G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dilemma... G35 vs G35MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well..if you are willing to learn manual..go for it..
it's your car..you are the one DRIVING IT..
yes it sucks when you get stucked on the traffic..but
it's cool when you are driving when nobody is around you..
I didn't know how to drive manual until I bought this car..
I've had this for 4 months now..and I'm very happy that I bought 6MT..
again..it's your choice..it's gonna be your car..and it's YOU driving this G..
anyways,,
good luck and I hope you join our G club soon..kekeke

Old 08-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 6MTzer
It's not that I think I am a God, but when the girlies run up to my car yelling "is it a stick? Is it a five speed?"
I don't think I could take the look of disappointment on their faces if they looked inside and saw an automatic.

Then I say, noooo, it's a six speed!

I think the ladies are more interested in the stick that are inside my pants the one's that are inside my car...LOL

Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 PM
you live in LA....the traffic is horrendous. I live in NJ and the traffic here during rush hour is insane...just as bad as in LA. So if you are just learning stick and u don't want to deal with the hastle in traffic where u'll be shifting gears more than you press the brake....you might as well go with the 5AT. No shame in driving automatic.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:04 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bythabay
What's up with all the posts complaining about shifting in and out of first in traffic? Don't you people keep any distance between you and the car in front?? I often times hit traffic with my 6mt and I usually stay in second - doesn't feel any different than an auto as long as you pay attention to keeping a nice open spot in front of you.
I assume you're referring to me? You can search all 5300+ of my posts and you are not going to find one of me complaining about having a stick. I would never buy this car in auto and not cause I'm a girly girl, but because I track and auto-x my car more than most of you manly guys do.

As for going in and out of first, it was *STOP*-and-go traffic I was referring to, as in move 5 car lenghts, stop, move another 5, stop again. And if you don't move, someone else will cut you off and those behind you will start honking type of deal.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Premier Member

If it was the same tranny Part #'s would be the same and so would parts. You can't put a G35 tranny in a Titan, it would blow up. The Titan tranny is by the same manufacture but its a different design RE5R05A called a wide ratio model. It has to take 9500lb towing, and different gearing, tranxaxle, 4x2/4x4.

It is not the same tranny in the Titan. Try again.

M35/M45/Q45 have the same tranny but its not the same one as in the Titan.

The clutch on my 04 and 05 were definitely not weak after all the racing abuse I put them through.

Originally Posted by DaveB
The JATCO 5AT used in the G35 is the same tranny used in the much more powerful Nissan Titan, Q45, M45, etc. It's more than capable of handling the stock HP/TQ the VQ35 dishes out. It's also 50lbs lighter too.

As for complaints, clearly you haven't owned a G35 long enough to understand that the 6MT is on it's 5th update thanks primarily to poor syncros and a rather weak clutch.

As for me not getting the 6MT, my concern was reliability and driveability. Dealing with traffic isn't a big deal for me, but I wasn't about to drive another rough driving Nissan manual for 6 years. I drove 3 G35 6MTs because I couldn't believe all 6MTs drove that bad. I was wrong. Now if the 6MT drove like a BMW or Honda manual then you find me in a 6MT G35. Me driving an auto has nothing to do with age. It has to do with what I demand in a car. To me the 5AT offers up the best overall driving experience.

You guys crack me up acting as if you're some type of driving God because you pilot a manual

Last edited by G35_TX; 08-14-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Get an MT and you could either love it or hate it, but there's no going back. Go with the AT and the worse thing is you endup driving in Manumatic mode 80% of the time.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 6MTzer
It's not that I think I am a God, but when the girlies run up to my car yelling "is it a stick? Is it a five speed?"
I don't think I could take the look of disappointment on their faces if they looked inside and saw an automatic.

Then I say, noooo, it's a six speed!
Those sound like some high class and quality girls.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
wtf is up people arguing which one is better, people get whatever the *** they want, its not that one is more expensive than the other.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
wtf is up people arguing which one is better, people get whatever the *** they want, its not that one is more expensive than the other.
A STS-equipped 5AT is $1000 more expensive than a 6MT

Old 08-14-2006, 11:28 PM
All you people complain about traffic, go drive in downtown Rome, that's freakin' traffic, and they do it everyday, with a manual transmission. Most of Europe does. Americans are lazy and want to push the gas and go, the enjoyment of driving a car is shifting the gears. If you want an automatic, go buy an SUV. Discussion done, no more posts please!!

Old 08-14-2006, 11:46 PM
in a previous theard, i wish i could find it, a guy said that he and his friend raced stock for stock, same year (dont rmeber if they were coups or sedans), and that
he got him off the line but by 3rd gear, his friend came up to his bumper and dropped back 3 times jsut not to run into him, so i dont know about the auto

Old 08-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Alphaking
All you people complain about traffic, go drive in downtown Rome, that's freakin' traffic, and they do it everyday, with a manual transmission. Most of Europe does. Americans are lazy and want to push the gas and go, the enjoyment of driving a car is shifting the gears. If you want an automatic, go buy an SUV. Discussion done, no more posts please!!
Ummm, most people in Europe drive small cars with small displacement motors hence the need for the additional torque multiplication of a manual. I wouldn't be caught dead owning an auto 4 banger.

As for traffic, try Atlanta when you get a chance. I travel for work and I've been all over Chicago, Jersey, New York, Seattle, and LA and without a doubt, traffic in Atlanta is a zoo. There's a reason why the Atlanta commute holds the title as the most expensive commute in the country. My office was 11 miles from my house. If I left at 630am, I got to work in about 45-50 minutes. If I left at 4pm, it took an hour. If school is in session, then add 15 minutes each way. Taking the highway or side streets results in the same commute time. Often times I was crawling along at 2-5mph. There's no way I'd be caught dead driving a manual in that type of traffic, clutching in and out constantly to keep the motor from stalling along with dealing with the rolling hills in the area.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Finiti35
A STS-equipped 5AT is $1000 more expensive than a 6MT

Was my post arrogant? Yes [X] No [ ]

Old 08-15-2006, 05:54 AM
It depends if you want to enjoy driving a G35 more or MT more. If you want to enjoy driving a G35 MT, it will take you at least 6-12 months especially with the traffic in LA.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DaveB
Those sound like some high class and quality girls.
Coworkers, neighbors, female car enthusiasts and strangers. I don't think they fall into a precise category other that people that know the difference between auto and stick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dilemma... G35 vs G35MT