G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Best Oil: Motul!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I'd rather dig around a forum that shares oil analysis sheets and use their combined research to develope my opinion.

Originally Posted by spendgy
Instead of blindly following recommendations of individuals who might not even be knowledgeable enough to pass along recommendations, why not send in a sample of your oil at your next oil change interval to Blackstone Laboratories or the like.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the running discussion, but wouldn't most of these tangents be eliminated if people just changed their oil on a more frequent basis? It would eliminate most of the problems except for max temp viscosity in which case, you would be an autoXer or frequent racer and be using race grade oils and upgraded oil coolers. I see the new Mobil 1 5,000 - 15,000 mile formulations, but it seems to serve the lazy asses who buy the marketing hype instead of sticking with old fashioned common sense. I just change every 3k miles with Mobil 1 and a Nissan OEM filter. My G runs smooth and fine.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
It is no longer a true full synthetic like it use to be. They are cutting back on costs and went to a Group III base oil and not a PAO anymore. It just happened and has been tested on several virgin oil samples.

Amsoil, Redline, and Motul are the only ones that arre fully 100% synthetic.
I've read that too...

Old 12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by shibal_z
Don't mean to hijack the running discussion, but wouldn't most of these tangents be eliminated if people just changed their oil on a more frequent basis? It would eliminate most of the problems except for max temp viscosity in which case, you would be an autoXer or frequent racer and be using race grade oils and upgraded oil coolers. I see the new Mobil 1 5,000 - 15,000 mile formulations, but it seems to serve the lazy asses who buy the marketing hype instead of sticking with old fashioned common sense. I just change every 3k miles with Mobil 1 and a Nissan OEM filter. My G runs smooth and fine.
People can do what they like, but I think there is plenty of evidence that a 3K interval is totally unnecessary with any modern SM rated oil in a engine in good condition (no water/fuel in oil etc.) The premium synthetics are certainly good (TBN/additive content) to the 7.5K warrantee interval even under severe conditions. The limiting factor beyond 7.5K is the OEM oil filter's capacity to hold contaminants and still flow during extended use. Using extended drains with good oils is not lazy at all. It saves resources, time, and money.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:39 PM
royal purple is good i use it in my g

Old 12-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Did anyone open the link i posted to the Motor Oil Bible?

Old 12-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ballisticus
People can do what they like, but I think there is plenty of evidence that a 3K interval is totally unnecessary with any modern SM rated oil in a engine in good condition (no water/fuel in oil etc.) The premium synthetics are certainly good (TBN/additive content) to the 7.5K warrantee interval even under severe conditions. The limiting factor beyond 7.5K is the OEM oil filter's capacity to hold contaminants and still flow during extended use. Using extended drains with good oils is not lazy at all. It saves resources, time, and money.
Agreed, use any oil you prefer, as long as the specs are compliant with the owner's manual recommendations, and your driving meets the requirement for change intervals.
This subject definitely gets over analyzed. If it was a discussion by lubrication engineers and chemists, it might have some weight.