G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

lookin to buy a G please help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lookin to buy a G please help...

im in southern california and im lookin to get a G35. i know a few honda and acura people and i was so convinced that i was gonna get a honda or an acura... but then i drove the g35 this morning and i just... UGH!!! i want one now... but i dont where to go to start shopping...

from what i hear demand is really high so there really isnt much room to negotiate...

any suggestions?

Old 01-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Re: lookin to buy a G please help...

Hey buddy i own a G35 too, but you might want to test drive a WRX STI !!! I test drove one last weekend and it is an amazing car. i think it may blow the doors of an M3 IMO. If you are a true car enthusiast like myself, forget about the luxury and focus on the HP. The car leaps with speed in a frightening way. 4 real!!

Old 01-29-2004, 01:44 AM

well the sti is pretty crazy in terms of perfomance but it just feels like a toy...

im getting a little older and im starting my new job soon and i just... i dunno i want something that says im a little more grown up now...

anyone from the socal area have any suggestions on where i should go to check out the car?

Old 01-29-2004, 03:13 AM

the first thing you can do is search thru www.infiniti.com to see if there is any dealer that have the car with the option you wanted. That is what i did when i was looking into buying my coupe.

I think now and day, some are getting below msrp(AT model). Someone correct me if i am wrong. The one that is highly demand is the 6mt. Also, try to buy the car at the month end. Like right now.

good luck.

g35mt

Old 01-30-2004, 10:28 AM

You're in the Land of G35's - try Riverside Infiniti if you're close - they seem to be decent. Ask for Arnold Tijerina - he seems reasonable.

As to pricing - you have some room for negotiation even on coupes if you are willing to buy an AT model that is on the showroom floor. But for 6MT coupes or special orders you will be paying close, if not right at, list price.

The suggestion to shop at the end of the month is a good one.

If you are shopping for the sedan, you should be able to get a very good deal on the AT model. The 6MT model is going to be closer to list in price, although you might be able to swing a deal. The AWD version (G35x) is new, I don't know what they're going for - and also, since you're in SoCal you might not even care about all-wheel drive!

If the dealer you go to acts like he/she is doing you a favor selling you a G35 - take your business elsewhere. This attitude reeks of lining you up for a severe reaming on price.

Don't let them slap on tint/chrome wheels/paint sealant etc., - those are all of questionable worth and are grossly overpriced by dealers. Above all, don't come in drooling and don't fall in love with the car (even though it is very hard, especially with the gorgeous coupe.)

Good luck - if you're smart and patient and a bit lucky, you'll be surprised at the deals you can find.

- Riff

G35C BS/GR/PREM/PERF/NAV/AERO/XM
Chicago Region SCCA
Tri-State Sports Car Council
Soon to come ... Tein Shocks w/EDFC, Improved Sways and SSR Comps!

Old 01-30-2004, 11:58 AM

All the advise so far has been good. I would like to add a couple of things.

1. Check out www.freshalloy.com - Nissan website
2. Shop around at dealers. I bought mine at Tustin Infiniti because I was treated with respect. Riverside (Arnold) is a good choice. A lot of good reviews have been made of Arnold and his team. This might seem subjective, but when you are shopping for the car, you should really be interviewing the dealership. You want to make sure that you get a good sales experience and especially, the after sales experience. Get a tour of the dealership to see how their operations work and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.

Well good luck, we have a great support group here on this forum.

Mike

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite/Prem./Nav/Aero
1994 MR2 Turbo 5MT Black/Prem.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:26 AM

Well, most dealerships should have them in stock. At least in San Diego county they do. They're very friendly with excellent customer service at the Escondido dealership. But if you're looking for a used one I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to keep mine. It's leased so I would be asking for someone to take over the lease. Which means probably getting approved through Infiniti for the balance of the car. I'm not really sure how that works. I'm still thinking about it so it's not definite but if you're interested reply to this message or shoot me an email.
It's an '03 Black/Black fully loaded and well maintained. I get it detailed twice a month and go over it almost every night myself. At least when I have time. When I say fully loaded I mean everything possible just about minus satellite radio. It has sports package w/18" wheels, spoiler, sunroof. Splash guards, NAV system, tinted windows, clear bra while noticeable on black up close reduces rock chips tremendously. I also have Borla true dual exhaust installed but that's it. Just hit 7500 miles and time to take it in for service. This is the 3rd time for service because I flushed the oil after break in to remove any particles and shavings. But like I said not definite but have been leaning towards it since I saw the C6 Vette.

akmcmahon@adelphia.net

Old 01-31-2004, 02:46 AM

SoCal is definitely the land of the G35's, especially non-enthusiast G35's which can mean either of two things for you.

1) You want a 6MT, like I did, and will presumedly get nothing off, or close to nothing. Also, you may have a hard time finding one with the options you want. This would lead to either a) a special order (no money off) or b) you have to settle with similar options but not exactly what you want or c) you got your car right on the money, just by luck. This was my case.

2) If you want an AT, there are plenty more to go around. You can probably get MSRP off.

I went to Monte Clair, Tustin, Cerritos, and Miller Infiniti. I guess I lean toward Miller Infiniti because they had my exact model, and held it two business days until I could buy it. Tustin was the worst because there was a pushy salesman. I hate pushy salesmen, especially when I knew everything he was trying to use to sell the car to me, plus obvious lies about the car. I told him I was also looking into M3's and he told me that this car would perform at if not better than an M3... I was like, "b*tch... plz. The M3 is 333hp @ 3.2L I6 engine..." Either way, use the www.infiniti.com website build and locate. It is your friend.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 01-31-2004, 03:28 AM

thanx so much for the help guys... ive been calling around and all the places that i go to tell me that they cant do anything for me. id really love to get the g35... but to be quite honest i think if i can get the base model for invoice that is the ONLY way my family will be willing to get this car for me. i really dont think they wanna spend that much...

they were talking about 25k... and i said how bout a fully stocked accord coupe and they seemed a little more willing to deal with that. i also brought up the audi a4 1.8t but i think those are pretty close to the G35 price too... so i dunno. if i get one ill definitely let you guys know... but honestly... i wish i could join this forum as a fellow G35 ownder... but i dont think its gonna happen..

Old 02-01-2004, 04:05 PM

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...&Number=178546

Here's an available used coupe!

Dr. Jim
2003 DesertPlatinum/Graphite G35C 6MT
Aero/Prem/Nav/HyperGround/XMSat/BSM/Tint/ClearBra/CG/NismoChromeShifter/RacePedals/Z-tube/JWTPopCharger