Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
hey great updates dude.. looking really sick.. where about\s did you pick up your red crossover coolant hose? is it samco? or is it the individual one you can get form Z1. im looking for one since i only got the 3 piece kit from samco.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Pretty sure it was just the Z1 single hose- already had the other hoses. Took quite awhile to get it though, mind you- so depending on who you're ordering from expect a wait!

I've been looking through my email to see who the guys ordered it from (the shop ordered it in along with the couplers)- I've got a few different vendor names going through my head and I can't remember which was which.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
damn that looks really good ian. What the latest number after u got things settled?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
She's looking mighty fine, Eno!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Eno
Thanks guys- drew last numbers were pretty wonky and the dyno sheet was a bit lacking. I've got my ear to the ground for a Dyno day- id like to get some base numbers again!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Eno
Sigh... you know- this is the true mod world- more problems!

1) Exhaust is now, for some reason, vibrating against the sway bar in the back creating a horrible rattle.
2) Small pin-hole leak in the PSF can

And of course- a big 30 car meet tomorrow! 0456

Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Sorry to hear about your new issues but doesn't seem like it's too severe this time.

1. Maybe exhaust hangers?

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Eno
Yeah they DO get smaller each time. Both fixed. Expat rattle was actually a bracket for the swaybar- it popped and was dangling. Psf tank was fixed in 10 minutes.

Front p side tire was worn through from camber wear... Got two temp tires until I figure out what I'm doing there. Decent ones at least.

Right now only concern is the rear main seal is still leaking despite being fixed a couple weeks ago- so we are going to keep our eye on that's not sure what's up there though I know it's not uncommon to have them installed improperly.

Thanks for the boost though gabe- pardon the pun. It is a frustrating road sometimes but i guess this is what you have to look forward to if you go this direction. Want boost? Want a modified car? Jump in!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
How'd I miss this thread! 44 pages is a bit too much for me to go through though. Good luck with your 700bb build. Mine is taking too long imo and starting to regret doing the build. Hopefully soon you'll be back on the road.

The following users liked this post:
Eno (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Eno
Start at page 14 and do whatever you can to avoid the same

A bunch The before and after is of me is walking through the learning process- admittedly I got in WAY over my head really, really fast. Fortunately I've subsequently run into some amazing shops in Intec Racing (Kent, WA) and MonkeyNutz Racing (Burnaby, BC) who I've learned to trust without hesitation. We ALL need one of THOSE shops- sadly, they're not as easy to come by as you'd like.

The car is actually in reasonable working order right now... started some bad creaking on the front D side but we're thinking either bearings or might be time to get those poly bushings installed... those noises are a lot easier to source, from what I understand. The leak is VERY small (again...) but it's still there- As with any heavily modified car... unfortunately I've wet the bed so now I have to lay in it or go change the sheets... frankly I've put too much 4cking money into this cow to get rid of it for awhile.

Always loved your build man- but I know how you feel. Best of luck with it. I'm quite familiar with your thread!

Last edited by Eno; 10-14-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah... Sucks how many shops are out there but how limited we are on quality shops.

Sounds like we are on par with each other. Mind runs just not pasted 10psi. And totally agree that too much $$$ has been dumped to sell. With that said though... If I could go back one year I would sell my car for a brand new CTS-V.

Well good luck!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Eno (10-14-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Eno
Interesting issue happened last night-

Driving up a hill and decided to lean into it a bit... while on the way up suddendly something happened and my AFR went into super rich mode and the car felt almost as gutless as stock. No smoke, no real noise or anything... just AFR issue- and the car just felt lifeless.

Anyway, I was definitely face palming after this happened... I pulled over to see if maybe it had been an issue like I had before where I could restart the car and it would go away (MAF related). No such luck- in fact the car wouldn't stay running unless I feathered the throttle for 30 seconds after.

We had some stuff to do- in the meantime I stuck my head under the hood looking for leaks or anything that might be more than obvious even to me... no such luck. Of interest to me were some rub marks on the boost pipe over on the passenger side. I rubbed at it a bit... nothing REALLY catchy- wondered about it and kept moving on.. not really even knowing what I Was looking for but hoping to god that whatever it was would be cheap!

I limped the car back home, called MNR about it and made arrangements to bring it in today. They didn't seem TOO concerned by it... Sean stuck his head under the hood for less than 30 seconds, doing the old fashion "wiggle" test- came to the boost pipe on the passenger side and wiggled it... it almost came off in his hand.

Basically what is assumed to have been happening (had some issues with that same location on the poker run) is the boosted air comes out of the turbo and heads straight up into the engine bay area on that passenger side- then does a gradual 90 degree turn... basically when that air hits the corner it appears to have a tendency to "lift" the pipe- and the coupler just doesn't seem to want to hold. Quite often there is a "bead" on the pipe- but these pipes have very little and it's almost flat. As a result despite meaty clamps- the pipe has separated.

I was a bit disappointed in myself that I hadn't actually physically got in there and pulled and prodded at things... I could have fixed that issue- mind you it probably would have just happened again- now they're going to FIX it and get that bead on there to grab at the clamps / couplers a bit more... and we should be golden.

Anyway, again for those of you who are like me and still learning expensive lessons one day at a time, if those symptoms sound familiar to you then don't be afraid to get under there once things cool off a bit and start wiggling! This was a very simple problem to fix.

Last edited by Eno; 10-21-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:46 AM
You're still running MAF, and not speed density?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
Glad it was something simple. As i was reading i was thinking... "why not roll a bead into it" guess that was taken care of.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Eno
Originally Posted by Robert_K
You're still running MAF, and not speed density?
Yeah I stuck with Osiris / Uprev gt. at my power levels it has been okay... Tuned properly it is quite stable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FI: we're not in Kansas anymore...