Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would anyone buy from VRT after your rant

Old 10-03-2005, 01:31 AM
1st post and saying this. Worthless. I say let this thread die but it's too humorous. Power, suspension and stereo. Nothing unique being done. Period. Are you guys fabbing suspension components, turbo kits, engine parts, etc? You are using off the shelf parts to upgrade cars. Period!
Originally Posted by 4rcedFed
I know Mike A. and Scott from VRT Racing.(they probably dont like me anymore, but who cares) I shouldnt be posting but.........Honestly, Mike A. is a really good, honest, and great business man. The way some of his employees or customers came on here was aggressive, even if defending yourselves. Even if a business gets flamed on or whatever, you should defend yourself in a more professional way. Dont stoop to other peoples level and start bickering back. Explain yourself, goal, perspective or whatever in a professional matter. I know what Mike and VRT is here to do. Make awesome kits for z's and g's just like SFR or APS or JWT. Even though he is competeing with other shops, at least there are more people out there that care about other peoples interests(fast, dependable street cars). Doesnt it suck when you are limited to just vanilla ice cream? how about some topping on that? Or even chocolate ice cream with peanuts and caramel? More variety to chose from. I work for a great fabrication company that frequent these boards. Yes, i work for a rival company. Nothing to do or affiliate with VRT in any way. But I know Mike A. and Scott personally. Mike is a very cool guy. Wants everything done right and clean. Very professional when it comes to business. I just want to help clear things up a little bit. They are not like a pann auto! I remember Mike telling me," I dont want to give the customers' car back with just a tuned turbo kit, but a well tuned(brakes, suspension, tires) car alltogether that can be driven to the track and back" Im not trying to change anyones opinion on VRT, but they, just like EVERY shop out there, are trying to get thier toe in a very big market.
p.s. wouldnt it be cool anyways to gather and compare a bunch of the most powerful z's and g's in the country and have a shoot out?

Old 10-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by djniknala
1st post and saying this. Worthless. I say let this thread die but it's too humorous. Power, suspension and stereo. Nothing unique being done. Period. Are you guys fabbing suspension components, turbo kits, engine parts, etc? You are using off the shelf parts to upgrade cars. Period!
EXACTLY!
VRT, ... let it ride! You guys have gone on long enough, ... just "put together" some decent cars, and let people see the results by themselves! Honestly, I like to come on the boards and see what's new, see if there's any good info being passed on, ... BUT, everyone seems distracted right now by a bunch of post whoring!!

You guys are Not doing anything CUSTOM, ... not that has been shown, ... so lets set the record straight, OK? You do however put together some decent cars, ok?? But Installing: CP Pistons, Pauter Rods, JWT Cams, 550 Injectors, JIC Magic Coil Overs, Eibach springs, AP Racing brakes, or " Our sway bars", etc, etc ... is Not custom (or what some would call "building"). I "THINK" that may be what some people are getting at. You guys are Claiming way too much for a shop that does nothing more than bolt together cars. If you, however, are Manufacturing parts, ... that would be something to talk about IMO.

Some examples of 'custom': (let's see how many people catch the last one )

Attached Thumbnails Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-custom-1.jpg   Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-custom-3.jpg   Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-custom-4.jpg   Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-custom-2.jpg  

Last edited by NoLimit; 10-03-2005 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I agree with no limit. Hey, who makes that intake manifold in picture 3? The a-arm,shock and spring look different. what is it?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 PM

the intake was made by a guy at Vakamon Motorsports, ... aka Spead Gear Motorsports, aka Speedhawaii, aka ****enfast.com. They're in hawaii (i miss hawaii sometimes ) the cage too, along with the e-brake handle and short shifter.
The rear shock/spring is part of the RS-R coilover set for the G, ... but wait, there is no RS-R set made here for the G!! That specially setup was made for Farid (shop owner) by RS-R Japan. It rides Sweeet! Best ride I have driven yet in the G (just compared against TEIN's, HKS's). I think I'm gunna try to get a set, or just get those! LOL

Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4rcedFed
I agree with no limit. Hey, who makes that intake manifold in picture 3? The a-arm,shock and spring look different. what is it?
then what is this intake manifold???

well I attached few pics from few months ago from my build up. I cannot show the exhaust and intake manifold yet because its still prototype. in case some of you are wondering, the turbo is HKS GT3037S which is capable of 480hp+ to the wheel and my G will have 2 of them

Attached Thumbnails Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-motor.jpg   Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-turbo.jpg   Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-manifold-1.jpg  

Last edited by WhiteG35C; 10-04-2005 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is couple more pics of brakes and my new licence plate

Attached Thumbnails Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-frontendless.jpg   Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology-ltr_foo.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 12:19 AM
Absolutely no comment whatsoever.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by WhiteG35C
then what is this intake manifold???

well I attached few pics from few months ago from my build up. I cannot show the exhaust manifold on my spare engine with HKS GT3037S turbo yet since this is prototype.
I like that intake manifold design the best for any 'V' type motor . I thought about that, then about the stupid stock electronic throttle body thingy(fly by wire? ). But of course, there are stand alone ems's that'll change all that. Cant wait to see/hear that beast in person! good luck

Old 10-04-2005, 01:12 AM
oh sh*t Tom..now they gonna after you with their "prototype" JW and Stillen "stage 5"

Old 10-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
TOM you have 1 bad azz car, ltr foo!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 AM
I just noticed this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forum/showthre...4&page=2&pp=15
which has this post:
Originally Posted by wa2good
Not trying to start anything but frankley, you couldn't be more wrong. Call Tim right now and ask him. I dont know where you are getting your info. Sabrina is realy the girl friend of a VRT client named D. Benegas not the company owner. HATERS GET A LIFE!
which was PREceded by this post in the same thread:
Originally Posted by TurboTim
Hmmmmmm.Sounds familiar.This is a local company that started up recently in San Diego.We built the turbo kit,motor and tuned it on the dyno.It makes 510 at the wheels but is a far cry from Tinmans car.Lets do a comparison.........

