G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

65 in a 45 zone.Bullsh*t!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:07 PM
|
65 in a 45 zone.Bullsh*t!

soo im gettin of an exit on my way to work and yup and highway patrol pulls me over...tells me i was going 20mph over the speed limit. I did not even see him and i didnt even know wat speed i was going but i know i wasnt going 65!..so he gimes me a 150$ ticket, plus 4 points on my license..yup im pretty pist off!! what do i do? can i fight this ticket in any way? o he also told me to take a damn defensive driving course wat a dik!.. 1st time. he was suck a ***** ..maybe he jus jelous im drivin this wen im only 20.

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:11 PM
I'm not sure of the laws in NY, but make every effort to beat him in court.

Don't accept any "discounts" on the price of the ticket...you want those points gone!=

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:18 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
There is ALWAYZ a way to fight it, get a lawyer first.
2nd the defensive drivers coarse rly isnt that bad, it takes of like 3 points, and 15% off ur insurance.

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:41 PM
Staff Alumni
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by Black0nBlack
soo im gettin of an exit on my way to work and yup and highway patrol pulls me over...tells me i was going 20mph over the speed limit. I did not even see him and i didnt even know wat speed i was going but i know i wasnt going 65!..so he gimes me a 150$ ticket, plus 4 points on my license..yup im pretty pist off!! what do i do? can i fight this ticket in any way? o he also told me to take a damn defensive driving course wat a dik!.. 1st time. he was suck a ***** ..maybe he jus jelous im drivin this wen im only 20.
Of course he's jealous. All cops are jealous of 20 year olds driving 40k cars that can't communicate.

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:42 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Black0nBlack
There's your trouble. If you "didn't even know what speed you were going" I'd bet he's right and you're wrong.

He probably told you to take a defensive driving course because in many instances it will keep the points off your license and your insurance. The "dick", as you refer to him, was likely giving you good advice.

Too funny. Kids with cars. I'm sure the law enforcement officer was "jealous" of you. LMAO..

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:44 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Of course he's jealous. All cops are jealous of 20 year olds driving 40k cars that can't communicate.
Now THAT'S funny.

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:45 PM
in NY hell yeah i would fight it you can get away with any ticket in NY haha my buddy is from there and he faught every ticket that he got..he moved here to florida and he got a ticket and went to court and had to pay double for trying to fight it..he then got another ticket and went to the other county and tried to fight it off and then had to pay double again haha but i would try to fight it off if i were you

Old 06-02-2006 | 04:54 PM
Don't know how NY tickets look like but is there an area where it says something like the method of determining the rate of speed? If he wrote radar detector it should have a reference number next to it so he could use it in court. I mean since you state you weren't going 65.

Old 06-02-2006 | 05:03 PM
Maybe it isn't bullsh*t...............

This kinda thing has happned to everyone.....driving
along thinking about everything but how fast your
going and a cop pulls you over and you get nailed.
Bottom line, the cop was just doing his job and he's
not a dick.....he gave you good advice. Do whatever
it takes to get this off your record, driving school or
traffic school. Lesson learned, awareness is the key
to survival. Be aware of how fast your going and
who might be behind you at all times.........LOL
Dad

Old 06-02-2006 | 05:30 PM
I'm a black guy (mixed) but when I was younger (16-18) I drove a tubro GSX with a nasty exhaust and BOV. I used to get pulled over ALL the time..."oh it's because i'm a young black guy in a nice affluent suburb" right? Wrong. I drove fast and like an idiot. I bought a tC last year (I'm 22 now) and in the same area (Irvine, OC) I haven't been pulled over once.

Maybe if you pull your head out of your *** you'd realize YOU were the problem and the cop was just doing his job. Jealous, please.

Old 06-02-2006 | 05:47 PM
Well,guys, don't be so hard on him. The G predisposes for more spirited driving and we all get some tickets once in a while. Cops profile us as more agressive drivers because we drive a fast car. I used to have a Sentra which I drove like a maniac(100mph and over) and never got a ticket in the 5 years of owning it. With the G, I got 2 tickets in one year for driving at 75-80mph on a 65mph. I am curious whether most of you abide strictly to the speed limits. Come on, do you really drive 65mph all the time?Might as well get a Corolla or Civic.
As far as fighting the ticket, try to do a trial by written declaration. You can find more info on http://www.ticketassassin.com/
Good luck!

Old 06-02-2006 | 05:48 PM
Is it just me, or does the sympathymeter drop about 500 points (on a scale of 0-100) when the person writing the message misspells 10 out of 12 words and the thought of grammer isn't even in the came county?

Old 06-02-2006 | 06:00 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Blackonblack,

i feel your pain, i get pulled over all the time here in miami.. i am only 23 in a nice car and as much as i get pulled over not one of them have give me a ticket yet...

Funny one, i heard the other day was...
after asking for all my info,

cop- do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?
me- no
cop- well people like you with loud exhaust usually have those kinds of things in there car, you know!
me - really,... people like me?
cop - where are going/ and coming from??
me- coming from school and im going home.
cop- well sometimes we have to pull over the good citizens to get to the bad ones....

WTF.. i've had the G for a year... been pulled over about 8 times here and not one ticket... i wear my seatbelt and drive the speed limit almost always and it still happens. Sometimes i feel aas though i wish they would just give me a damn ticket rather than asking all those retarted questions.

Old 06-02-2006 | 06:29 PM
Yes I'm sure cops are jealous of our bling bling cars...i mean shoot, cops can't make the kind of money WE make right? BTW...cops' salary starts at $55k, and that's only when they're in the academy!

Old 06-02-2006 | 06:32 PM
|
THANKS TO EVERYOONE FOR UR COMMENTS..AND TO ALL OF YOU'S ACTING LIKE JERKOFFFS TALKINNG LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL... I KNO I WASNT GOIN 65 THATS WHY I DECIDED TO POST THIS AND GET SOME FEEDBAK...AND YEA MAYBE HE WAS JUS JELOUS CUZ HE ACTED LIEK A REAL ******* WIT ME AND BEING 20 AND BUYING MYSELF A 40k CAR WHEN THE COP WHO PULLS ME OVER STARTS MAKING 25,000$ (NYPD STARTING SALARY) AND HE LOOKED PRETTY YOUNG HIMSELF THAT COULD JUST B A POSABILITY..SO I THREW THAT IN MY POST.

Last edited by Black0nBlack; 06-02-2006 at 06:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.