Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Performance: rcdash's twin turbo G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
I know - we need 26" height or around there. grrr...
Go with the 255/295 setup. It will be a 25 inch diamter, and just raise the ride height an inch or so. That would be an incredible handling setup, and would actually give you some more suspenson travel.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really nice build. Congrats

Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
well i guess it isn't very secret anymore , lol! :bounce: I wonder what size will fit, time to do some researching. Thanks bro (rudeg, don't tell anyone - lol! )

i wish enkei nt03+m wheels came in 19" so i could just pick up a rear pair for the 888s - been thinking about moving to 19s. Hmmm....

Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow, I didn't know the Haltech could ramp up boost like that... That's awesome. I run my normal street tune around 15psi and spin everywhere. Gotta love not being able to fit anything that wide on the back of the sedan!

Just another reason I need to save up for a Haltech upgrade.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Go with the 255/295 setup. It will be a 25 inch diamter, and just raise the ride height an inch or so. That would be an incredible handling setup, and would actually give you some more suspenson travel.
It's a PITA to keep changing height. I was going to get another set of wheels for the R888s and just swap them in as needed. The 25" wheel won't set off the VDC every 2 secs will it? (I know you're going to tell me to turn VDC off now). I'm just respecting the power is all. It's not that I'm scared.

Maybe I'll come by for a visit before ZdayZ and you can help me out with all this stuff...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by XKR
Oh great.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Wow, I didn't know the Haltech could ramp up boost like that... That's awesome. I run my normal street tune around 15psi and spin everywhere. Gotta love not being able to fit anything that wide on the back of the sedan!

Just another reason I need to save up for a Haltech upgrade.
You will LOVE the Haltech. Esp. if you've got a carPC screen in that sick car of yours. Maybe you need to get some R888s too.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
On a side note, what do you think of your LSD? I have been thinking about getting one but would like to try and keep the 3.3 rear end I put in with the motor build.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Do you have any pics of your HFC installation?
Well, when I had the CATS in there, they looked like this:

They were cut out and are now sitting in my garage - still in great shape. 200 cell metallic 4.25" around, 3.5" in/out. You want 'em?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
On a side note, what do you think of your LSD? I have been thinking about getting one but would like to try and keep the 3.3 rear end I put in with the motor build.
It grips like no other coming out of corners. Very fun. I had to move to a 3.5gear ratio. What I didn't realize is that fluid changes are recommended every 2k miles otherwise I believe you start to get gear whine from the carbon eating away at the internals...

If you track alot and don't mind the fluid changes, it's the way to go.

For me, who is super busy, and my damn hand pump seems to stop working 1/2 way through the stupid refill, I should've gotten the Quaife, but I had a hard time finding one.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 AM
XKR
It's a PITA to keep changing height. I was going to get another set of wheels for the R888s and just swap them in as needed. The 25" wheel won't set off the VDC every 2 secs will it? (I know you're going to tell me to turn VDC off now). I'm just respecting the power is all. It's not that I'm scared.

Maybe I'll come by for a visit before ZdayZ and you can help me out with all this stuff...
Whats the height of 20" rims on 25 profile tires?? If that does not set off the VDC why would the setup you are considering affect it???

Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nice write up. Impressive numbers too!

Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice writeup and pictures, Raj. I originally thought this was an old post that someone bumped. It seems that we have both drifted away to the my350z forums over the years.

I like that your car is amazingly well detailed and thought out. You have done a super job... well done!

One question... Where did you get the passenger seat footwell gauge pod? It looks like you have two of the Haltech wideband gauges mounted there. That is very, very cool...

Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
XKR
Originally Posted by _jb
Very nice writeup and pictures, Raj. I originally thought this was an old post that someone bumped. It seems that we have both drifted away to the my350z forums over the years.

I like that your car is amazingly well detailed and thought out. You have done a super job... well done!

One question... Where did you get the passenger seat footwell gauge pod? It looks like you have two of the Haltech wideband gauges mounted there. That is very, very cool...

Forged Performance has a custom department where they do interior mods also...You though all they did was motors didnt you

Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
_jb
Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
Forged Performance has a custom department where they do interior mods also...You though all they did was motors didnt you
I remember someone posting a picture of a cool interior and mentioning Forged had done some of the interior work... Ack... I think it was your car now that I get my brain in motion.

Did Forged make the actual pod? Do you know if they sell the pod by itself?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: rcdash's twin turbo G35