VRT 350Z-SFR built short block with Arias 8.6 to 1 pistons,Pauter rods.SFR stage 1 heads, stock valves, ported with Nismo cams.SFR turbo kit, Super 60 turbos, with stage 2 turbine wheels, 48 A/R housings.Fuel system,in tank Walboro with 480cc injectors,SX regulator.Exhaust-Stillen.Suspension-JIC majic. Brakes- AP Racing. Wheels-Volk

Tinmans car-SFR built short block with Arias pistons,Pauter rods.SFR stage 3 heads, 1mm oversize Ferrea valve train, extensive porting on intake and exhaust,Stage 2 Nismo cams. SFR turbo kit with super 60s, stage 3 turbine wheels.63 A/R housings,fuel system in-tank Walboro,720 cc injectors,CJ rails,Stainless fuel lines,SX regulator.Exhaust,SFR Y-pipe,Fujitsubo Legalis.Suspension-Steve chime in here. Brakes-Stop-tech.Wheels-HRE

So the comparison is done.Since I built both cars I can tell you that Steves car will rip the VRT car a new ***. Steves car is capable of another 75-100 horsepower at the wheels at the same 14 psi boost level.

On another note........beware of VRT.They go around taking advantage of smaller companies such as ourselves to promote themselves and their mediocre race program.There is also a video going around of VRT but in fact....... most of the stuff in it was filmed in our shop of us doing work on thier car! So think about this before you have any work done by them. Speed Force Racing no longer sells or supports VRT.Take care.
So, my question is, if the first quote, which actually comes after the second in the timeline, says to ask Tim, who already denounces the shop in question, VRT, what is the point in calling Tim?
Now, I know I said I wasn't going to comment, but seeing as this squable keeps going, on numerous threads, I figured it was only fair to note this.
Also, I dunno about anyone else, but in my experience of tuning, having the exact same specs on two different motors in two different cars is suspicious:
http://www.violentracing.com/ProjectCars/350Z.htm
http://www.violentracing.com/ProjectCars/G35.htm
Now, if those figures are estimated, I can understand, but exactly the same output?
Just curious.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr_A
I just noticed this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forum/showthre...4&page=2&pp=15
which has this post:

which was PREceded by this post in the same thread:

So, my question is, if the first quote, which actually comes after the second in the timeline, says to ask Tim, who already denounces the shop in question, VRT, what is the point in calling Tim?
Now, I know I said I wasn't going to comment, but seeing as this squable keeps going, on numerous threads, I figured it was only fair to note this.
Also, I dunno about anyone else, but in my experience of tuning, having the exact same specs on two different motors in two different cars is suspicious:
http://www.violentracing.com/ProjectCars/350Z.htm
http://www.violentracing.com/ProjectCars/G35.htm
Now, if those figures are estimated, I can understand, but exactly the same output?
Just curious.

That information you are going off of is like the dinosaurs, PREhistoric, old news. We at VRT have done some major overhauling and growing as a company. Nothing, I repeat nothing that VRT does and is doing has anything to do with SFR or anyone else for that matter except for our suppliers. We have developed some strong relationships and a great partnership with some of the industries best and well respected names. (PM me for a list if you need to) We also are very proud to have started developing and soon to market OUR OWN line of products such as cranck shafts, cams shafts, pistons, connecting rods, shocks, springs, coilovers, strut tower braces, chassis braces, etc. As for the cars on the web site having the exact same specs, that was a typo done by our web site designer and webmaster that has since been corrected. Go to the web site and see for yourself. We have and continue to make improvements, There is a growing and learning process that all companies go through, we have learned and are still learning, who and who not, to conduct business with. Again, nothing personal just good business practice. I personally have learned how to not let negative people or message board haters get the best of me, and stoop to their level with negative replies. Sorry for any past post I may have offended anyone with. Lets all try to move forward and be positive. As for VRT, like someone on this board told me, we will let our continued good work and great cars speak for themselves. Thanks

ps. I will not respond anymore to negativity. If there is a legit question I can help out with, I will try to answer it. but please no more bickering or mudslinging. Lets keep it positive and make this an informative discussion board.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Cool - no negativity here, but why would VRT be developing its own shocks, springs and coilovers when there are some excellent companies that have been producing great products for years. This doesn't seem to make any sense. How can VRT produce a suspension product better then HKS, Tein or Eibach at a competitive price? These companies have their own R&D departments, production facilities, access to raw materials contracts, test cars and sponsored race cars. ?????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology