G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

white or black g35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white or black g35 coupe?

im about to get a new g35, but cant decide between these 2 colors, my past 2 cars have already been white, i wuz kinda aiming more towards the black, but im in tx and it can get hot down here... but with a black car, i heard the paint fades faster? is tihs true? and that you have to take care of the black car more than the white? cause it absorbs the suns rays more than a white car? please help me out on this... i really want a black one...

Old 10-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Alumni****
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: white or black g35 coupe?

you're gonna get a whole bunch of different opinions, but here's mine..

my coupe is ivory pearl.. knew this wuz going to be the color of my G since the first time i saw one drive by.. IMO, it's the most luxurious looking color.. honestly, it's hard to keep the car clean.. pretti much after everytime i wash the car, i got out for my first drive, and i'll come back with a bunch of dust and water spots.. realli visible since it's white.. i do realli like black too tho.. can't help but love a black car with black tint.. but you also have to deal with swirl marks..

there's pros and cons to every color.. jus go with whichever catches your attention when u see it in person..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 PM

IP is pretty and OB is nice. when i roll through with the IP coupe i get looks from everywhere. but you may get that with any color. white just stands out more. IMO

Old 10-07-2003, 12:05 AM

Black looks sleeker. Get a good tint, and you it almost looks like those rich a$$ pplz cars.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-07-2003, 12:23 AM

Neither. IMHO, TB is the bomb .

Mod: Borla exhaust / Nismo sway bar / Z duct / Amsoil air filter [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2003, 12:29 AM

white is the hottest. black is gangsta... but for me, black is more fitting on a sedan than a coupe.

Old 10-07-2003, 12:47 AM

Infiniti's Ivory Pearl is a nice white, but I noticed that on my dad's 2 week old FX35, some of the pieces seem to be yellowing. Seems this is a characteristic of the IP, also the bumpers don't match the rest of the body quite that well. It's probably the material that's being sprayed. True, the black does show more dirt, but so does the white.
I chose the black...why? because it was available! I wish the IP was more pearly, like the Caddy Escalades.

Old 10-07-2003, 01:05 AM

Black if you want the meanest, coolest looking car but you're willing to put up with the BS of cleaning it all the time and crying everytime you see a scratch.

04 Sedan. Obs. Black W/ Willow. Premium, Navigation, Sport Tuned. 35% Tint on sides, 20% back, Hyper-Ground kit and Stillen high flow on delivery.

Old 10-07-2003, 01:13 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with Sicshift on this one. Black looks classy, luxurious, and just downright mean with a nice dark tint. IP is beautiful in its own right, it has a great look and seems sportier. I personally got the BO sedan with a spoiler and dark tints... it just looks like it eats other cars.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it comes to color, it's never a black and white decision. There is always a gray area. I would go with the DG or the IP. I would never buy a black car. sure when they are brand new they look great. 3 years down the line they look like $hit. the swirl marks and dings will really show.

I chose BS for my sedan as I like silver a lot.

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 10-07-2003, 01:55 AM

Black is probably the most badass looking color when clean. The problem is keeping it that way.

Old 10-07-2003, 02:23 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

i've seen pics of some nice looking white coupes out there. but i think clean black coupes look even better.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-07-2003, 06:52 AM

There is nothing nicer than a freshly waxed BLACK G!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 10-07-2003, 12:13 PM

I have an IP coupe and I love it, there is no other color I would even consider UNLESS I was loaded. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, Black would be the color for me. It looks AMAZING when brand new. It really has nothing to do with clean or dirty, as both IP and BO llok bad when dirty and good when clean. It has to do with age. Any Black car will look like total hell after a few years, unless you have crap loads of money to take care of it and it is not your daily driver. Show me ANY black car that is a daily driver with 3years and 45k miles on it and I'll show you a car with an assload of swirl marks. Like I said, it is the best looking though, but only when new. Pearl on the other hand, doesn't show any swirl marks, and will look good for a long time. I say pearl, becasue that is what the coupe is, not white. White cars look like hell over time also.

All that being said, I think you are chosing between the 2 best though, I wouldn't even consider buying a coupe in any color but those 2. Especially not any of the 3 silvers, why the hell would you make a car in 3 differnt silvers? Those silvers makes the coupe look like an Eclipse.

Old 10-07-2003, 01:00 PM

I think the white coupe is absolutely beautiful

Jason Siu
http://www.g35coupe.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: white or black g35 coupe?