G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by 03IPG
So you're saying I don't have half a brain because I expect someone on this forum to have enough respect for their fellow G family to not sell broken A** **** and not explain it in the for sale thread?

I know when I look at the "Wheels for sale" threads they always explain if there is road rash or scratches in their thread, not only if someone asks first. Normal wear and tear is expected when buying used items, but Broken studs and bents brackets are not expected.

In this case, would it have really made a difference if I asked what the condition of the items I purchased were before I paid for them? They were packed so poorly that anyone with "half a brain" would know that the condition would have been deteriorated during shipping.

Either the seller decided to sell and ship an item that was broken prior to shipment without stating that in the for sale thread, or the item was broken in transit due to poor packing. Either way, it should not be at the responsibility of the buyer to make it right. Whether that is "cleaning them up, sanding, repainting, re-bending, replacing, renting a coil press, wasting my time to take off what would be perfectly good struts and replace them."

Also, the seller explained in his for sale thread that there "were 8k miles on them while they were on his car", and he didn't know about the previous owner. Since he was offering information about the condition of the items in his for sale thread, it would be expected that broken or bent items would also be explained.

Plain and simple.
Let me correct your incorrect assumptions:

1) It would have made a difference because as it happened, without you asking and without him stating any problems (including a dust cover that appears broken before shipping) there is no true recourse because nothing was advertised or stated to be what it wasn't. If he said it was all pristine conditions and then shipped to you and you received what you did it would be a different story.

2) It isn't the buyer's responsibility unless they want to fix up certain pieces of it. It also isn't the seller's unless he stated the items to be something which they aren't, again refer to #1 where there is no pre-sale reference of quality. This isn't even mention how the seller doesn't have to clean anything or repaint something that gets dirty and scratched up through normal wear and tear.

3) The title of the thread only referred to the springs, not the struts. And he posted the mileage on the springs and nothing about the struts, nor does the mileage on the springs necessarily relate at all to the mileage on the struts. Once again you jumped the gun without even a quick message saying, "hey I'm interested in your springs and struts, any problems with them? price shipped to xxxxx?" The fact is a quick 4 word phrase could have been enough to not have the unknown pre-sale condition problem.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by _RR_
You think that it is up to the buyer to make sure something is in good condition before they buy it? Isn't that assumed? Why would he want damaged goods?

By your logic, it would be perfectly okay if someone bought a used car and a week later it stops running. "Oh, i haven't changed the oil in 30,000 miles. Thats your fault for not asking before u bought it." It's the sellers responsibility to give a detailed description of the goods. If something is damaged or worn, they should mention it.

It's kinda pathetic that we live in a world where one has to spend sometimes hours researching purchases to make sure they aren't getting scammed. The OP assumed he was dealing with someone being 100% upfront. I'm not saying chris is a bad guy or anything, but he was sure lazy about this whole deal.
Yes it is because the buyer is buying from an online forum, non-vendor, used item. Everyone buying anything non-new should always question the condition of what they are buying. And you think nobody ever buys any damaged items on purpose? Have you seen people selling/buying headlights that have broken tabs/broken lense/etc? Have you seen people selling/buying coilovers that need to be serviced? Have you seen people buying bumpers,etc. that need to be fixed/repainted? People buy damaged items all the time with the intent to fix them. You can argue they do so knowingly, but the OP would never have had to worry if pieces were damaged beforehand if he took the time to ask the condition.

There isn't really anything to argue, sure the situation sucks for both seller/buyer but the fact is that this whole dispute could have been easily avoided before it happened, or from the start if the OP didn't decide to trash someone's rep while withholding the details and not even having the decency to contact the seller first.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
If im known or not on this forum, that doesnt change ****, it doesnt change the FACT that i was selling the springs only, and those are perfectly fine. I ALREADY OFFERED YOU TO PP YOU FUNDS TO FIX THE STRUT, OR TO RETURN THE SPRINGS AND I WILL REFUND YOU, I TOLD YOU TO CONTACT ME THROUGH PM, how you should have in the first place,and WHICH YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO. you making this thread without contacting me, bashing me, is not right at all, and im tired of going back and forth with this ****, and im done with it. if you want to talk to me, PM me how i told you two days ago. im done.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xet
Give out his screen name so this POS can't come around the boards anymore
I thought this was the most ironic post.. after we all found out who the seller was..

