Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Performance: rcdash's twin turbo G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by XKR
Racetronic Raj.....RACETRONIC !!!
I'm telling you Mike, the Haltech has 95% of what you need for full fledged, timing, boost, and auxiliary (brake, throttle) based traction control thanks to integration with the stock CAN system. Working on getting that last 5% which is dependent a little bit on Haltech and some clever wiring on my part after that . Goal will be to fine tune a system that may be traction limited but at least will be independent of "driver limitations". It will be my project between now and May.

Last edited by rcdash; 02-22-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 AM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
I'm telling you Mike, the Haltech has 95% of what you need for full fledged, timing, boost, and auxiliary (brake, throttle) based traction control thanks to integration with the stock CAN system. Working on getting that last 5% which is dependent a little bit on Haltech and some clever wiring on my part after that . Goal will be to fine tune a system that may be traction limited but at least will be independent of "driver limitations". It will be my project between now and May.
But with the Racetronic....tire choice is not important

I know it works great on the F-car....I am hoping it will do the same on this new setup You car dial in the amount of slip you want and there is a display showing how much you will get...will test and let you know.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
But with the Racetronic....tire choice is not important

I know it works great on the F-car....I am hoping it will do the same on this new setup You car dial in the amount of slip you want and there is a display showing how much you will get...will test and let you know.
Which modules are you using for control - brake, throttle, timing - combination? Tire choice will still be very important since ultimately traction will determine your maximum acceleration.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:25 PM
XKR
Which modules are you using for control - brake, throttle, timing - combination? Tire choice will still be very important since ultimately traction will determine your maximum acceleration.
It uses all....it works exactly like the one on the Ferrari....matter of fact its the one used on the Ferrari,Lambo and Porsche GT.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 AM
That is very, very nice. That's going to be one fun project to install.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me know how it works out Mike, if you have good results I might have to pick one up.

I am still having traction issues with my 305/35/18 R compounds.... too much powa!

-George
GT Motorsports

Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 AM
XKR
That is very, very nice. That's going to be one fun project to install.
Dont like the way you said that Raj You think its going to be a hard install

Originally Posted by George@GTM
Let me know how it works out Mike, if you have good results I might have to pick one up.

I am still having traction issues with my 305/35/18 R compounds.... too much powa!

-George
GT Motorsports
Sure will George.....

Last edited by XKR; 02-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by XKR
Dont like the way you said that Raj You think its going to be a hard install
Well I imagine there's no such thing as a PNP harness to tap into the ECU wiring. Not too much worse than hooking up your CAMP2 I suppose... Except without any plug and play connectors. Especially if you use all 3 modules. Actually I just read through their different modules and I think you are supposed to pick 1 - not all 3! I think I would only get the brake control module. I think it would be the fastest to effect control. The prices are not bad at all. I am dubious that the GPS sensor is as fast as the actual wheel sensors so I'd still go with the old school sensors.

EDIT: www.racetronics.net is the site? Or am I looking at another product - lol.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:45 PM
XKR
Well I imagine there's no such thing as a PNP harness to tap into the ECU wiring. Not too much worse than hooking up your CAMP2 I suppose... Except without any plug and play connectors. Especially if you use all 3 modules. Actually I just read through their different modules and I think you are supposed to pick 1 - not all 3! I think I would only get the brake control module. I think it would be the fastest to effect control. The prices are not bad at all. I am dubious that the GPS sensor is as fast as the actual wheel sensors so I'd still go with the old school sensors.

EDIT: www.racetronics.net is the site? Or am I looking at another product - lol.

Hmmm....Not sure ...this is the one....Digital version ...NOT Analog https://www.woodhouse.com/viper/racelogic.htm

Old 02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
OMG - you had me looking at the wrong one. LOL. Racelogic is NOT Racetronics.

Off to do some more reading...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there i LOVE what you did to the trunk, was it custom made at a shop or did you do this your self?

Thanks guys. Traction is usually ok at 12 psi, but it's still too cold out for these summer tires.

The trunk has all space available - everything is installed where the spare tire used to sit. Lexan is cut out to the exact dimensions of the trunk (used the carpet as an outline) and wooden posts are bolted in for support along with the MDF subwoofer cabinet. It's very solid.

For the longest time, I had the spare inside, audio equipment around it and the subwoofer taking up space inside the trunk - the whole thing looked like crap. I then decided there was no good reason to do that. The car sees long trips infrequently and I could always throw the spare in the trunk if needed! That made much more sense.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
XKR
OMG !!!! So sorry RAJ.... Sorry....that was bad.....I bet I told Terry TTg35fort the wrong info also.......Forgive me Raj ....I have the racetronics in another car ( not traction control)

Terry if you read this

OMG - you had me looking at the wrong one. LOL. Racelogic is NOT Racetronics.

Off to do some more reading...

Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lmoye
Hey there i LOVE what you did to the trunk, was it custom made at a shop or did you do this your self?
Why thank you. I did that myself. Very easy to do and allows alot of flexibility with component placement, etc. With a dremel it's very easy to cut two panels of Lexan using the carpet as a template. Then you just need to place in your amps, subwoofer, equalizer, carPC etc - bolt them down using the stock posts that are sticking out along with a few pieces of timber - finally cover with black stain cloth. Most of the time I have the G35 carpet over the Lexan so it looks completely stock to anyone looking. If I took the black cloth out of there, it'd look like one big science experiment. There must be close to 50 cables/wires running everywhere thanks to the carPC.

Last edited by rcdash; 02-23-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
OMG !!!! So sorry RAJ.... Sorry....that was bad.....I bet I told Terry TTg35fort the wrong info also.......Forgive me Raj ....I have the racetronics in another car ( not traction control)

Terry if you read this
No worries - this one from racelogic looks like a fuel cut associated with wheel slip. Hmmm... Not sure which is better but I think I like the racetronic brake control better. Have you talked to some racers running the racelogic. There apparently is an expensive unit out there that can potentially damage motors... Not sure if this one is it - but I would get firsthand experience from someone (more than 1 customer) running the racelogic.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM
XKR
No worries - this one from racelogic looks like a fuel cut associated with wheel slip. Hmmm... Not sure which is better but I think I like the racetronic brake control better. Have you talked to some racers running the racelogic. There apparently is an expensive unit out there that can potentially damage motors... Not sure if this one is it - but I would get firsthand experience from someone (more than 1 customer) running the racelogic.
I thought that was Racetronic....and it was related to the fuel cut D@mn....Dont tell me I have to make some calls on this. Racetronic is what most use at the track....Racelogic is what high HP street cars use.

D@mn....I will get back to you on this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: rcdash's twin turbo G35