Wreckless Driving Ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.!!

Old 10-04-2006, 05:21 PM
say that now, but all those integra owners that get pulled over all the time for b*ll**** will remember when they never used to get stopped for anything.

Originally Posted by slikmo22
god forbid somebody "profiles" you...whata nightmare

Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Um Trey. When I hired a lawyer the last time I got a ticket, I also didn't have to show up for court. It's not a matter of being responsible. It's a matter of it not being required.

Nothing wrong with using the tools at his disposal to his advantage. As long as he learns something from it.
He's been extremely casual about all this, at least he has online, to the point of being flippant.

I never suggested he not defend himself. But he's been playing all this off like he received an unjust ticket.

And I disagree about not showing up in court. Even if you have a lawyer, you still should go. You did the deed. Deal with it. I did when I got my reckless driving ticket at 17. In fact, I went twice.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Trey, I pay my lawyer to show up in court for me. For that kind of $, she should also wash/wax my car too.

Seriously, one reason I paid for the lawyer is so I wouldn't have to waste a day off from work to go to court. I'm not going if I don't have to.

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
And I disagree about not showing up in court. Even if you have a lawyer, you still should go. You did the deed. Deal with it. I did when I got my reckless driving ticket at 17. In fact, I went twice.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
i work for st paul travelers commercial accounts group and all day long i look at mvr's (driving records) that we pull on every driver that works for one of our insured and i can tell you right off the bat that at least from our standpoint any driver with a reckless driving violation in the last 5 years will be rejected (will not meet our guidelines). the same goes for a dui or any speeding violation in which the driver was exceeding the posted limit by more than 25mph. usually what this comes down to is the insured has to fire that driver or denies them a job if they are an applicant. so be careful.

i myself have three violations in three years which insurance companies consider an "at risk driver". this just means more $$$ out of your pockets.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Premier Member

When i got mine...I couldn't drive the cars at my dealership...They have to constiantly pull your driving record...So, the dealership insurance won't insure me so i was suck for a whole month..I can't do test drive for diagnotics...I was losing money and it was such a hassle....My insurnace went up like a bitoch...That's will my parents. I couldn;t get insurance on my own...

Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got 12point for no reason like yours, i only drive normall with my loud exhaust

Old 10-05-2006, 02:04 AM
wow... thats some mean **** you guys said to this guy.

give him so slack, he came here to get advice not to be yelled at, i'm pretty sure his parents handled that part already. ****, this sounds like some honda forums or whichever car forums that think they know it all. Ask a simple question and get screamed at. I'm pretty sure when he made the thread he was assured that fellow G drivers would give him advice and it would ease his stress or what not. But damn, didn't have to make him seem like a fool, and who cares if he's more wealthy then us, we come here to share info right? to show what we know that others might not, and who cares if he or she did infact buy the damn car, it's the car that brings us together right? not how we bought it, or who worked for it? I got MY CAR from insurance, but the thing is my mom co-signed, why because i don't have enough credit. I'm pretty sure not everyone here is so well off they can just scream the **** out of this teen. Because if you were, I think there are much better cars out there for you guys. But Yea, Gobsessed or w/e your alias is, ignore the people that are giving you negative ****, and just listen to the positive stuff out here, and just drive safely, don't want to be someone that kills another persons loved one, or endanger anyone. Just learn from this!

damn, also, there were a lot of people i "looked" up to on this forum b/c they knew a lot and had badass rides or you were just a cool person, but the way you guys responded to this guy was just mean as ****. but then again you guys might not care who the hell i am, but w/e man this is just my thought or opinion.

chill and relax, don't be a online thug.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya dude, not cool at all doin something like this... pay the ticket, u deserve it

Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Just a general observation here: I don't understand how kids are 17 and 18 on this site talking about buying their own G's and can afford to "pay" for their own lawyers in court. I can't see what job you could have at 15-18 where you could possibly save up enough money to buy/maintain a G and then have the cash for a lawyer to defend you in court when you drive like a moron. There have been several threads on this site just like this one from spoiled *** kids who speed and drive with reckless abandon then bitch about getting a ticket/points. The lack of responsibility and accountability just boggles my mind.

Then you have grown adults on this site trying to find ways to help immature kids who have no business driving any car, let alone a car with almost 300hp, to get out of trouble. Kids like this are the ones that cause accidents and get people killed.

Guys will be quick to flame you for not offering helpful and constructive advice so here is my two:

I think most of these kids are full of ****. Pay the ticket and accept the points. Keep driving like that and see how long it is before you or someone else gets hurt/killed.

Last edited by JBKFizzle45; 10-05-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by G35obsessed
Yo all of you dicks with your smarta$$ opinions who are just pissed cause im lucky enough to have a g at 18, **** off. But everybody who gave valid advice i appreciate it...
I could give a f*ck what you drive junior. You don't **** me off in the least. I hope the next time you drive like a jack@ss you don't hurt anybody else. I could care less about you. Fish tail your G right off a cliff for all I care.

PS - I hope daddy gives you back the keys...to the Hyundai.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by slikmo22
What a dick>>and dont worry who paid for his car mind ur own
Hey n00b...

Old 10-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I've done 10x worse **** when I was 18.
Then you were 10x the idiot when you were 18.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:57 AM
1. I'm sort of torn between whether I think you're an idiot who doesn't deserve any sort of break, or if the reality is that we've all done something stupid to show off and you're just the unlucky one who got caught.

Probably a bit of both.

Since it hasn't been that long since I was 18, I do have to say that you're pretty dumb to over-estimate your abilities. You haven't been driving long enough to think local roads are an auto-cross track.

2. Lawyer vs. No Lawyer: it really depends where you're at in your life. Without one, you'll pay a hefty fine, your insurance will go up a LOT, and you'll have a criminal record (misdemeanor).

