G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

negliant driving ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
And by getting a lawyer and getting out of the ticket, what exactly is this guy learning? You tell me. He's not learning **** IMO and will be back on the freeway putting everyone else's life in danger.
+1. Besides, my cousin has recieved a negligent driving ticket before and there's pretty much no getting out of it. A ticket that big, the cop will be sure to file it on time etc. Your insurance rates will skyrocket, and hopefully you won't speed anymore. My cousin has been in Jail, had his car towed, had his license suspended, and FINALLY decided speeding isn't worth it lol. Better late then never!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by lostsk8r
Seems like all the people who complain that he's whining and too immature should look in the mirror when they're cussing him out and talking down to him, how mature does that make you look? Makes you look like a forum troll to me, no matter how well you put sentences together (gee).

I do agree that F the police is a strong statement, but I also don't agree that just because he got the ticket then as Canuck suggested he shouldnt get a lawyer and just pay it? Many people fight these things with lawyers and get away with it, so why cant he? It's his right and its the legal system, so just because he got the ticket doesnt mean he has to lay down and get it.

If you're thinking that I'm advocating it, I've gotten numerous tickets (not in my g35 so dont flame me, - 06 mustang gt 5spd) and I didnt use traffic lawyers or anything, paid them. If you cant afford to handle the insurance fluctuation then dont own one? I dont know what to tell you but its part of life.

I live in FL and I see crazy drivers all the time, crazy isnt exactly defined by speed but how they manuever and such. I'm not the one to talk as I recently posted about ~130, but I learned my lesson and slowed down.

Why not be a better example and help the kid out than blast him? Just seems like it doesnt solve a problem.

Flame me all you want, just trying to be respectful, its sad to come to these forums thinking everyone here is helpful with questions on g35s, then I come upon this post where everyone looks like *******s.
I respond only because you called me out by name. I assume that was your intent with the above.

Your impression of me matters about as much as a pimple on a boars a$$.

When I look in the mirror, I see someone who's gone 25 years without a ticket (probably longer than the OP has been alive), who by no means drives like an invalid. That isn't an accident, or luck. It's experience, and knowing what you can get away with and where.

The 'kid' being referenced here can't be 'helped' by anyone. He obviously has his mind set on his way of doing things. The points he needed to learn should have been taught to him by his parents. They obviously failed, or he has no respect for their values - one or the other. Telling him how to get out of a ticket he so obviously deserved will teach him nothing. He needs to learn that his actions hold consequences for others besides himself - another point seemingly lost in this conversation and this generation.

Insurance fluctuations are one thing. Being categorized or stereotyped is another. People here, primarily young people, often complain about the attention their car earns them from police without putting two and two together and realizing that just this sort of thing might influence that. Ya think? I'm not a cop, and I know it leaves an impression on me. Accepting it is what makes it 'a part of life..' Another standard in the $hitter, no harm, no foul. 'Just the way it is?' Bull$hit. More like 'just the way we allow it to be..'

Forum troll? Hardly. Maybe. More like a cat with a mentally defective lizard. Fun to bat around, but in the end they become boring and you move on to other things. To be honest, you have no idea what my involvement on this board has been. To some, I'm an annoying pain in the a$$. To others, I'm a reasonable adult. I'm nothing if not two things - firmly opinionated and consistent.

I have no idea what my sentence structure has to do with this discussion. Whatever balances your tires.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FenixL1P
u think 90 is scary... ever tried 145mph??? now that is a rush...

as for the op, fight it you must but admit that you did break the speed law and the troopers were doing their job...
Yea well just never saw the need to really go past 90, but yea i can just imagine...well like it has been said people speed, but just be ready to pay the consequences just be happy your car didnt get impounded...or even worse...you die

Old 01-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHa......good one
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Make way!!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Old 01-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^ I can vouch for that one. no no no...jk

Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
LMAO...no comment
Originally Posted by LjN_728
^ I can vouch for that one. no no no...jk

Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet he'd slow down if he saw this.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh... cops are G35 owners too. Maybe not the best way to gain attention in a public forum.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by doomsday123
Lol, hope he is wearing his flame suit. I also think it is deserved. Especially after your last sentence. The police enforce laws that you are suppose to follow. You know you were crossing the line doing that and you should stand up and take it like a man and not bitch about it. Yeah it sucks but you made the choice to do it so take it.
YEAH JUST PAY IT.

SORRY I DO SPEED AND ITS WRONG TO, BUT DONT TRY TO FIGHT IT

Old 01-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cchaorule
well... heading back to seattle from I-5 North.. got a negliant driving ticket for 538 dollars... i was going 95+ said the cop... and i was switching lanes without signaling.... i was going around 100.. but there was no car around.. once i saw a car i slowed down.. the cop came outa no where.. any suggestions on lawyers?? thanks guys.. oh yah.. F*** the police..

anyone have similiar stories with good outcomes?
Court date on april 4th, doing 91 in a 55, Ill let you know how mine goes

Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Um yeah, ever been to Seattle? It's almost impossible to drive that fast in the absence of any other cars for any length of time. Unless you are doing this at 1am or something. Seattle = 3rd worst traffice in the nation.
Not that I condone speeding or anything, but none of us were there, so we can't really assume anything about traffic conditions.... So what if Seattle is 3rd worst traffic. Los Angeles is #1, and I lived there for many years. Even in the middle of the day with lots of cars, the average speed on the 110 freeway is over 80mph. The last time I went down to visit family/friends, I was going a little over 80 on the 405, and I was still getting passed left and right.

