G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

door-open sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
door-open sensor

hey guys i just got my car back from being fixed (some a-hole kicked the passenger door) and they had to replace the "skin" so the door was taken apart, now the car never senses that the passenger door is open (light doesnt come on in the instrument panel, interior lights dont come on when opened)

is this possibly caused by a blown fuse? it's cold out and i dont wanna go checking..... or am i gonna have to drive all the way to the body shop and make them fix it?

as always, thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
well if the body shop fixed your door to replace the "skin" then that means they had to take it apart right? i suppose it worked fine before and when you had that dent? so im assuming it has to do with the body shop. i say take it back to them and let them see it. you payed for it to be fixed not for another problem to appear.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:55 PM
yeah, i totally agree... the only thing is the body shop is 30 minutes away, so if i can fix it, i would be MUCH happier to do so myself than drive all the way there

Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
On the G35s I've seen (03/04) the door open sensor is on the b-pillar. If you open the door you should be able to see a small black pin switch with a rubber boot covering it.

There arn't any fuses in the line, but maybe the body shop removed the switch or something.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to know if there is a way to disable that stupid dinging that doesn't stop we hear when our driver's doors are open. Can this be done?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Banned
You can loosen the screw from the door switch, and that will stop it (the switch grounds through the screw). However, in the coupe, make sure you lower the window an inch or so before doing it, otherwise you could breake a window if the door is accidently shut with the door pin disabled.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
On the G35s I've seen (03/04) the door open sensor is on the b-pillar. If you open the door you should be able to see a small black pin switch with a rubber boot covering it.

There arn't any fuses in the line, but maybe the body shop removed the switch or something.

yeah the button/switch is there, and i pushed it in a few times and feels just like the driver's side one..... but your next post made me think about the window movement when the door shuts, im gonna go outside right now and see if the window moves when i open/close..... i bet it wont

Old 01-27-2007, 03:00 AM
just as i suspected..... no window movement

how hard is it to take interior door panels off the coupe??? cause im up for a project and am at home for the weekend (body shop's 30 minutes from my college which is 2 hours away) so right now the only way to get it fixed is to do it myself

Old 01-27-2007, 03:39 PM
i just realized how dumb that was..... the sensor isnt in the door.... so taking off the door panels wont do me much good

Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned
Grab a screwdriver and remove the screw from the switch. Pull it out and make sure the wire is still on the back of it. I believe there is only one wire. That signal goes straight to the BCM. If the other door pin is working I would suspect something wrong in the switch.

If you're really up to a project get some wire and extend the wire that goes to the switch so that it is long enough to reach a good ground (like the cigarette lighter). Touch the wire right to ground and see if anything happens. That will at least give you an idea of where the problem is.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Body shop may had to disable door switch if they had the door off for a prolonged period, so it wouldn't discharge your battery. Check door switch to see if they used something like tape to jam it shut. If both doors aren't operating they may have removed the fuse.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Hopefully, they did not lose the wire down the hole... I am going to bet they lost it and decided it was too much trouble to go fishing.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:38 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
...did you check the light switch on the ceiling to see if it would turn on when the door opens?
hehe

Old 01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by StealthShinobi
...did you check the light switch on the ceiling to see if it would turn on when the door opens?
hehe

^lol

Old 01-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned
The funny thing about that (body shop disabling it because the door was off) is that our cars have an automatic dome light shut off. It would have shut off after 15 minutes or so on its own.

Most body shops have a standard practice to disconnect the battery when the car is brought in so things like that arn't necesarry.

I've never explored where the wire goes, or how to get back there. You may be able to pop the running board off and get to it that way, or you may have to take the B-pillar off to get to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: door-open sensor