That being said... reckless driving isn't the sort of misdemeanor that is likely to keep you from getting a job when you graduate college... they might just shake your head, but come on, you were 18.

With an attorney, you'll still pay a hefty fine (how else do you think they get the District Attorney to justify giving you a break on the offense?), but your insurance won't go up as much.

You'll spend more on the lawyer than you'll save on the insurance hike, but you also benefit by not having a criminal record. It just sort of comes down to what you think is important. I'd fight it, even though it costs more.

But let's be clear: you won't get the charge dropped. But you'll get it reduced to a lesser offense, an infraction like audible tire friction, exhibition of speed, or something like that.

I don't know how much an attorney for this sort of offense costs (in CA one can be had for as little as $1000, but it can go up to he $3000-4000 range. You'd probably end up spending $1500 or so, I imagine-- don't cheap out or go with someone you're not comfortable with).

Someone mentioned that pleading guilty without an attorney is terrible advice... well, not really. It's the easiest and most painless way. The attorney route is definitely the MOST EXPENSIVE, let's be clear. And s/he won't get it dropped. So it's a personal choice of whether or not you mind having a minor criminal record or not. It's cheaper to just bend over and take it (as I said, your insurance will go up, but in the short run the insurance hike will cost less than the attorney--but over the years, it might balance out). That's why I'd get an attorney, because I would rather pay now and not have it looming over my head later... like when I'm trying to get new insurance or trying to get a job that needs a background check.

It's a personal choice, and pleading guilty and paying for it later rather than paying now for the high cost of an attorney might be a better personal choice. But there's a sacrifice in either case. There's no clear way out of it.

Attorney = more money up front, less pain down the road, less uncertainty down the road. No criminal record (probably).

No attorney = Less money now, potentially more headaches later. Petty criminal record (you're 18, maybe it's not a big deal).

Anyway, I thought that in most states, they impound your vehicle if you are charged with reckless driving? If so, then you should probably be glad yours was not. Good luck.
Well, tt's completely up to the cop, and how reckless you've been. If they're in a bad mood/not busy/not too far from jail or you've been REALLY ****ING RECKLESS, you'll get your car impounded you arrested and you'll have to post bail and come back for trial. But often they just cite and release. But you'll have to go get booked into jail for a day later on, however, prior to trial (in CA).

4. Using your age to make an excuse isn't going to work. Maybe the judge will have a soft spot and lower the fine... but it'll still be a misdemeanor. There's two goals: just try to get the fine reduced but keep the misdemeanor charge... or try to get the misdemeanor charge reduced to an infraction. Without an attorney, you can probably do the former. You need an attorney to do the latter--end of story. You will NOT get it reduced to an infraction without an attorney, so don't even try. Someone here said something about how getting an attorney might give the judge the wrong impression and make him less lenient. That is ABSOLUTELY not true. Judges/DAs are trained and used to dealing with defense attorneys. If you try to strike a deal without having one, they'll feel insulted. A defense attorney can do everything that you can't--not because of their training, but because of the ACCESS they have and because they can talk the same language, and they're seen as equals. You're just some kid. Your attorney can look at a DA in the eye and say "come on, let this one slide a little bit" in a way that you'll never be able to. Trust me.

5. It's reckless, not wreckless. Anyone who contests this is just a dumbass who can't spell.

6. If you choose not to get an attorney and just plead guilty-- make sure you plead 'no contest' rather than 'guilty.'

7. ISMSOLUTIONS: Actually, that's not the way it works. The idea of hiring an attorney is to get a plea bargain without ever going to trial. Given how open and closed this case is, it will never go to trial. Defense attorneys and DAs deal with one another like they're at the poker table. If the DA thinks a jury would convict without any hesitation, he'll offer NO DEAL. The defense attorney, who charges his client $2000 per day to go to trial, knows that the jury would convict and says "come on, man... hike up the fine, drop it to an infraction." The DA thinks to himself, "sure, it's an easy conviction--but this is a small fish, why waste state money on legal fees for a bull**** case" and hands out a SMALL deal. My point is... the DA only wants to go to trial if it's a big deal and would look great to get a conviction on the front page of the newspaper. And defense attorneys only want to go to trial if they know they have a real solid case that would deadlock a jury. A bull**** case like this will never go to trial, so your hypothetical scenario is completely moot.

You are right, however, that this kid needs to mature.

As for the kid going to court vs. not going to court-- he only has to go to court for the pretrial settlement conference. He shouldn't waste his time on arraignments, etc. That's what his attorney is getting paid to do.

8. stilleni30: It's not a felony, it's a misdemeanor. And he won't get any jail time for this.

9. Juan-g35: For speeding tickets, it's often a good bet the cop won't show up--and you win. But on this case, if he doesn't hire an attorney and tries to go to trial (which is a horrible idea), the cop WILL show up. The whole point is to not go to trial. With an attorney, trial will cost you $4000 in legal fees. Without one, trial will rape you. If you're going to plead 'no contest,' just do it at your arraignment.

9. Basically, the DA will have a hard time proving that what you did was truly reckless, and your attorney will get it reduced to something less. But you won't get that reduction without an attorney.

Moral of the story: hire an attorney, suck it up, and get it reduced. Otherwise, the consequences down the road (although not necessarily as brash as some here have suggested) will be a major headache. Better to have it off your record than on it. Your attorney can talk to the DA in a way that you can't. Hire one.

In the end, you're pretty lucky because you didn't get arrested and have your car towed-- that would've been a lot more expensive. And your attorney will get it reduced, which I can say with near certainty.

You're stupid, but we all have been at times. So good luck, man.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Oh I forgot, you were perfect right? LOL

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Then you were 10x the idiot when you were 18.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving Ticket