Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Forged Performance: rcdash's twin turbo G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Better to do a little digging now rather than risk damaging your new 4.0L stroker!!!

For those looking at standalone EMS's the Haltech can control boost or timing on the basis of wheel spin already though with a bit more work, more robust traction control strategies can be devised, especially when they release their programmable input/output module.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Hey all, quick update, Sharif has found me something to help with the traction issues (though I'm thinking I should've just waited for warmer weather) :

Will have the following for sale in Marketplace this weekend. If you want to PM me an offer, you might just get a great deal and save me the trouble of posting :

- TurboXS Tuner Reg w/ Oxygen sensor (like new, all cables, instructions, etc, O2 sensor used for 8k miles, perfect, fast AFRs - moved to dual Haltech units).
- Enkei NT03+M 18" wheels, 10.5" rear, 9.5" front (great condition, 1 tiny superficial rock chip on rear wheel, pics up soon in marketplace)
- 3/8" Motordyne spacer with copper throttlebody warmer thrown in for free!
- 4.25" metallic 200 cell cats w/ 3.5" in/out diameter (must be welded in to test pipes, product description here)
- SPAL PWM fan controller (I have 2 of these available, new in box. Each can run 2 fans but only 1 using variable speed, the other is on/off - link to product website here)
- GTM stage 3 TC, approx 3600 rpm stall - upgraded to handle tons of tq, very fast, perfect for the 1/4 mile (requires aftermarket tranny cooler!)

Last edited by rcdash; 02-26-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ These would look great on your G. Too bad they don't make R888s in 20s.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rcdash
Hey all, quick update, Sharif has found me something to help with the traction issues (though I'm thinking I should've just waited for warmer weather) :

Will have the following for sale in Marketplace this weekend. If you want to PM me an offer, you might just get a great deal and save me the trouble of posting :

- TurboXS Tuner Reg w/ Oxygen sensor (like new, all cables, instructions, etc, O2 sensor used for 8k miles, perfect, fast AFRs - moved to dual Haltech units).
- Enkei NT03+M 18" wheels, 10.5" rear, 9.5" front (great condition, 1 tiny superficial rock chip on rear wheel, pics up soon in marketplace)
- 3/8" Motordyne spacer with copper throttlebody warmer thrown in for free!
- 4.25" metallic 200 cell cats w/ 3.5" in/out diameter (must be welded in to test pipes, product description here)
- SPAL PWM fan controller (I have 2 of these available, new in box. Each can run 2 fans but only 1 using variable speed, the other is on/off - link to product website here)
- GTM stage 3 TC, approx 3600 rpm stall - upgraded to handle tons of tq, very fast, perfect for the 1/4 mile (requires aftermarket tranny cooler!)
Those are going to look SICK!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
Those are going to look SICK!!!!!!!!
Sharif, thanks, once again, for the great deal and having your staff take care of all the little details. I know they'll be well cared for till I get back down to Atlanta! Can't wait now...

Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
^^^ These would look great on your G. Too bad they don't make R888s in 20s.
If they did I'd be ordering 20s . Oh well, I'll have to make do with these.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Just make sure you post pic's

Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by XKR
Just make sure you post pic's
No worries there.

Just get that group buy organized for the TS rear diffuser before ZdayZ.

Last edited by rcdash; 02-28-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:28 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
No worries there.

Just get that group buy organized for the TS rear diffuser before ZdayZ.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good thread! i myself one day will go FI and want FORGED to build it.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
good thread! i myself one day will go FI and want FORGED to build it.
All the HR folks are lucky to have all the prior R&D of the DE and all future R&D devoted to their platform. You'll make more power, reliably for less $. In my mind, 450 DD / 500 DJ whp all day long without a worry. Go for it - Forged Performance is a great choice, and obviously HIGHLY recommended .

Old 04-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Here's a few more tidbits I finally got installed. Almost ready for the final few mods...

Got the plenum ceramic coated - here's what the inside looks like.

Got the outside polished and also reworked the crankcase ventilation with two catch cans.

Here's the rest of the plumbing hook up...

See you guys at ZDAYZ May 28th! www.zdayz.com If you live anywhere around North Carolina, you better be coming! It's a real treat.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
hope you pick up those rims soon, i might have to scoop them up and bring em back to raleigh when I am there may 4th.

Sharif, thanks, once again, for the great deal and having your staff take care of all the little details. I know they'll be well cared for till I get back down to Atlanta! Can't wait now...

If they did I'd be ordering 20s . Oh well, I'll have to make do with these.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by str8dum1
hope you pick up those rims soon, i might have to scoop them up and bring em back to raleigh when I am there may 4th.
I just dropped my car back there for the last few tidbits I'm going to do to the car. Rims included so hopefully they'll be safely on the car by the time you get there - ha!

There's a small chance I can get away from work to pick up the car May 2nd, otherwise it'll be right before ZdayZ.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Mmm tasty! I will be in Austell in a few weeks Worst case, I may have to make an offer 5.00 higher

j/k

Congrats on everything. Your 5AT G is actually one of my inspirations. Lets me know I too can play with the big boys no matter what any 6MTer has to say

Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Raj,

Very, very nice set up! Thank you for sharing your 5AT TT beast with us! I have a similar set-up built by Forged, but with not near as much rwhp. Dylan did an exceptional install, and of course, Sharif tuned every horse he could squeeze out of her.

I'm now looking into improving the performance of my 5AT tranny. Forged did the valve body upgrade when the turbos were installed, but the turbos spool up so fast that my tranny won't shift from 1st to 2nd most at WOT. In 1st gear, the engine usually hits the rev-limiter before the transmission can shift. Do you have any advice that could improve this situation?

I haven't seen any viable solutions to this issue on the forums, other than replacing the entire transmission. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: rcdash's twin turbo G35