G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti/NISMO needs to get a clue.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 05:09 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Infiniti/NISMO needs to get a clue.....

I was reading some car mag today (forgot which one) and there was a small article about the NISMO G35. Basically what is said was that Nissan has all the parts for the g35 through NISMO but that because there was no nissan in the US that they werent sure that we G35 owners in the US would want to enhance the performance of the G35 with nismo parts and for now they are not making them avaliable to us.

I just dont understand I mean what clownshoe at infiniti is running the marketing dept anyway. I would think that it would be blanently obvious due to the aftermarket support for this car already that a good portion of us didn't buy the car to keep it stock from the factory. I would say that we should petition for nismo parts but if they dont have a clue already then I guess what would be the point.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 03/04/04 04:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Infiniti/NISMO needs to get a clue.....

Hey GforceI,

Check this out Infinitismo. Jason would be one who might actually know what he's talking about (or not talking about [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]).

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR/Willow/Premium/Aero/Splash/BSM
30% Lumar Tint, Invinca Shield (C-Bra),
Z-Tube & JWT Pop Charger

Old 03-04-2004, 06:03 PM

Jason does know his stuff, so if he wrote that bit in freshalloy, I'd believe it. There is some small thought process working here and we all need to consider it---not necessarily accept it!

Infiniti is the "luxury" marque for Nissan, not the "performance" division. If you accept that statement, altho Infiniti has some "sporty" models such as our very own G35s, still, it isn't high-end performance nor an all-out performance division.

What I'm leading up to is that if the cars are supposed to be more "luxury" than "performance", then it's possible the viewpoint is held by executives that performance could (repeat: could) restrict, not add to luxury sales. After all, the closer example that Nissan/Infiniti probably looks at is Lexus (and not necessarily BMW or Mercedes). Lexus really has no performance vehicles, per se. And their success is already written.

Altho I strongly support the idea that more performance parts for the Infiniti can only help the whole brand and image, the execs at Infiniti and Nissan have brought us the G35. They haven't taken their eye off the ball and I would conclude that this is a conscious decision on their part to NOT offer NISMO to us. I think those reasons are wrong, and maybe e mails to the consumer line will help. And then again, maybe not.

BONDg35c

Old 03-04-2004, 08:29 PM

They need to stop thinking of the G35 has a luxury car and start thinking of it as the Skyline 350GT. This would be much better.. Afterall, the normal people can go out and get a "G35" and leave it stock.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:43 AM

However, even Lexus decided that they need a performance orientated vehicle to have competition with other companies such as BMW's M3 and MB's C32AMG...hence the reason why Lexus might/will bring out the IS430. But then again, I guess the GTR coming out in a few years will be Infiniti's response...just more expensive and much better.

'03 G35c DG/G 6mt, full options

Old 03-05-2004, 05:01 PM

someone needs to get fired.. cause not bring NISMO for our cars is stupid..

2003.5 II G35 II Coupe II 6MT II BS II Prem. II

Old 03-05-2004, 05:28 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know jason knows his stuff but in his post over at FA he is very vauge. Doesn't really say much at all actually. So he probably does know but he's not sharing.

Old 03-05-2004, 06:10 PM

Even if there is strong demand for Nismo parts, how much does Nissan make in Nismo-related sales vs. actual auto sales on a car like the G? They're a car company first, mod company second. Nismo's objective should be to boost Nissan car sales, and I doubt that most prospective G35 buyers would be deterred by the lack of Nismo support in the US. The possibility of hurting the overall Infiniti brand image (think about all of the other Infiniti models and the TV commercials, vs. Nissan's Shift_ Ads) probably isn't worth the venture.

Unless Nismo can reposition itself as an AMG-type of classy performance package (rather than a tuner's upgrade), I don't see how bringing Nismo to our G's would be a good thing for Nissan/Infiniti.

My .02

Old 03-05-2004, 06:14 PM

But that said, I wouldn't mind some Nismo on my G :P

... just trying to get inside the corporate mind of those wonderful people who created our cars.

Old 03-05-2004, 07:08 PM

well, for sure this is my last infiniti that i will ever buy.

I wish that this car was bought over as Nissan instead. I don;t understand what those idiots are thinking of. Hello Infiniti exec, all your cars are nissan made, not Infiniti.

Anyway, my 2 cents...

Old 03-06-2004, 07:30 AM

You're missing the point. Lexus, Acura and Infinity were a test... They were created out of fear. When the Japanese auto industry decided to make expensive cars with a lot of plush options (to compete with the German autos being shipped into the US) they were afraid terribly that their mission might FAIL. They decided that if they brought cars into the US under their Marquee name, that they might actually ruin their pristine HONDA, NISSAN, TOYOTA image. They created new companies (for liability reasons) and then brought over HONDA's, NISSAN's, and TOYOTA's and simply rebadged them at first. Well guess what, it worked. Now LEXUS, ACURA, and INFINITI are actually doing pretty well (Infiniti is playing quite a bit of catch-up).

Because of this catchup, Infiniti is SCARED!!! They don't want to upset the charts that have the line on the right side of the sales vs. time chart to fall from where it is (and it appears to be rising steadily).

The thing to point out is that Infiniti needs to realize that BMW not only has the M-division, they also have the ZHP. Acura has the A-Spec, Lexus is introducing a new product line for performance, Mercedes has AMG and Infiniti has SQUAT! This is why we're all so frustrated.

