The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I have a beef about dealerships and their salespeople! :mad:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a beef about dealerships and their salespeople! :mad:

Today i went to the infiniti dealership to look for some options for my wheels.. and no one helped me for the longest time! and then when someone did... i could totally tell that the salesman was thinking (oh this guys so young he cant afford it).

Im 27 i might look a bit younger (22-23) but i feel like whenever i go there no one gives me an inch of respect! especially when i asked how much the 19" sport wheels are.. and the guy said "oh.. thats going to be expensive..".

like whats up with that! i can afford it, i may be young but i earn my living like everyone else. just cuz im younger doesnt mean i dont belong in a "luxury" class dealership.

i just bought an 07 g35 OB coupe btw... and im just looking for ways to make it better.

sorry for the rant but i just had to put this up! anyone else have similar experiences?

anyways, i love my g, and i cant wait to drive it tommorow to work

heres a pic of my vehicle:

Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Nice looking g man. You should look into getting some nice after market wheels. Or try craiglist for stock 19's

Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 AM
thanks man. yeah im looking into getting new wheels. the guy at the dealership said tires would be 500 each. what!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Well it is just not you. I used to think that was just a Motorcycle Dealer phenomenon, i.e. sometimes it seems impossible to find a sales person, but I can tell you having walked through some dealers over the last few weeks, a lot of them SUCK

Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I have had pretty good luck but it really does depend on where you go, what dealer was it?

like the poster a few above said i would try and get used 19s or go aftermarket because the dealer wants $$$

Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah I went to the dealership with a friend from work to get my G, he was a lot younger than I am. I don't think the salesman took me seriously until I told him I wanted to talk price and I wasn't interested in financing.

Just gotta play it high-roller style and they'll straighten up, lol

I get that quite a bit, I'm 24 and made my own way, it's hard when you have to convince people to take you seriously sometimes.

Come to think of it, the salesperson at Ferrari Atlanta at least said hello to me for a couple minutes, he knew I wasn't going to buy anything but at least they weren't all snarky about it.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How bout you send me the $2000 you're about to spend on OEM 19's and I'll send you a flawless set that you wouldn't know was used.

Honestly even a perfect set of OEM 19's with 90%+ tread on the tires won't go for more than $1,200-1,400 anymore on the boards.

You'd be stupid to pay Dealer MSRP for any part you don't absolutely have to.

As far as your gripe about dealers, if you feel you're not being taken seriously, ask to see the manager of whatever department you're dealing with and tell him/her that you're very serious about purchasing (insert item/car here) and that you don't appreciate the lack of respect you were getting from Salesman Bob.

Also, don't wait around for someone to help you - ask.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:57 PM
what kind of wheels are u selling, bluedevil?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:59 PM
it was at an infiniti dealership in coquitlam bc, canada

Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Dude write a complaint to them maybe they will hook it up with free services or nice discounts

Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
why does your 07' have wheels from 03'??

anyway, like others said, don't buy rims off the dealer and do speak to the manager in charge w/ your gripes.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
cremaster.. honestly i dont know i got it like that and i thought thats what the base model came with. everyones been saying how its an 03 rim here i didnt realize till i joined the forum lols oh well im going to shop for an aftermarket rims... any suggestions?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are the non-sport 17" OEM rims.

And kinlodesigns I'm not selling wheels, I was just being sarcastic

Your best bet is to search around here in the Marketplace area under the Private Classifieds. The OEM 19's that you're looking for come up for sale all the time.

Best of luck!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kinlodesigns
cremaster.. honestly i dont know i got it like that and i thought thats what the base model came with. everyones been saying how its an 03 rim here i didnt realize till i joined the forum lols oh well im going to shop for an aftermarket rims... any suggestions?

you have so many options esp for the coupe. i'm sure you'll get hundreds of ideas just looking through this site. if you have questions about the quality of certain rims, i'm sure a lot of peeps on here will chime in quick enough; all depends on how much you're looking to spend.

but like others have suggested, look through the classifieds on here. good luck!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking high roller usually makes the salesperson think you're full of crap.

Do your research, and contact the dealership ahead of time. Set up an appointment, and have all of your information ready (Paycheck stubs, phone bill, etc).

Then they'll know youre serious.

You have no idea how many times I've been blown off because I'm young...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have a beef about dealerships and their salespeople! :mad: