Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing for fuel management? Have you had problems with axles yet? I already busted one but to my suprise they only take 30 minutes to replace with ramps. Who would have thought with how hard everything else is on this car. What boost levels are you running on the built motors? Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by wa2good
If there is a legit question I can help out with, I will try to answer it.

Old 10-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keith N
Cool - no negativity here, but why would VRT be developing its own shocks, springs and coilovers when there are some excellent companies that have been producing great products for years. This doesn't seem to make any sense. How can VRT produce a suspension product better then HKS, Tein or Eibach at a competitive price? These companies have their own R&D departments, production facilities, access to raw materials contracts, test cars and sponsored race cars. ?????
True there is some great products made by some spectacular companies. We just have found that for our goals there is some room for improvement. Just for one example, (without going into great detail and naming brands) There are several types of shock, spring, and coilover combination that we have tested and used for quite a while. Although all are good and well made, for our purpose (daily driven track cars) some combinations are awesome at the track on R compound tires, but then you (or a customer, or a girlfriend) might find them too rough in your everyday commute on street tires, and vice-versa. Therefore, we are looking into (in this case) more of an in-between spring rate and shock valving (for both compression and rebound) than what is currently available. As most of you in the business probably know,there are only a small number of actual main source manufacturing plants for almost any given product. Other companies place an order to them with their "particular" specs and then private label and market that product (as their own) This is how almost everything in the world works, these days.

Old 10-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by djniknala
What are you doing for fuel management? Have you had problems with axles yet? I already busted one but to my suprise they only take 30 minutes to replace with ramps. Who would have thought with how hard everything else is on this car. What boost levels are you running on the built motors? Thanks in advance.
No problem, glad to answer.
In most cases we use the split second box that can control A/F and timing.
We, nor have any customers had any axel problems to date (knock on wood), do you do alot of heavy launch drag racing?
On the built motors we conservatively run anywhere from 10-12lbs. on pump gas (91oct.) and upwards to 14-16lbs. on a higher octane mix (to be safe)

Old 10-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned
I hope I have helped to clear things up a little. Any more questions I might be able to help anyone out with? Just ask. Thanks.