Infiniti, don't be afraid to be one of the Big Boys. Be a BIG BOY!!!

2004 Infiniti G35C-6MT
LR | Willow | Premium | Aero | Splash | BSM
30% Lumar Tint | Invinca Shield (C-Bra)
Z-Tube | JWT Pop Charger
RT Cats & JIC Y-Pipe(on order)

Old 03-06-2004, 11:57 AM

If NISMO offered parts for Infiniti's here, where would the market be? Go find me a mom who wants a new exhaust on her QX4 of FX35, I doubt you'll find one. Pull over a random person driving around in a G35 and ask him what his first planned Nismo upgrade will be. Or hey, go after one of those new m45 "muscle cars' I'm sure they must have a huge upgrade market behind them....

The fact is, they don't. The people who post on this board are a minority of the Infiniti owners, even in sense of we are a minority compared to the people out there that have the same car that couldn't care any less about the cars performance than the last acura, mercedes, or bmw they owned.

When was the last time you saw a "higher grade" mercedes benz go rocketing down the street? You don't. Why? Because thats not the intended market. Incase you dont watch TV, this car is NOT a Skyline. It can have whatever badges or be called whatever it wants in Japan, were not in Japan. And because its not a Skyline, its only just a lux. coupe, why should Nismo be selling performance parts to it?

The fact is, once again, America has gotten shafted on a Skyline. Don't get me wrong, this car is fun and all, but its no Skyline. The fact that Nismo doesnt care about us, typical.

As far as the M performance division and the AMG performance divisions, think of it this way. The M division didn't exactly start off the day the 3 series came out. Give it time, let Infiniti get back on their feet before they go blowing all their money on a project venture that could cost them alot more than they stand to gain. As far as AMG, well I'm sure you all remember when AMG was nothing more than an independant tuner for aftermarket MB parts. They now own a percentage in MB and became their "performance" division. Perhaps will see another turn of events along this line with Nismo and Infiniti. Just give it some time and patience......I mean, you got a G35 to hold you over, Right?

2003.5 G Coupe premium. 6MT Black/black No navigation. No spoiler, yet.

Old 03-07-2004, 03:38 AM

i meant that g35 or skyline should have come to the US as a nissan, not an infiniti. I don't understand how this car can be a luxury sport coupe when it makes a lot of rattle. The tire is very soft compound which cause the tire to wear out quick. It have Brembo brake. This tell me that this car is all about performance. I can understand why most people buy fx35 and not upgrading. People buy g35 for the sport look and feel, not some luxury like the lexus lineup.

i honestly believe that this car is no way luxury as most people believe. An Infiniti emblem on our car makes it luxury? Heck, my friend just bought a maxima and he have way more luxury stuff on his car than our.

Secondly, i don't think that Infiniti should play the catch up game like mercedes, bmw, audi and lexus. The amg and m series are great but well established. Nokia came out of nowhere and beat Motorola, Ericsson, etc. I used a Nokia phone and they are a joke. The features they have are so outdated and always follow SonnyEricsson and other. Nokia is number one because they make phone that is customizable. Here in the US, most of us like to be unique in our owe way. My point? Well if you going to introduce a sport car to your line up, then make some nice accessories for the car. Off course accessories mean performance stuff. If not, don’t badge a pure performance car with luxury name. btw, when i said performance car, i hope that no one here compare it with like of ferrari and so forth. i am comparing with car in similar price bracket.

My 2 cents..

g35mt

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by g35mt on 03/07/04 01:41 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 03-07-2004, 05:16 AM

EX250 is right on. The answer isn't as clear-cut as it may seem. There's a lot of marketing behind this and Infiniti is afraid of ruining a good thing in possibly diluting the Infiniti image by having what may be percieved as "ricy" mods for their cars, to satisfy a relatively SMALL core group of enthusiasts (us). As much as I'd like to think otherwise, we represent a small percentage of G35 owners and a minute percentage of Infiniti owners.

I don't see NISMO coming to the US for Infiniti. But if they do, I severely doubt it will definitely not be under the NISMO name.

Old 03-08-2004, 12:09 AM

I agree with you man. Currently you can not find a car from Lexus or Acura or even BMW in the same price range that will beat the G35C in performance, doesn't matter if it's an A-spec or IS performance. What else are we asking for? For other company, you need to get their "performance model", AMG, or whatever, to get the "big brake". For G35C, the brembo comes with stock 6mt. And for the previous TL-S A-spec, you get all the "performance" package but still lack in performance in comparison with G35. G35 itself is the performance line of Infiniti/Nissan, and that's why you get brembo, pilot sport...etc. I personally wouldn't compare Acura's A-Spec with Nismo. I am not familiar with Acura but i think A-Spec is just an OEM upgrade of Acura. (not by Mugen), sort of like upgrading your 5AT to the performance package to get the 18s wheels and stuff. Nismo should be compare to the Mugen, and if Acura didn't import Mugen for their car, nothing we can compared with.

As for the BMW M Department, it's basically different version of BMW. Just like the GT-R is totally different than 350GT (G35 in here), and that has nothing to do with Nismo or not. If we're complaining they have M departement, then why is the Skyline GT-R is coming to US on 2007? (maybe named G45? if this is the case, then G is the performance line of the Infiniti itself, just like the M, nothing to do with Nismo or not)

For those who really wants to get Nismo, many place do sell them. But my recommendation is to save the money and get yourself a GT-R when the time comes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.