Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

My LS2/350z---PT88 single turbo build.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW My Civic SI with a header would wreck this thing...

Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danielw
to the untrained eye it looks like he has a turbocharged 3.5L v6. But ney ney, tis a turbo'd 6 LITER

lol that was the idea. Im not lying when I say its a turbo 6..im just being very VERY vague.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 PM
wow i will never call my car a beast again... that name is strictly reserved for your car . i wish you were closer i need a fabricator who isnt going to rip me off

Old 06-13-2010, 02:01 PM
why'd you delete the in car vids?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 136 Likes on 62 Posts
hey can you give me some info on those vclamps? they look so clean for connecting the exhaust pipes, I'm not sure my cats/exhaust are lining up perfectly.. would these resolve that?

who makes them and where do I get them?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 AM
New video..put a 4" in/out 7" diameter magnaflow muffler on the sunday and the car went from way too damn loud to way too damn quiet and the 7" unpolished can looked ridiculous so I had the 4" in/out 6" diameter polished can over nighted and I put it on this morning and while it looks sort of ricey(I think Im allowed one ricer mod haha) it sounds abso-fckn-lutey perfect. Nice deep tone and you can hear the **** out of the wastegates now haha. Its def. louder than the 7" can but is so toned down at the same time. Its funny how 1" in diameter can make such a big difference looks wise.

7" can-

6" polished-(it "looks" like the inlet sits higher than the outlet but its actually perfectly straight and an illusion created by the *** of the car)

Heres a video of driving around on 5psi. Ill get a few drive bys when the rain stops.

Last edited by SnyperZ; 06-23-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by sexyrob
hey can you give me some info on those vclamps? they look so clean for connecting the exhaust pipes, I'm not sure my cats/exhaust are lining up perfectly.. would these resolve that?

who makes them and where do I get them?

racepartsolutions.com They are the good ones with the centering rings. Theres a male/female instead of 2 rings that just sit on eachother.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by SnyperZ
New video..put a 4" in/out 7" diameter magnaflow muffler on the sunday and the car went from way too damn loud to way too damn quiet and the 7" unpolished can looked ridiculous so I had the 4" in/out 6" diameter polished can over nighted and I put it on this morning and while it looks sort of ricey(I think Im allowed one ricer mod haha) it sounds abso-fckn-lutey perfect. Nice deep tone and you can hear the **** out of the wastegates now haha. Its def. louder than the 7" can but is so toned down at the same time. Its funny how 1" in diameter can make such a big difference looks wise.

7" can-

6" polished-(it "looks" like the inlet sits higher than the outlet but its actually perfectly straight and an illusion created by the *** of the car)

Heres a video of driving around on 5psi. Ill get a few drive bys when the rain stops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zuQAljHXiE
Looks like a giant fart can but you are entitled to 1 ricer mod.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Ready for this? Ive been driving around my town for the past 3 months with an open downpipe...driving by the cops and police station hundreds of times with no issues..my car FINALLY has an exhaust on it and is quiet and I get pulled over in less than 24 hours for my exhaust being loud lol. Its getting painted flat black today.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ready for this? Ive been driving around my town for the past 3 months with an open downpipe...driving by the cops and police station hundreds of times with no issues..my car FINALLY has an exhaust on it and is quiet and I get pulled over in less than 24 hours for my exhaust being loud lol. Its getting painted flat black today.
Yeah that seems to be how it usually works

Been following your threads for sometime and I must say you have done an awesome job with your Z!

Oh and your one ricer mod... I have a feeling that will make ppl want to race your "ricer". If they only knew what they were getting themselves into

Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by M-Motorsports
Yeah that seems to be how it usually works

Been following your threads for sometime and I must say you have done an awesome job with your Z!

Oh and your one ricer mod... I have a feeling that will make ppl want to race your "ricer". If they only knew what they were getting themselves into
lol well im taking it off and painting it flat black. But yeah I def. agree with that. Its much quieter now until the gates open up...

Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
because of the fart cannon.....

If I were you I'd hollow out the OEM muffler and enlarge the inlet.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by djamps
because of the fart cannon.....

If I were you I'd hollow out the OEM muffler and enlarge the inlet.

ricer profiling

Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
^^ exactly LOL

you've shifted from redneck (v8, no exhaust) to ricer (huge fart cannon)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=fart+cannon

An enlarged exhaust pipe that people sometimes add to their cars. The result is a fart-like sound from the engine. Some fart cans are just for show -- they only make noise, and don't make the car any faster. This car modification is usually done to Asian import cars, but not always.
^^^ LOLLL

Old 06-23-2010, 09:37 AM
It says fart cans are JUST FOR SHOW...mines actually used to muffle the car and was the smallest 4" in/out muffler I could find...oh and it doesnt make fart like sounds..it makes a beautiful deep v8 sound.(which actually surprised me)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My LS2/350z---PT88 single turbo build.