Aftermarket parts cheapen your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i feel this way too. stock is the way to go

Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
To each their own... Personally I just like to go fast... Stock just doesn't get me there. I have seen mods I like, others I don't.

I just do what I want... If your worried about resale value buy Gold, not cars.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HateThatBobBarkr
my opinion

the funny thing is, some of the people complain about the aftermarket parts people put on their car but then go get the borla. if you ask me buying the borla is what really cheapens the car, id only put titanium exhaust on my car, id only but a real bodykit, no replica, i wont buy the crawford plenum, i want an all new complete intake plenum like on the top secret Z not a reworking of the stock one. i wouldnt put springs on my car, id do coilovers, and for wheels i wouldnt put most of the brands you guys use, id stick with HRE, ADVAN, VOLK, or WORK.

-moooooo
I'm glad you are name dropping the most expensive parts, I assume you paid cash for your g35 and didn't borrow a cent for it right?

Just because it has a big price tag doesnt mean its the "best". There are many wheels way more expensive than HRE, ADVAN, VOLK, and WORK....if you own a set of these and can attest to there quality, craftsmanship, weight, daily driven abuse, materials used...then add it. Don't stereotype parts because you are impressed by a magazine ad or saw a car online with them.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Haha...talk about diggin in the archives. This thread needs to go back there

My .02: Different strokes for different folks. Their G, their $$, their wish, their opinion, their reason, their satisfaction, end of story...

Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Who wants a car that looks like everyone elses.....?

Thats my view

Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
a stock g looks good
but
a fixed up G looks even beter!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by in2win
I'm glad you are name dropping the most expensive parts, I assume you paid cash for your g35 and didn't borrow a cent for it right?
Dude, you're getting all up in arms about a post from August of 2003! For all we know, this poster and his car may no longer exist. Maybe we can get the surviving members of his family to explain the financial details of how his car was purchased since it seems to be of such importance to you.

Good lord people, LEARN HOW TO READ !!! Or at least learn some date-related math for **** sake.

(Is 2293 days the record for responding to a post?)

Last edited by BuckeyeInMI; 12-08-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by LightsOut
a stock g looks good
but
a fixed up G looks even beter!
Depends if the driver has any taste.. Even so, a 'modded' G will not sell for more than what a stock G is worth. People don't like bumpers that dont align properly, or bumpers made from fiberglass, scion rooftop, dark vader hoods, etc etc.

Which is why when people sell their cars, they want to change everything back to stock and sell the parts separately.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 12-08-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ Is that an EVO wing on the white G??? LOL!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Holy Fvck those riced out G's made me cry laughing

Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Depends if the driver has any taste.. Even so, a 'modded' G will not sell for more than what a stock G is worth. People don't like bumpers that dont align properly, or bumpers made from fiberglass, scion rooftop, dark vader hoods, etc etc.

Which is why when people sell their cars, they want to change everything back to stock and sell the parts separately.

of all the modded you G's you picked out why couldn't you pick out a tastefully modded G. but what you have to remember is, different parts of the nation that might be the style everyone is doing. so your city/state might have different interest on taste but that other city/state gets props for their ride

reason why people bring their cars back to stock; is cause dealers will offer more cash for trade in, and getting back some cash for modded parts helps with the new project purchase.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^man, not a looker in the bunch. That's basically what i'm talking about (cheap and ridiculous)

Semi stock look is the way to go imo. I prefer the clean look, a slight drop and a decent set of rims. I see a lot of people who have some nasty looking kits and other mods done to their cars. It just makes such a classy car look cheap and ridiculous but to each their own I suppose.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by LightsOut
of all the modded you G's you picked out why couldn't you pick out a tastefully modded G. but what you have to remember is, different parts of the nation that might be the style everyone is doing. so your city/state might have different interest on taste but that other city/state gets props for their ride

reason why people bring their cars back to stock; is cause dealers will offer more cash for trade in, and getting back some cash for modded parts helps with the new project purchase.
Because the guy I replied to said "a modded G looks better than stock G's"...

And I replied, "depends on the driver who modded the G".

Which is what the OP was saying...

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 12-08-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
everyone likes their g a certain way .. rice or not ..its their g to do what they wish ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts cheapen your G