Now I have no idea what kind of driver this person was, but just because you are going 90, doesn't mean you are evil and going to kill a minivan full of kids. At my last business meeting, one of my colleagues from Italy was complaining the speed limits were too low. (He just got a ticket for doing 110 on the freeway). Tho he's probably used to the autostrata. It has been conditioned in this country that 55mph is the fastest you can safely drive. Not saying that 90+ is safe, just saying we don't need to burst a blood vessel because somebody does it.

Personally, I could care less about speeders, as long as they aren't madly weaving in-an-out of traffic, or passing people on the shoulders . (Yes, I've seen both)

I get more aggrevated at people that have no idea what lane discipline means. If the right lanes are empty, MOVE OVER. If there are 4 lanes on the freeway, USE them. There was another thread where I posted about how I almost got into 4 accidents in a span of an hour, because people didn't understand the concept of turning from the correct lane into the correct lane.

I hate when people match speeds with each other and block all the lanes on the freeway, and/or drive under the limit in the left lanes. Especially when trucks do this, and make everyone go half the speed limit. I like how the freeways were on the east coast, where trucks with more than 6 wheels are forbidden from driving in the left 2 lanes.

I especially hate when people crowd the left lanes, becuase the right lane ends in like 3 miles, and people leave the right lane empty, and then people start driving on the lines to block people from using THE VALID AND LEGAL lane. Much more efficient to merge at the choke point, then to merge *****-nilly at random locations. I hate when people come to a stop on the freeway, becuase they want to move over. If you missed the exit, so be it, and get off at the next exit. Don't stop in the left lane, and try to make your way to the right lane at the last second. And for heavens sake, don't throw it in reverse on the freeway . (Yes, I've seen that too)

I know some would call me names because I'll stay in the lane until the lane get's near the choke point. But I felt really happy the other day, when the state police did a sting, and gave tickets to people that intentionally blocked the right lane on I-5. It is LEGAL to use a valid, marked traffic lane, but it is a felony (thanks to road-rage laws) to intentionally block somebody.

I know people have always used the analogy of cutting in line at the grocery store, but that analogy is wrong. Cutting in line at the grocery store would be more like pulling out onto the shoulder/grass/median to pass everyone, then cut back in....

Blocking somebody from using the right lane, because it ends ahead in a mile or two, would be like if you are at a bank... Two tellers... Two lines... One line has 50 people in it, the other is empty... I walk into the empty line, and as I get near the front, somebody from the crowded line grabs me, punches me in the face, and tells me to wait behind everyone else.... Things would go more smoothly if those 50 people used both lines....

Must be a pacific nw thing, becuase I never had this problem in LA Sure traffic sucks down there, but at least they know how to merge... I don't even want to know how oregonians would handle the Orange-Crush in LA

But anyways in conclusion:

1.) cussing out the police was probably asking for it
2.) everyone needs to chill
3.) Please note my usage of smiley faces, so no need to turn your flame throwers on....

Last edited by avs007; 01-25-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
okay okay.. i went too far by saying "f*** the police" but they have screwed me over a few times for stupid ****.. i got arrested for MIP because my friend had beer in his car and some tickets for goign 65 in a 60. but you guys are hypocrits.. it was 1 in the morning and no cars were around.... there was a truck in front of me.. and the closest car to me was about 1/4 mile behind me.. i switched lanes to passed the truck.. i sped up about up to about 100.. and i was coming up to some cars.. then i slowed down.. and the cop got me then.. i am SURE everyone on this forum speeds and SOMETIMES forget to use your blinkers... i was NOT putting anyones lifes in danger.. i sped up because there was no cars in site... i slowed down once i saw a car.. you guys need to chill

Last edited by cchaorule; 01-25-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by cchaorule
it was 1 in the morning and no cars were around.... there was a truck in front of me.. and the closest car to me was about 1/4 mile behind me.. i switched lanes to passed the truck.. i sped up about up to about 100.. and i was coming up to some cars.. then i slowed down..
I know the situation... Happened to me on I-5 in between SF and LA. It was 1am, and no cars to be seen. I approached a group of cars in the right lane driving at various different speeds approaching a slower moving truck... I was in the left lane doing about 75 in a 70 passing the cars at a decent speed. There was a car that came flying up to me out of nowhere, and started tailing me like there was no tomorrow, no matter how fast I acclerated. I couldn't safely get in the right lane because there were too many cars in the right lane, and I didn't want to have to slow down with this guy practically riding my bumper... So I gunned it past 100mph passed EVERYONE in the right lane, and switched over, then slowed back down to 75 or so....

That's when I saw the car that was tailing me was the California Highway Patrol, driving a nice mustang.... He must've appreciated me getting out of his way, because he just flew past me and disappeared in the horizon. In your case, you happened to get pulled over....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: negliant driving ticket