G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

wrecked the coupe tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrecked the coupe tonight

well i wrecked the coupe tonight on black ice. i'm ok which is important. (i wasn't cutting up either) the VDC was on and the slip light came on flashing, i came off of the gas and next thing i knew the back end slidding to the left. i tried to ride it out for a minute then tried to compensate for the slide, but nothing was working on the ice. i sled into some snow then into a guard rail. from what i can see i'll need a: front and rear bumper, front fender, rear quarter panel, and front and rear rims. all damage is on drivers side. i was lucky there was no damage to drivers door or mirror or hood and that the air bags didn't open. now the real question is how long will it take for the parts to get to the dealership? the car will be going to the insurance adjuster on weds. then straight to the dealership. i plan on taking it to passport infiniti where i bought it. there's no major rush because i still have the maxima to drive. oh well, that's what insurance is for. i can't allow myself to get all upset because it's just a car and it will be fixed and looking good in a matter of weeks, as if i was brand new again. it's only a car, it can by fixed. as for insurance going up, it was going to go up anyway because of all of the claims that others were making so i can't feel that bad. oh well, you guys be safe out there and don't under estimate wet roads as just being wet, because it may be a sheet of ice. that's what it was for me tonight.

by the way does anybody know the price on stock 18"s wheels?

Old 02-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Re: wrecked the coupe tonight

Sorry to hear that man =/

I keep hearing about people who live in snowy areas with G35 coupes!!! All I know is... if I lived in a place where it really snowed in the winter and nasty weather was to be expected year round, I'd probably get a car with AWD over a RWD sport coupe =/

~Berj

Old 02-24-2003, 12:20 AM

i hadn't been driving the car all week because of the weather. i was taken it 5 mins to a buddies house. it's not like we get snow alot in southern ,maryland.

Old 02-24-2003, 12:22 AM

Man it's painful just to hear about a G getting wrecked! Sorry to hear it man, hope the damage isn't too costly.

Old 02-24-2003, 12:31 AM

it's not too bad. the pieces seem to be easily replacable.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:34 AM

Geesus.. ... thankfully your OK... YEP .. a car can be FIXED ..
Its a hassle bud and I feel for ya man... I have been in this position myself...
IT SUCKS A$$

Did the airbags blow??? cause thats where the real bread is !!
I hope not.

AS far as the rims go.......
You'll probably do better for some stock 18s on this site from dude's sell'in em for some reason or another...

I hope the mental scars heal quickly..CHIN UP buddy.

Old 02-24-2003, 09:22 AM

check ebay i've seen some stock 6MT coupe rims on there. They even have a brand new motor so check it out hopefully you'll find something.

Old 02-24-2003, 09:48 AM

Be prepared for a LONG wait. Getting parts for the coupe takes forever. it took two months to get mine back and all I needed was a bumper, side skirts, and and the plastic covers underneath the car. The rims are 700-800 each.

Old 02-24-2003, 10:33 AM

no the airbags didn't open up. i don't need all of the rims, i just have scratches on the rims on the drivers side.

Old 02-24-2003, 10:35 AM

when did you wreck your car? i'm in no major rush, i have another car to drive. plus the roads are still bad in certain areas.

Old 02-24-2003, 10:38 AM

The important thing is you weren't hurt! I live in the Carolinas and have "tried" to drive my 6MT in slippery conditions twice. Never again...it's not worth it esp since the tires are horrible in even slushy, freezing rain. The *** end came out on me doing 30mph on an on-ramp and that was enough to keep this car for nice weather conditions only. I have no idea how you north of the border guys drive this car in wintertime unless you put a set of snow tires on it?

Old 02-24-2003, 11:20 AM

January. I slid in some gravels where they had been salting the roads. I had the VDC off, it was cold, and late at night. Stupid me.

I dinged up one rim pretty bad. I bought some new rims and I am going to send my OEMs to Transwheel to have them refinished. Then, the plan is to get some snows mounted on them for next winter.

Old 02-24-2003, 01:51 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

January. I slid in some gravels where they had been salting the roads. I had the VDC off, it was cold, and late at night. Stupid me.

<hr></blockquote>
I'd certainly keep the VDC on in the winter and in the rain. I'd keep it on most of the time except for when I felt like doing some performance driving.

Sal

Old 02-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Good that you weren't hurt.
VDC can't helps, but can't change the laws of physics. Were you on the stock tires or winters?

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wrecked the coupe tonight