G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

cost to replace door

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cost to replace door

does any one know about how much it costs to replace a door on a g35 coupe?

Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Sounds like there might be an interesting story to this.. do tell.

Replacing the door is a lot of money. It depends on how much of it you need though. I'm assuming just the Outer Panel?

If so... it's $220 for the outer panel and $434 for the shell if you buy it online not including shipping. It will have to be painted too. If you're replacing the outer panel, you will probably end up also replacing the plastic/rubber trim along the outer bottom edge of the door, which costs another $55 to $70, depending on what side it is for and what color you need(that piece comes prepainted).

Here's a link to a place that generally has the best prices on OEM parts for our cars(you can find other parts too by using the expandable tree on the left side of the page):

Outer Panel:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...05&catalogid=2

Shell:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...05&catalogid=2

Last edited by partyman66; 07-06-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:35 PM
How much do you think it would cost assuming everything needs to be replaced?

Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Why don't you call someone in your area that can do the job instead of polling national prices that have no reflection on reality in your area?

If I said $1,000, would it be any more accurate than $500?

Nope..

ESPECIALLY with no details on your end.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by srmfball
How much do you think it would cost assuming everything needs to be replaced?
Not really sure. I would say your best bet is to call a dealer and ask them how much they would charge for that type of job and then you could get an accurate idea by assuming 60-75% of what they tell you as the price you'd be paying is what you'd be paying to order the parts online yourself and have them painted and installed by a body shop.

Is your whole door really completely demolished? I would think that there's some part of it that's still salvageable... only because it's pretty hard to damage an entire door completely without also taking out some of the other peripheral bodywork/panels around it.

My side-view mirror for example... Some jackass broke it off maliciously. I called the dealer and they quoted me like $550 bucks to get a new one, paint it and install it. I ordered the part online, salvaged my old shell from my original mirror and installed it on my new mirror base, and put the whole thing in myself for a grand total of $155 in parts. If I had needed to get it painted(and installed the new mirror myself), it would have probably been like $200 to $275 total..... and if I had brought it to a shop to have it both painted and installed, I'd have been looking at another hour or so of labor, and probably would have payed about $300 to $400 for that mirror part to be ordered online and installed by the shop.

Your best bet is to really break the situation down first. Determine how bad the damage is, and how much needs to be replaced, and how willing/capable you are to do the work yourself(aside from painting). Without that information, the range of possible prices is probably anywhere from $400 to $1700.

Ok.. I spent a lot of time helping you out... now I want to know what happened to cause the damage in the first place. A pic would be nice to help give people an idea of how bad the damage really is.

Last edited by partyman66; 07-06-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:13 PM
contact filanji - he reversed his coupe into his garage and damaged his door pretty bad...

basically, while he was reverseing, his driver side door was open. as he reversed he deicided that closing the door would make more sense.. as he reached to close the door, he let go of the clutch and wham!

don't remember how much it costed him to replace because he deleted the thread.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
contact filanji - he reversed his coupe into his garage and damaged his door pretty bad...

basically, while he was reverseing, his driver side door was open. as he reversed he deicided that closing the door would make more sense.. as he reached to close the door, he let go of the clutch and wham!

don't remember how much it costed him to replace because he deleted the thread.

Thats is funny. =D

Sooiseng

Old 07-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I have to go to a wedding right now I will explain and post pics when i get home tonight.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
oh boy this should be an interesting story. you might be better of find a door in a junkyard cause to reskin a door you are gonna pay on labor it is not easy to get it perfect. You will have to paint no matter what so I think the junkyard approach would be the best bet

Old 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry, I don't have any pics because I cannot find my camera but here is the story. I was over at my buddies house and I backed into his driveway where he has a two car garage. I parked on the side that was empty but I did not pull into the garage. My friend was shooting hoops and I was sitting inside my car messing with my new head unit (IVA-W205). He shot the ball and it hit the side of my car. I got out of the car to see if he dented my car with the basketball and left my door open. My other friend had his car in the garage and decided to pull it out at that exact moment without looking behind him. He backed into my open door which was facing the opposite way so it bent my door towards the front of my car. It was similar to what happens when you hyper-extend a joint. It was the worst sound I have ever heard and now my door is shot.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Any damage to your front fender? I bet the upper and lower hinges as well as the door-check back are toast, but fortunately they aren't expensive parts to replace.

You should probably consider going through insurance to fix this, assuming you don't have an absurdly high deductible.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
^ +1

Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
He's paying for it so its not a huge deal. The fender is a little scratched but not too bad.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since we're on the topic of doors and related subjects, does anyone know what it would cost for the door handle and/or where to get one? Someone opened their door in a parking lot or something and took a chunk out of the one on my gf's coupe.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
If it is going to be more than 1200, PM carbonltd and buy a set of seibon carbon fiber doors for $1200....

-Sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cost to replace door