G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window goes up, then back down 1/4 of the way...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happened to me to, but this was after i got the tint placed on the window, the idiot @ the tint place used to much water and burnt the motor, so when i would close the passenger side door the window would do the ultimate hop and go all the way down to that 1/4 of the way down thing, ohh the good times, lol... got the dealer to replace the motor

Old 06-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
having the same problem with my 04 g35. I read where a lot of you said you got it "fixed" what does that mean exactly lol.. tell me how to fix it. this isn't under warranty and im doubting infiniti will do it for free as I called about trying to diagnose why the key fob isn't working and they wanted $200 just to diagnose. so im gonna assume nothing is being done for free on this 04 without a warranty...anyway. how do I reprogram the window?

I mean it will go up and stay all the way without using the auto feature but damn..i want to use the auto feature
help

Old 06-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Question same issue

im having this SAME issue. and I HAVE tried resetting the window motor. ( took off the panel, saw the rubber button. had the windows up. pushed in button till window was fully down, let go of button, rolled window up without the auto feature. ) in fact while trying to reset and rolling the window up without the button held in the window wouldn't even go all the way up. I tried numerous combinations with the button and rolling it different ways. any other thoughts on what the issue could be. my car isn't under warranty so I doubt the dealership would just replace the motor as some of you have stated they did for you.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Replace the window motor.

Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 5AT, 3M clear bra, 15mm wheel spacers (rear), throttle body spacer, custom fitted floor mats.
I have an '06 G35 Coupe with just 38k miles.

So what is the resolution here, guys? I realize that there are multiple variations of the G35 and there is a lot of banter but no real solution?

Just like a lot of other guys, when I wind the window up (whether in auto or by holding the switch), it goes back down again for about 1/4 of the way.

All the remedies that I've tried don't seem to work. My car is in pristine condition (even smells new) and I'm not eager to remove the door-card if I don't have to. Also, it is a late '06 so I'm not even sure that there even IS a reset button on the motor (reset buttons were apparently omitted in later models and my model is right at the change-over time point?).

Like another member has mentioned here, to me it sounds like a "pinch" reaction due to the window trying to go further than where it thinks the "top" limit is?

I suspect the problem I'm having in resetting is (holding the button to fully-down and then holding the button to fully-up) the maybe the state of the ignition switch (engine running/not running, etc.)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Old 01-22-2021, 03:19 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Reset buttons were omitted on the V36 platform, all your V35 platform window motors will have one.

Recalibrate the window motor, as the components in the regulator wear out it causes it to close differently and you're triggering the window anti-pinch feature.

Get in the vehicle and close the door so the window is fully closed and not dropped down 1/2" to clear the sash. Make sure the window is fully rolled UP.

Press the motor encoder calibration button.

Roll the window down fully opened using the "manual" down feature (not pressing until it click to auto).

Let go of the window down button, release the motor encoder button, now roll the window up fully close using the manual function.

Open the door, window is now calibrated.

The following users liked this post:
howdyyall123 (05-24-2022)
Old 03-18-2021, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670
Reset buttons were omitted on the V36 platform, all your V35 platform window motors will have one.

Recalibrate the window motor, as the components in the regulator wear out it causes it to close differently and you're triggering the window anti-pinch feature.

Get in the vehicle and close the door so the window is fully closed and not dropped down 1/2" to clear the sash. Make sure the window is fully rolled UP.

Press the motor encoder calibration button.

Roll the window down fully opened using the "manual" down feature (not pressing until it click to auto).

Let go of the window down button, release the motor encoder button, now roll the window up fully close using the manual function.

Open the door, window is now calibrated.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do I need to remove the door panel to access the motor encoder calibration button?

Old 03-19-2021, 01:14 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah the OUTER door panel (pretty pleather covered piece with the arm rest and the window buttons).

Lift the window button controller up out of the panel so you can unplug it, strongly recommend disconnecting the negative wire on the battery because the BCM doesn't like it when you plug the controller back in hot and will often fail to recognize it until you've cycled power a few times.

Then there's just a couple screws holding the panel in, it snaps out at the bottom then lifts up off the window rail.

Should be able to find a youtube video on the process, don't be bashful prying out the bottom of the panel it's snapped in there pretty well.

You leave the inner metal panel in place, there are a few "round plastic stickers" on that panel and behind one of them is the recalibration button on the window motor.

The following users liked this post:
howdyyall123 (05-24-2022)
Old 03-20-2021, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by cleric670
Yeah the OUTER door panel (pretty pleather covered piece with the arm rest and the window buttons).

Lift the window button controller up out of the panel so you can unplug it, strongly recommend disconnecting the negative wire on the battery because the BCM doesn't like it when you plug the controller back in hot and will often fail to recognize it until you've cycled power a few times.

Then there's just a couple screws holding the panel in, it snaps out at the bottom then lifts up off the window rail.

Should be able to find a youtube video on the process, don't be bashful prying out the bottom of the panel it's snapped in there pretty well.

You leave the inner metal panel in place, there are a few "round plastic stickers" on that panel and behind one of them is the recalibration button on the window motor.
Thank you. I only have my sons car for a week as he is on spring break from college.

One more question, irelevant to this thread, but I also have a code that the Yaw sensor is bad. I’ve purchased a used one, but I cant find a good video or procedure to remove the center consoled to access the sensor. I’ve pulled up the top section of the console and can see it, but I cannot figure out how to remove the rest of it to have clear access.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:44 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
5AT or 6MT transmission?