53.85%
Voters: 338. You may not vote on this poll

Manual versus Automatic VOTE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Manual versus Automatic VOTE!

I'm a genius. I always wanted to get a thread stickied and always wondered this so here it goes!

Out of all the members on this G35 forum, all over the world I wanna know the approximate MT to AT ratio. I know that MT are rarier than AT but I want to know the ratio on G35 driver vote up!

Mods, if you feel this thread is important STICKY!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AT, wish it was MT though, except when im in heavy traffic...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
AT, wish it was MT though, except when im in heavy traffic...

i wouldnt care about the traffic a MT is an MT.

haha it depends on the person?

it'll be interesting after a few weeks what the results are, i imagine that itll be something like every 3 outta 10 cars? so basically 30% we'll have to see though

Old 08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
AT is nice in traffic, also if you lack a *****

Old 08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Mt ftw!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love my MT. Traffic don't mean anything if you're used to the high engagement point and the long clutch. I drive in traffic all way everyday cruising hella slow on the 60s to the 5s back and forth. No problemdori!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by jlo0109
Love my MT. Traffic don't mean anything if you're used to the high engagement point and the long clutch. I drive in traffic all way everyday cruising hella slow on the 60s to the 5s back and forth. No problemdori!
nicely put.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
AT is nice in traffic, also if you lack a *****
Haha, not only nicely, but perfectly put. BRAVO!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
5AT, and would pick it even if the 6MT was an option with AWD. I got tired of shifting, and the existence and size of my ***** are not tied to whether I do the shifting or not. It's just too much hassle for the few times when you can truly enjoy a manual. Wearing a suit, trying to talk on the phone, or just about anything is more difficult with a stick. If the 5AT was junk it would be a different story, but it's an excellent tranny.

This poll should factor in the age of the driver too. My guess is most of the 6MT drivers will be a lot younger than the 5AT drivers, and when they get older, they're thinking will probably change like lots of ours did.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 PM
^agreed, for the small about of drivetrain loss with an auto, its probably almost made up with quicker shifts. and if you guys think us at guys leave it in drive all the time, youre wrong. id say at least half the time, im in control of what gear its in. and yes, suit+drink+phone does not go well with a manual.

but, i will say there have been a couple times that i wish it was a manual trans.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
5AT, and would pick it even if the 6MT was an option with AWD. I got tired of shifting, and the existence and size of my ***** are not tied to whether I do the shifting or not. It's just too much hassle for the few times when you can truly enjoy a manual. Wearing a suit, trying to talk on the phone, or just about anything is more difficult with a stick. If the 5AT was junk it would be a different story, but it's an excellent tranny.

This poll should factor in the age of the driver too. My guess is most of the 6MT drivers will be a lot younger than the 5AT drivers, and when they get older, they're thinking will probably change like lots of ours did.
You should ride with me. I'll show you how it's done. Best I've done is eating a 6 dollar burger (Huge as fvck), on the phone with a client, sipping on my ten ren tea, whiling driving in a mild traffic (which requires lots of shifting) and yes my ***** is there sitting nicely as I have my AC blasting into my pants cuz its too hot

Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI

it would be hard to incorporate age into this poll of course, it would help if people left a response of how old they are..

HOWEVER,

i can bet u that most people that have the g35 as their weekend car, will probably have stick.

most people go stick because of the rarity.

and most of the stick drivers are younger or use it as their DD

what i do when i talk on the phone, and forget my bluetooth is that i use my right hand to talk on the phone, just agree with what the other person is saying and every so often, take the phone with me and shift and then put hte phone back up to my ear, if u do it frequently it becomes easy! haha.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by SxSkyLinexS
what i do when i talk on the phone, and forget my bluetooth is that i use my right hand to talk on the phone, just agree with what the other person is saying and every so often, take the phone with me and shift and then put hte phone back up to my ear, if u do it frequently it becomes easy! haha.
haha, that would work great, until you are on an important business call and just agreed to something that you didnt want to

btw, im 28

Old 08-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^agreed, for the small about of drivetrain loss with an auto, its probably almost made up with quicker shifts. and if you guys think us at guys leave it in drive all the time, youre wrong. id say at least half the time, im in control of what gear its in. and yes, suit+drink+phone does not go well with a manual.

but, i will say there have been a couple times that i wish it was a manual trans.
Very well put. I get better gas mileage manually shifting, but stuck in rush hour twice a day and doing other things with my hands the AT kicks azz.

And if you care, I'm 47.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Very well put. I get better gas mileage manually shifting, but stuck in rush hour twice a day and doing other things with my hands the AT kicks azz.

And if you care, I'm 47.
age is a number , your'e young in my heart!

haha, that would work great, until you are on an important business call and just agreed to something that you didnt want to

btw, im 28
im still in the teens, so business calls dont apply to me.

and yes i realize that most of the drivers here have it in shifttronic most the time, i do when im in my cousins beamer too. its fun not stalling once in a while! haha

Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I drive a 2004 AT G35 Coupe and I can't remember the last time i didnt drive in Manumatic...but im glad i do have a 5AT because of the choice of whether i need two hands to drive or one hand...but i rarely ever put it in Drive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Manual versus Automatic VOTE!