The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
^^^Doesnt exactly explain why only that one part would be a rusty mess, but ok...

Old 11-27-2017, 06:58 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Agreed

Old 11-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Testing my brand new bumpers

Straight out of the box

Old 11-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Oh dear lord haha. How’s the fitment.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Oh dear lord haha. How’s the fitment.

Small gaps

I still have to drill the holes out for the bumper
There 3xs heavier than the stock bumpers.... my mpgs is going to drop

Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
The G does weigh over 3000 you know. Can’t be much worse.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I hope that's the worst that bumper ever looks. Where the hell did you store that thing?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:12 PM
On the floor in the backyard
It's just full off mud I already washed it
Good as new.

I just took off the bumpers and side skirts to put them up for sale

Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts

Put on my new winter wheels (G37 Sedan 18s). I honestly prefer these to my 19" G37 Enkeis in both looks, tire cost, and due to the square setup... I wonder what I'd be losing in real world street/occasional autox performance due to the 1.5" width difference between the two tires.

Then I tinted the front side markers (they're still orange under there) and gave her a nice wash and wax. I forgot what she looked like not covered in leaves and dirt while I was off at college.

Next on the list: Magnaflow X-pipe to fix the X02 drone (and replace all the rusted out exhaust hardware), Whiteline diff bushing (after my first attempt was foiled by rusty midpipe bolts), then time to get down and dirty grinding rust off the quarter panels.... wish me luck.

I've picked up a propane heater for the garage, so hopefully by next summer my G will be rust free with brand new suspension goodies. Side note, if anybody has cheap used aftermarket sway bars, I hear that's a good place to start.

Last edited by cswlightning; 11-30-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: words
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789

Testing my brand new bumpers

Straight out of the box

Alright! Super Clean!
On a serious note, post some pics of the bumper install for me in your other thread. I really need to remount my Inven front. I hate those gaps under the lights and need some ideas on mounting it. Want to make it stronger mounting also.. these duraflex bumpers are heavy.

Last edited by EPiK; 12-01-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Planning to be a car day today. I'm posting a list here in the morning and hopefully will check them off this afternoon

Oil/Filter change, adding qt of Rislone to see if OC slows
Install Innovate WB o2 kit so I can datalog AF and get off this generic base uprev tune
finish designing the fins for my carbon rear diffuser
figure out why my transmission is very notchy into 5th and 6th

I still have new ES steering rack bushings on deck, and a windshield washer tank to install, but I'm not that ambitious today. I want to actually get some driving in too.

Stay Tuned

Old 12-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by EPiK
Alright! Super Clean!
On a serious note, post some pics of the bumper install for me in your other thread. I really need to remount my Inven front. I hate those gaps under the lights and need some ideas on mounting it. Want to make it stronger mounting also.. these duraflex bumpers are heavy.
Will do. I'll going to start a whole new thread I'm going to tear it down to change the color or my car and installing the new bumpers

Old 12-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Replaced oil, trans and diff fluids. Shifts were getting a little notchy on cold mornings, smooth like butter now.

Also replaced Diode Dynamics leds with regular bulbs. 3 of 4 were burned out after less than a year, not to mention the one that's stuck in my headlight after it melted within 2 months. EBay leds seriously lasted longer for 1/4th the price. C-, would not recommend.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by cswlightning

Put on my new winter wheels (G37 Sedan 18s). I honestly prefer these to my 19" G37 Enkeis in both looks, tire cost, and due to the square setup... I wonder what I'd be losing in real world street/occasional autox performance due to the 1.5" width difference between the two tires.

Then I tinted the front side markers (they're still orange under there) and gave her a nice wash and wax. I forgot what she looked like not covered in leaves and dirt while I was off at college.

Next on the list: Magnaflow X-pipe to fix the X02 drone (and replace all the rusted out exhaust hardware), Whiteline diff bushing (after my first attempt was foiled by rusty midpipe bolts), then time to get down and dirty grinding rust off the quarter panels.... wish me luck.

I've picked up a propane heater for the garage, so hopefully by next summer my G will be rust free with brand new suspension goodies. Side note, if anybody has cheap used aftermarket sway bars, I hear that's a good place to start.

What sort of tint did you use for the sidemarkers?
I used normal window tint but they are starting to peel off from the edge. It might just be cheap tint that didn't shrink well.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Trying out a new-to-me product for my weekly wash, Optimum No-Rinse Wash and WAX (not wash and shine). I read reviews between the two and since I wash my vehicle weekly regardless of weather and season so a weekly wax is fine, they don't last long but in reality it only needs to stay on for 7 days and I've been seriously tempted to pull the trigger on buying Topcoat F11 but I can't shake this gut feeling that I wouldn't be happy with it for a highway use / construction site daily driver...

Weather conditions today were a crappy worst-case scenario of 38 degrees F with 99% humidity, 2 bucket method. The product has a VERY weak detergent (had to actually CHANGE wash mitts halfway through because of accumulated grime) at the recommended mix of 1oz per 2gal water, next week I'm going to try a slightly hotter mix but I wanted to stick to the recommendation for the first use.

Product doesn't leave my hands feeling wierd, smells good, leaves a very slick wet surface that immediately begins to run off in a sheet and not a bead which is nice. It does NOT play nice with Pinnacle Souveran wax which it completely stripped off, the wax was already 6 weeks old but I was a little surprised that it almost immediately dissolved the old wax (literally under 5 seconds on contact), HOWEVER it does seem to work very well with the Klasse paint sealant I have on under the former wax, when drying the vehicle it felt SUPER smooth and the microfiber drying towels I have had almost zero friction.

I was concerned about swirls because my car had a lot of mud splatter from puddles at work but I can't see any visible marring, I was very careful to just lightly go over muddy spots / rinse / wash a second time more thoroughly on each panel though.

Overall for my specific situation I think this product will work out very well but I can't fully give it my stamp of approval until I've used it for quite a few weeks to see how well the wax holds up to actual driving and weather conditions, initial reaction though I give it a solid "A" rating. Price is reasonable too which is a bonus.

Reflection on the hood.

Took about 45 minutes for a full wash and the car was FILTHY from a week of highway travel in **** weather and a muddy jobsite.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-02-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?