Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forced Induction for Noobs....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidClen
He didn't say it was the be-all end-all (did I word that correctly?) to forced induction... just a single turbo. He offered info about the Vortech too. They both come out to around $6k. You seem to really be reaching on this one and trying to undermine his credibility. It's obvious he's a vendor, it's not like he's being shady about trying to sell product.

Actually he pretty much did say that he said "THE BEST TURBO KIT ON THE MARKET RIGHT NOW PERIOD" I am not trying to undermine anything, I just asked what it does so well that other kits are obsolete other than it comes in nice boxes that is the only real feed back I have ever heard on this kit so after you unpack it I am not sure what makes it better than the rest other Momentem vendors have said it is very difficult to install as are most turbo kits, my JWT kit was also installed with the engine in the car and I have seen multiple Turbo kits installed with the engine in the car. More power at less boost is a great sales gimmick but to many variables can effect/skew the final power number. As he said after it his "opinion" I guess we shouldn't question salesmens opinions

Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned
Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
Actually he pretty much did say that he said "THE BEST TURBO KIT ON THE MARKET RIGHT NOW PERIOD" I am not trying to undermine anything, I just asked what it does so well that other kits are obsolete other than it comes in nice boxes that is the only real feed back I have ever heard on this kit so after you unpack it I am not sure what makes it better than the rest other Momentem vendors have said it is very difficult to install as are most turbo kits, my JWT kit was also installed with the engine in the car and I have seen multiple Turbo kits installed with the engine in the car. More power at less boost is a great sales gimmick but to many variables can effect/skew the final power number. As he said after it his "opinion" I guess we shouldn't question salesmens opinions
As in anything in the car world, there are so many variables that go into everything. Just switching dynos can net up to 50whp in some cases ....

Like I said before though, we feel most comfortable standing behind the Momentum kits. Not knocking other kits, just saying that we feel this is the best kit currently available on the market. We can go back and forth all day why I feel this way and Im sure others have arguments why their kits are the best.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
As he said after it his "opinion" I guess we shouldn't question salesmens opinions
L-O-L question it all you want, afterall it is an OPINION

Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
The first post should be edited to remove the statement that the TN kit is the most popular kit...far from it and it's probably one of the most unreliable of the selection. Should also add the other newer single kits that have come out.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if this will help anybody...I reached out to Momentum Performance regarding some lingering questions about their turbo kit. A couple things I found out is....

"Our exhaust outlet is designed to be used with a oem-placement y pipe outlet. If you have true dual exhaust, exhaust work will be required." So for owners such as myself who are running the HKS exhaust may have to have a flange fabricated to mate with the HKS midpipe and their down pipe.

Second is that apparently the cats are deleted from my understanding (I'm still a noob at this so don't flame me) I'm not sure if other single turbo kits delete their cats whereas most twin turbo kits keep their cats?(Please confirm)

Lastly, I was told that if you use their performance headers with their turbo kit they have seen an increase of 20whp.

Anyhow, hope this info helps those who are interested in this kit. For me it's a toss up between this and the GTM twin turbo kit. But I think i'm leaning more towards this kit due to the extensive research they've put in and my dealings with their customer service.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned
Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinite1
I

Second is that apparently the cats are deleted from my understanding (I'm still a noob at this so don't flame me) I'm not sure if other single turbo kits delete their cats whereas most twin turbo kits keep their cats?(Please confirm)

My Twin Greddy setup ate up the stock cats within 2 months.Aftermarket metallic cats are the way to go if you want cats.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
What are these cats you speak of.....

Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
My Twin Greddy setup ate up the stock cats within 2 months.Aftermarket metallic cats are the way to go if you want cats.
I heard the FI setup usually kills the cats..my only concern is getting around the yearly inspection as it's my daily.

Originally Posted by urban
What are these cats you speak of.....
This cat...HAHAH

Old 07-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
anybody know how many throttle bodys a 2007 g35 coupe has??

Old 07-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^
Coupes have 1
07/08 sedans have 2

Old 07-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
^
Coupes have 1
07/08 sedans have 2
ok because that momentum said it only fits on 03-06 even though 06/07 car is pretty much the same... but as long as it has 1 throttle body then the turbo kit will fit..

Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
question for those that are running a turbo kit on their at G35. when the car is in P/N what does your boost gauge read for the vaccum? also when you put it in gear what does it read?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:41 AM
is it too late to go FI if my 03 coupe 5AT has 150K miles?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Nope. When you blow your motor and rebuild it the counter gets set back to zero anyway. Go for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction for Noobs....