Old 11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Again it doesn't matter who the seller is, the OP was with holding details and was only telling one side of the story. I've been completely honest about everything, making this thread was completely un necessary.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by iseechriss
Again it doesn't matter who the seller is, the OP was with holding details and was only telling one side of the story. I've been completely honest about everything, making this thread was completely un necessary.
I HAVEN'T READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BUT AGREE WITH YOU.

SO, WHEN DO WE GET OUR FREE FOOD?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
take those spring and use your struts.. use the other spring and and put it on the damage struts.. paypal claim for a refund and send him your springs with his struts and a paper that says.. PWNED and get your money back.. happy ending

Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 PM
i totally agree with you .. OP should of handled himself way better..no need to make an issue like this public at all... i just thought it was ironic.... becuz the other member who had mindful intensions to expose the "seller" which is a good thing.... but after he found out who the seller actually was his, attitude changed ... no disrespect intended.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by richardcvan
take those spring and use your struts.. use the other spring and and put it on the damage struts.. paypal claim for a refund and send him your springs with his struts and a paper that says.. PWNED and get your money back.. happy ending
Lol.... ya fraud is always a good response. Especially when you make it very clear that you knowingly and intentionally committed it with no other possible suspect than yourself. Good advice.

Originally Posted by Buddi87
I thought this was the most ironic post.. after we all found out who the seller was..
It was before the thread was posted publicly on this thread, but nt. And I do admit I did make the mistake to believe what the OP was saying was the entire, accurate account of the transaction. If everything the OP said was true and the whole story then I would stand by my initial post, but I will admit that I did mistakenly trust him too much.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
U got your springs put them on your struts and your done.. end of story..

Old 11-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Xet

It was before the thread was posted publicly on this thread, but nt. And I do admit I did make the mistake to believe what the OP was saying was the entire, accurate account of the transaction. If everything the OP said was true and the whole story then I would stand by my initial post, but I will admit that I did mistakenly trust him too much.
Which is understanble.... it was only half of the story... but you were gunning for that person which i thought was a good thing.... like i said im not here to put anyone on the spot i LOLOL... when i saw who the seller was.. i knew there had to be a reasonable explanation behind this.. becuz the seller is all over the forums as a reputable guy.. hopefully things can be resolved "Properly"..

Old 11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the last f*cking time... I did not throw the seller under the bus... I never mentioned his name or who he was and other people went on a witch hunt to find out who it was.

But since everyone wants to have a personal opinion about the transaction because "they know who Chris is" and I am the new guy so the mistake must be my fault, that's when it becomes personal.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If im known or not on this forum, that doesnt change ****, it doesnt change the FACT that i was selling the springs only, and those are perfectly fine. I ALREADY OFFERED YOU TO PP YOU FUNDS TO FIX THE STRUT, OR TO RETURN THE SPRINGS AND I WILL REFUND YOU, I TOLD YOU TO CONTACT ME THROUGH PM, how you should have in the first place,and WHICH YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO. you making this thread without contacting me, bashing me, is not right at all, and im tired of going back and forth with this ****, and im done with it. if you want to talk to me, PM me how i told you two days ago. im done.
All I asked from you ON PM as you as requested was a partial refund. You said no you don't think so. Now in public forum you say you will pay a partial refund. Don't twist your fuc*ing stories Chris.

I didn't bash you, I didn't bring up your name until all your little buddies did. I started this thread to find out "What would you do" so that I knew how to proceed since I don't know what is acceptable on here or not. I didn't name this thread "Screw Chris, don't ever buy from him" did I?

As stated in my PM, I believe in this case a seller should offer a partial refund to the buyer. Whether this was my sale or my purchase or someone else's for that matter I would feel the same way. You said "I don't know" in your response which to me means "No" which is why this continues.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not twisting anything at all, I AM STILL SAYING THAT I DON'T THINK I SHOULD OFFER YOU A PARTIAL REFUND SINCE THE SPRINGS AREN'T DAMAGED, and THAT'S WHAT I WAS SELLING!!

all I'm offering you is funds to fix the strut, or your money back if you want to ship it back. And watch your language, I'm not being disrespectful towards you

Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
^ This should have been kept strictly within PM's until all options were exhausted - the thread helps neither of you and threads like this never do any good with he said/she said back & forth. Looks like fault lies on both sides.

Good luck with resolving this. Should delete thread and go to PM's ASAP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.