G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

negliant driving ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Guys, hes just a little heated because of the ticket.
Who cares? he brought it on himself. If a police officer ever saved one of his family members, I bet he'd sing a different tune. Ya think?

I'm a little heated his jacka$$ stunt has an impact on my insurance rates. You don't see me blaming a cop for it. I blame him, and others like him. THEY instigated police action - it's THEIR fault.

100+ on I-5 wasn't very smart, but its not too uncommon from my experience commuting up and down from portland, and thats during traffic!
I've spent many hours on the same stretch of road he mentions. I've never seen anyone running 100 MPH. It's hard to run 75 for any length of time without getting bottled at exits or by congestion.

Either way, 100 in 70 earns an a$$ pounding. It's elementary. It ain't the cop's fault he chose to cut loose. The cop did what he's paid to do. I applaud him.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Um yeah, ever been to Seattle? It's almost impossible to drive that fast in the absence of any other cars for any length of time. Unless you are doing this at 1am or something. Seattle = 3rd worst traffice in the nation.
+1.

Unfortunately been there, done that. Everett to Smokey Point area makes you want to chew on a bullet.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Right on. The only ticket I have ever recieved was for driving in the Carpool lane alone (was late for work when I was 18). Did I try and get a lawyer to get out of it? No, I got to work, whipped out my checkbook and sent the check same day. Pay the fine, suck it up, learn to drive the speed limit. And if it weren't for the police, you probably wouldn't have a G right now, it'd be stolen or some crap like that. Without Police society would be even worse right now.
Who let the adult in here?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn...its hot in hurrr. I think the point has been made that he was wrong and definately went about venting in the wrong way. But how much time are we gonna spend beating this guy up - he hasn't even posted again on this thread!

Old 01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Ok, some people like the speed. SO, thats what I mean when i say tickets are part of it all. If you make the choice to speed, then you need to be willing to take the ticket and not put the blame on the cops.

Some people are content driving the speed limit and letting everyone see their car, get there safe, not abuse your car, whatever your thoughts may be. BUT I like the speed. I love the rush. I dont street race, but where there is no traffic around I do speed. I didnt buy the car just cause it looked good. I was after the performance also.

All I am saying is if you chose to speed, pay the ticket, its part of the risk you take. Dont balme the cops.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Is it really necessary for everyone to post saying hes a "moron" "toolbag" "*****" ect. you guys dont even know this guy...There are other ways to get your point across then putting someone else down.

Another thing its funny how everyone here likes to flame about speeding but knows they have all done it and have gone above the speed limit on the freeway...i have never gone 100 but have gotten almost to 90 and it is a rush, scary too

Old 01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by PEtaG35
Is it really necessary for everyone to post saying hes a "moron" "toolbag" "*****" ect. you guys dont even know this guy...There are other ways to get your point across then putting someone else down.

Another thing its funny how everyone here likes to flame about speeding but knows they have all done it and have gone above the speed limit on the freeway...i have never gone 100 but have gotten almost to 90 and it is a rush, scary too

+++++++1. Exactly. Stop slamming everyone that likes the rush of speed.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Do I speed? Yeah... Have I received tickets? Yeah.

Do I post this on a public forum opening myself to public scrutiny? No.

Do I say such things as "eff the police"? No.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by kuneff
+++++++1. Exactly. Stop slamming everyone that likes the rush of speed.
Enjoy the 'rush of speed' all you want. If you get caught, suck it up. Don't whine like a litte beech and curse at the cop who nailed your stupid a$$.

What I find amazing is that people don't mind taking money out of their own pocket to pay for the juvenile antics of others.

if you don't think it has an impact, call your agent and ask them how much influence interaction with law enforcement affects your car's insurance rates.

Would you pay for someone else to smoke? I doubt it. This is no different.

Speed has its place. It isn't on I5. You want to feel the 'rush of speed?' Go where it's appropriate.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

OH NOES! Another adult. Quick, close the thread before more get in.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will be the first to admit I probably go too fast when cruising on the highway. However, I am not completely clueless or wreckless going 100+, no signal, weaving in and out of traffic etc. If you get caught, prepare to deal with it instead of blaming the cop. Take some personal responsibility for once.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Yeah! Take it to I 405! LOL!

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers

Speed has its place. It isn't on I5. You want to feel the 'rush of speed?' Go where it's appropriate.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Enjoy the 'rush of speed' all you want. If you get caught, suck it up. Don't whine like a litte beech and curse at the cop who nailed your stupid a$$.

What I find amazing is that people don't mind taking money out of their own pocket to pay for the juvenile antics of others.

if you don't think it has an impact, call your agent and ask them how much influence interaction with law enforcement affects your car's insurance rates.

Would you pay for someone else to smoke? I doubt it. This is no different.

Well if you're worried about infractions caused with particular vehicles, then by all means none of you should be telling this guy to "be a man" and pay the ticket. Fight them damn tickets!

Where is speed appropriate? The track? I'll assume the track. So I guess that the majority of the folks who bought these cars with 260+ horsepower must be frequenting their local area race track which may or may not exist.

And really speed is speed regardless of the location, so "appropriateness" doesn't really exist. You can eff yourself and others up just as much on a track as you can on a low trafficked highway.

This dude does deserve his ticket though. But, he shouldn't bend over and pay it.

Last edited by JadeRaven; 01-25-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:48 PM

good point though. 5-0 aint to blame for this ticket. "F*** the police" is probably best deserved for a whole other post. Tru story: Ive been pulled out of my car at gunpoint and have car been searched for drugs, and have the cop ask me over and over again "whos car is this, whos car is this". Tru, all cops arent unfair, ive met cool ones. But i been harrassed, maybe its cus im a minority and dont look like the gypical $40k car owner, whatever that is. and if u aint walk a mile in my shoes, i dont wanna hear it.

In this situation, coulda been worse though, at least no cars were around. And im sure dude wasnt drinking or talking on cell phone or nothing....i hope

Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Damn some one call the fire department for crying out loud!

Last edited by Hi-TechG35; 01-25-2007 at 02:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: negliant driving ticket