The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Fight with the dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010 | 06:31 PM
|
Fight with the dealership?

So, I'd like some opinions. I've taken my coupe in to the dealership to get a rattle in the passenger side taken care of under warranty. In the past they said they've addressed it by putting 3m tape under the dash, but it still rattles. This is not the main point of my question, however.

My main concern is that each time they've worked on the rattle they seem to have pulled up that side of the dash and, in doing so, seem to have slightly bent the plastic so that it's now discolored in two areas. It's barely visible and the plastic isn't creased, but I can see two discolored lines going down my dash. I took my car in and asked them to take a look at it and the service guy argued with me saying that the dash is perforated there due to the placement of the airbag and that is why I see the two lines there.

My question is, is this something that I should push them to fix? The lines weren't there before I brought the car in and there's no doubt in my mind it's from them pulling up the dash, but it is minor and really only visible on a sunny day. So, should I fight with them? Does anyone else have these discolorations on their dash? What do you all think?

Note: I don't have any pics yet, because my car is currently at the dealership. I'll upload some as soon as I can.

Old 05-18-2010 | 10:39 PM
Well, first confirm 100% that this isn't something normal. If it's not, then for sure I would take it up with the dealer and if that goes no where then corporate. No gurantee they'll resolve it, but you still got to try.

I hate the whole way dealership maintainance operate... you give the key to the service advisor and then they take away the car; you're not there to watch them which unfortunetly is what is often required with the idiots who work on the cars.

Old 05-19-2010 | 09:54 AM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by ThickG
So, I'd like some opinions. I've taken my coupe in to the dealership to get a rattle in the passenger side taken care of under warranty. In the past they said they've addressed it by putting 3m tape under the dash, but it still rattles. This is not the main point of my question, however.

My main concern is that each time they've worked on the rattle they seem to have pulled up that side of the dash and, in doing so, seem to have slightly bent the plastic so that it's now discolored in two areas. It's barely visible and the plastic isn't creased, but I can see two discolored lines going down my dash. I took my car in and asked them to take a look at it and the service guy argued with me saying that the dash is perforated there due to the placement of the airbag and that is why I see the two lines there.

My question is, is this something that I should push them to fix? The lines weren't there before I brought the car in and there's no doubt in my mind it's from them pulling up the dash, but it is minor and really only visible on a sunny day. So, should I fight with them? Does anyone else have these discolorations on their dash? What do you all think?

Note: I don't have any pics yet, because my car is currently at the dealership. I'll upload some as soon as I can.
As far as I know, airbag "perforations" are not normally visible. Ask him to show you the lines on another car in the shop.

Old 05-19-2010 | 02:18 PM
ive been a few cars where you can make out the perforations for the air bags....never really looked for them on the G

Old 05-19-2010 | 05:22 PM
|
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm gonna see if the guy can show me this on a couple of other cars and, if not, I might make a stink about it. It's minor, but irritating that I know its there.

Old 05-21-2010 | 01:12 AM
Good Luck. I can't see anything on my 07 sedan.

Old 05-23-2010 | 11:33 AM
My vents had a vibration also. The dealership did the same 3m tape trick. Third time of bringing it in did the trick. I see no evidence of them hurting the car during the process. However, I did not have a good experience each time with the dealership. I am glad I never have to go back again!

Old 05-26-2010 | 05:15 AM
Most Infiniti dealerships = garbage service

Its your car man, you can't let them get away with fudging it up like that.
But yeah, like TO said, keep complaining and they'll fix it.

Old 05-26-2010 | 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by VinhFTW
Most Infiniti dealerships = garbage service
Thats really not true. All the dealers in the DFW area are really great

Old 05-26-2010 | 02:37 PM
Well my from my socal experiences they are

Guess I shouldn't speak for all infiniti dealerships

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:26 AM
I will! At least speak for All Infiniti Dealerships in Maryland. Not one good experience. Same with Nissan also. My next Infiniti will be used from Carmax for sure.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
Thats really not true. All the dealers in the DFW area are really great
Having spent a little time listening to DRIVER members from across this country the general attitude is that dealerships give less than quality service along with screwing their customers on the cost. That's where the words STEALERSHIP came from and why I only go to them for warranty work and not service. I know there are a few that have quality service but that depends on the service manager and the quality of the mechanics. That's still unusual at Infiniti....
Gary

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:17 AM
truth is no one posts when they have a great experience anywhere.

You will see 100 posts of negative before you see one post about good customer service.

And that's true about any kind of sales.

People love to moan and groan when they don't get free stuff or dont get exactly what they want.

I had a great sandwich at subway yesterday and everyone was nice to me but I didn't make a post about it.

But I bet if someone had gone to subway and they forgot the cheese they would make a post about it and flip

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
truth is no one posts when they have a great experience anywhere.
But I bet if someone had gone to SUBWAY and they forgot the cheese they would make a post about it and flip
No exactly true, I won't go to Subway because the sandwiches you buy NEVER look like the ones in their adds. I'm supprised no one has sued them for false advertising over this issue.... Five $ foot longs but it's mostly roll and nothing like the adds show.
Gary

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:50 PM
I really do not have any other hobbies other than my G35. I did buy a pellet stove that took four months to properly install. I also had a new master bathroom installed that was totally jacked up. That is it! Everything else goes pretty well for me. Infiniti dealerships number one on my hate list. Even if you ask friends, "Hey, what does Jamie hate the most?" They would reply all the sales staff and repair staff at Infiniti. Heh, so since this is the subject, I am happy to respond!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fight with the dealership?