G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lights - the final answer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 04:55 PM
FGC Central Florida BOD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lights - the final answer!

'03 G35 Coupe | Black on Black | Performance | 20% tint | Clear Corners | http://www.cardomain.com/id/dabomb3

177917-zzz.jpg

Old 01-27-2004, 05:24 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

aldo
what wire did you cut to get it to only come on when it blinks. i think there are only 2 a red one and a black one not for sure though. thanks

Daniel

5AT Coupe / DP / Willow / Aero / Premium / 3M Clear Bra / 5% Tint All Round / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Piaas Everywhere / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights

Old 02-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Premier Member

Guess I will be the first to ask this since no where in this thread it was mentioned! The Sedan does not have that long light on the side of the fixture. But instead if lights up the fog/highbeam light with a polarg bulb. Anyone have pictures and info on this? I plan to upgrade the HID to 6k D2R, and upgrade the fogs to a bulb that matches. I just wondering if anyone has done the Sedan yet.

Old 02-29-2004, 01:14 PM

First off I must say this is an excellent thread.

Second - GR8TG35 in New Jersey no exterior bulb is allowed to be blue. I had this problem once with an old truck of mine that had blue signal markers / turn signals. Blue light is reserved specifically for emergency vehicles in Jersey and with my experience, in certain areas you can get away with this type of a violation. Namly anywhere there are State Troopers, because they are real cops (no offense to anyone, but my experiences with local cops has been nothing but bad for years.) and wont hassle you over a light on your car. As far as Townships, in central jersey the worst three to drive through are Marlboro, Manalapan and Freehold....not the borough, township, borough cops fall back to the real cops who have somethng to do besides harrass people example. Down by the shore, Wall township is the only bad one.

Unfortunatly in Jersey its a "figure it out yourself" kind of a situation because for years I was never bothered for my 15% tint on my front windows....I moved down to the shore and found myself getting 2 tickets a month, sometimes more.

It all comes down to three words when breaking New Jerseys excessive laws regarding exterior apperance of cars....

location, location, location.

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black No navigation. No spoiler, yet.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

EX250
Thanks for the warning....
I'm located in Old Bridge area...and so far with my clear corners and Piaa's I have been left alone...I used the exteme white bulbs so they really don't look blue to me.....Several local police have been along side of me as well and no response...Thank god..
On the GSP I pass the radar traps all the time and even with no front plate I've been very lucky....
I guess it's like you said......Location Location,,,Location..

anyway I just ordered a set of MTEC's today for my fog/highs so when they arrive I plan to install them along w/Piaa's for my clearance strips.....

well I'll just have to see what happens from there......thanks again for the warning....I'll keep my eyes open traveling through those areas.......[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] <font color=blue>2old4this</font color=blue>

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners/Piaa's

Old 04-23-2004, 11:13 AM

Is your clearance and your side marker the same bulb (type)..wedge bulb? Do you have to use LED's for the clearance?

Old 04-23-2004, 11:30 AM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

they are bothte same type of bulb. it doesnt matter if you use leds in one and wedge bulbs in another. i have piaa leds in both my corners and clearance, but it personal preferance.

Daniel

5ATC / DP / Willow / Premium / Aero / Clear Bra / 5% Tint - 30% Windshield / Ground Kit / Clear Corners / Shock Sensor / L.E.D. Hood Lights / Z - Tube / OEM Remote Window Up / VDC Memory

Old 06-25-2004, 07:50 PM

Will an LED wedge bulb look any different than a regular wedge bulb in the side markers? Will it fill out the lamp better as opposed to having that one area that shines brighter where the bulb is?

I just installed a pair of regular PIAA Xtreme White wedge bulbs (Part No. 19172) in my side markers today (JDM clear corners) and I'm not 100% satisfied with the color matching my headlights. I was thinking about going for a pair of PIAA LED Xtreme White wedge bulbs (Part No. 19263 - White color). Anybody have these?

Here are some comparison photos. The top ones are my JDM clear corners with the amber bulbs they come with. Bottom ones are JDM clear corners with PIAA Xtreme White wedge bulbs (19172).

285993-PIAA Comparison.JPG

Old 06-25-2004, 07:52 PM

Here's a comparison with the Flash off, you can see the color of the lights better here.

285995-PIAA Comparison Flash Off.JPG

Old 07-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took some more photos a while back... might help some people here.

Camera was left on the same setting for all pictures.

Here is the OEM bulb for reference.

---------------------------------
http://www.anythingbox.net

294966-oem.jpg

Old 07-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

PIAA Extreme White Bulb

294967-xtreme.jpg

Old 07-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

Rase Creations White LED NightStar This is a side emitting LED. I actually prefer the Piaa White/White LED for this clearance strip color due to its forward emitting LEDs. They fill the strip more evenly than these. The Rase Creations white LED bulbs are phenomenal in the license plate though. A million times better than the extreme white bulbs IMO.

294970-rase.jpg

Old 07-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

Amber bulb that comes with the Clear Side Marker lenses.

294972-amber.jpg

Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 PM

this may have already been discussed here, but i want to know if it' worth it or not. i got PIAA Super LED White bulbs i got #19263. i put them on my clear corners and i noticed that the light doesnt really spread throughout the corner's housing, it just looks like a whiteish/blue circle when lit. my other clear corner still had it's amber bulb in it and it spreads alot better than the LED bulb. does anyone who have the actual LED bulb (blue, blue/white, or white) notice this? which leads to me next question, you people who have the xtreme whites #19172, does the light spread good throughout the housing? or is it like what i described on my LED? is it worth it for me to get the xtreme whites instead for the corners so it'll spread out more? please help. thanks

Old 07-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Devil's Advocate

I just installed the 19172s today. They are basically doing what you describe with the LEDs. when looking at it from the side the center is very hot and appears to be surrounded be a 1.5 inch circle of light. From the front it looks fine. I think that the problem is with the diffusion properties of the clear corners and not the bulbs. I have given serious thought about painting the top of the bulbs kind of the way the H4s are set up, but I am concerned that it would trap too much heat in the 168s causing them to burn out way too fast. Anyone else tried it?

Also installed the 15760s today. They could be a little bluer, but they aren't too bad.

Ivory Coupe 5AT
Z tube, K&N drop in.
Crawford Plenum and Fujitsubo Exhaust soon to come...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lights - the final answer!