp, and can run with my roomates bpu supra no problem. All kits have their issues, a lot depends on how the car is driven and monitored, which most people discount.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbonetics is the most system where the customer had to come back for a problem to be checked out, fixed, or warranty, it can be a simple issue, but it's still an issue
X2

I havent heard many good things about Turbonetics

Old 05-13-2008, 09:50 PM
The main issues they have had were with boost spike, which they have resolved with an update, and some people have cracked up-pipes because they don't take the time to install the kit properly and just wrench the pipes into place, and with the added tension they crack over time. If the install is done correctly they should be fine. And you have heard the most problems because it's much more common so more people have it.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 PM
/\ I would say Greddy has sold more than TN but you don't see a lot of people complaining about Greddy parts failing. TN has one of the best customer service but has a crappy product. Dont matter if you have top service since the bottom line is it's still a crappy product. With TN it is really a hit and miss kinda thing, either you'll be one of the lucky ones or you be the unlucky ones and chit will brake (I'm talking about the kit and not blowing engine)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo System?