G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

am i driving my 6mt wrong, cant drive quick with vcd on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation am i driving my 6mt wrong, cant drive quick with vcd on

hey guys

ok i noticed that if i want to floor my 06 6mt and drive through gears quick i need to turn off vcd.

if i switch quick above 5000 rpm my traction kicks in and jerks me, so whenver i wanna drive fast i need to turn my traction off.

am i doing something wrong, when im closte to redline in second gear i release the gas floor the clutch... switch to third..fully disengage the clutch and floor the gas. i dont ride the clutch at all when im switching hard but i always feel a jerk and slip.

is it possible to swtich fast at high rpms with traction on?

Old 03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
VIP
that happens to me .... but now i keep my vcd off hehe ..

Old 03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't say that you're driving it wrong. If you're quick shifting at high rpms you're going to slip the back wheels a bit. If VDC is on, it's definitely going to jerk you around as a result.

If you're driving the car hard, turn it off.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Try rev-matching...

Old 03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
im new to stick my old g35 coupe was at.

can someone give me a brief tutorial on rev matching
i rev match when i shift down

Old 03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I think what they mean is to keep your rpms the same in between your shifts.

its like a "mini power shift" meaning you don't really lift off the gas when you change gears...just shift quicker.....

Dont let them drop too much....it will make the shift response smoother...

Old 03-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by theb
I wouldn't say that you're driving it wrong. If you're quick shifting at high rpms you're going to slip the back wheels a bit. If VDC is on, it's definitely going to jerk you around as a result.

If you're driving the car hard, turn it off.
That would be called letting the clutch out to fast. If he was a "good" driver the wheels wouldnt churp.

-sean

Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by ebuy929
hey guys

ok i noticed that if i want to floor my 06 6mt and drive through gears quick i need to turn off vcd.

if i switch quick above 5000 rpm my traction kicks in and jerks me, so whenver i wanna drive fast i need to turn my traction off.

am i doing something wrong, when im closte to redline in second gear i release the gas floor the clutch... switch to third..fully disengage the clutch and floor the gas. i dont ride the clutch at all when im switching hard but i always feel a jerk and slip.

is it possible to swtich fast at high rpms with traction on?
gotta turn it off to play

Computer senses quick shifts at upper RPM's as a no-no
this is why you feel what you feel. It doesnt matter if your
chirping the meats or not..computer plays it safe for you!

Old 03-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
That would be called letting the clutch out to fast. If he was a "good" driver the wheels wouldnt churp.

-sean

Good meaning what? As in good at driving civily or good at rowing gears.... I chirp 4th driving hard with no issues, my third gear likes to get a lil horizontal on me.... if this means im not a "good" driver, then I tend to disagree. In tracking the G, I try to never break traction in a straight line, or in other words, don't redline the lower gears. However, if your talking about all out straight line acceleration, you will always loose traction slightly for the best #'s in a RWD car. Dont believe me? Granny shift a G down a 1/4.... then Power shift it.... tell me where you get more wheel spin, and which run will produce better results.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by EX-250
Good meaning what? As in good at driving civily or good at rowing gears.... I chirp 4th driving hard with no issues, my third gear likes to get a lil horizontal on me.... if this means im not a "good" driver, then I tend to disagree. In tracking the G, I try to never break traction in a straight line, or in other words, don't redline the lower gears. However, if your talking about all out straight line acceleration, you will always loose traction slightly for the best #'s in a RWD car. Dont believe me? Granny shift a G down a 1/4.... then Power shift it.... tell me where you get more wheel spin, and which run will produce better results.
I wasnt calling him a bad driver or a good driver or defining "good driver" in any way. I was just using a term that everyone brings up with these repost threads come up again and again...notice i used quotation marks. He said when he floored his car he losses traction at RPMS and im assuming that he is talking about on the street, since he didnt say track or anything else and i also know that a rear wheel drive car looses traction from a start. You shouldnt loose traction at HIGH RPMS he never said anything about "power shifting" his car or "granny shifting" his car. he simply said "shifting". So if he is shifting at high RPMS while giving the car some gas he should not loose traction.

-sean

Old 03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, I have never actually used the VDC in this car so I don't know how intrusive it would be, but I'd assume it wouldnt kick in for just high rpm shifts. If it does, I'm glad I've never allowed it to stay on. Didn't mean to be aggressive or attackin ya, just didn't understand what you meant by a "good" driver doesnt lose traction. I still want a yaw sensor defeat for the G, then I'll be happy

Old 03-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
same happens to me but i really think i drive it wrong

Old 03-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
If you cause the wheels to loose traction the VDC will kick in..chirping the gears does this..so the VDC will kick in. You're not driving the car wrong.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Yawn.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Yawn.
^^^ you need a nap?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: am i driving my 6mt wrong, cant drive quick with vcd on