The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Aftermarket parts cheapen your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010 | 03:26 PM
wow what a moron

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:02 PM
I think people on this forum need to stop obsessing over putting aftermarket bumpers and other ricetastic additions on their car thinking it makes it more attractive when IMO a stock G is the best looking G. Maybe some wheels, and that's that but dudes on here go nuts with it.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:08 PM
seeing this car stock hurts my eyes

especially the front end.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Abdizzle
I think people on this forum need to stop obsessing over putting aftermarket bumpers and other ricetastic additions on their car thinking it makes it more attractive when IMO a stock G is the best looking G. Maybe some wheels, and that's that but dudes on here go nuts with it.
I many cases I think you are entirely wrong.

There are examples of poorly modified cars (that's why the "ugly G" thread exists...

but I know of MANY G sedans (and several coupes) that look waaayyyy better than stock (not to mention performance enhancements - yes, they can be modified to perform better than stock).

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:12 PM
a drop and a nismo front are only things a G coupe needs!

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:23 PM
Modifying parts is a passion. A hobby. There are modifications that look extremely nice on a car, and those that don't flow so wel.

After lowering my Accord, I will never have a vehicle without a good drop. Wheel gap is a fail indeed. Not only that, but I feel more in control of my vehicle when it is lowered. Wheels with good fitment, nothing tucking, is a must as well. Currently I went cuckoo with my wheel setup, but for future one's I'm not going to go so crazy.

Body kits? Why not? Don't see anything wrong with them. Doesn't make them rice. It just brings out the car in a certain way. Makes it look more attractive, depending on the kit you get.

Exhaust? It may not be about power, but rather the sound, or just better lower end.

The term "cheapens" is vague. If you mean resale value, yes. OEM parts will hold a higher value, but that doesn't mean the car is "cheaper" or "cheaper looking".

Honestly, I don't think adding or replacing certain things cheapens the car at all. I had Impul Ohlins coilovers...my gosh they were beauties. Stock wouldn't come close to the kind of handling I had. Performance was beautiful. Cost of the coilovers are almost $3,000 brand new...but dealerships aren't going to give you that, partly because they can't take responsibility of the liability nor do they want to take time to investigate to find out how good of a part it is...take for example Nismo. That's considered afermarket, however Nissan uses them for their upgraded parts and it's actually more expensive and you get more money when you sell your vehicle for those parts. Now if it was Impul, HKS, or any other brand, it would be the same thing, but it's not.

Many people have wheels that are MUCH better quality than OEM. I wouldn't trade my Work Varianza T1S's for OEM 17's ever. They look much nicer and are solidly built, but I won't get anything near what I paid for them....that said...that's why you part out....you sell your parts on forums before you sell your car, unless the buyer is willing to compensate you for what you want (reasonably) for your aftermarket parts.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:30 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)
Premier Member
Everyone should just keep their G stock! That way they blend in with everyone else's stock G! (^_^)

I shoulda kept my G stock... now it's just plain ugly. People throw up in their mouth when ever the see my car!

Ahhh... there you go, this is more like it! The best looking G ever:

(wow...talk about resurrection of a 6 year old thread)

Last edited by speedraver; 01-21-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2010 | 06:38 PM
Almost had a heart attack there. That bumper is so rice!

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:50 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Abdizzle
You're certainly welcome to your own opinion, but obviously most of us do not agree with you. And it's not just the dudes that go nuts. We have a few female members with tastefully modded cars.

Old 01-22-2010 | 12:24 AM
Under Construction
damn...i guess this is gonna end my mod bug....lol...nat!!!!!! hahahha

Old 01-22-2010 | 12:25 AM
Under Construction
lol if you have to money and you want your car to look the way you want it to esp different then why not....

Old 01-22-2010 | 01:18 AM
Have we ruined our G35s with modifications....?

The key as mentioned above is "Tastefully Modified!" The cars shown on the previous pages are someones flipin nightmare. To modify a well designed G35 to begin with requires research, thought, taste and perception of what looks right/correct. I seriously don't believe a tastefully modified G35 coupe or sedan will lose value. We may never recover the $ we've spent doing the mods.... this I will concede but it is sooo much fun!
Gary

Old 01-22-2010 | 01:20 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
^why do you always have a title for you post?

Just curious

Old 01-22-2010 | 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER
^why do you always have a title for you post?
Just curious
I don't Joker, do a little research you'll see it's a rarity. What's the idea of sending your weather to SoCAL....?
Gary

Old 01-22-2010 | 01:31 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by gary c
I don't Joker, do a little research you'll see it's a rarity. What's the idea of sending your weather to SoCAL....?
Gary
Payback is a bitch ain't it?

You guys can tough it out. Flood is not that dangerous for CA, due to the fact that implants float most of you guys shall be ok.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts cheapen your G