G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it worth it?

Currently I have an 04 AT coupe and Ive fallen sick regretting not getting a 6mt.
I calculated that if I find a clean 04 6mt coupe around $21K, my monthly payment would just be about 80 dollars a month more. I have no problem paying the monthly payments right now. What do you guys think?

Old 03-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
do it if that is what will please you.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude depends on ur driving habits
personally i searched high and low and found my perfect 6mt red g35
i wasnt gonna buy a sports coupe in auto cuz im young im gonna go race
its no fun to just slam the pedal and let the car do its thing
6mt u own the car it does what you want it to do
if you think its worth your left leg being sore then go right a head thats wat i did
and 80 dollars is nothing i personnaly say if u really want it you go for it whats theharm
just remember some days in traffic when ur leg hurts ull say wish i had the auto
but when the traffic clears up and ur shifting gears all the regrets are gone

Old 03-18-2008, 02:11 AM
yea thats what im feeling right now, i want more control of the car and i wanna feel more involved with the car. Im not worried about the traffic cause im barely on the freeways, I dont commute anywhere.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:11 AM
all i can say is that i love my 6mt and have no problem shifting through traffic. in MY opinion it all depends how clean of a car you get

Old 03-18-2008, 04:31 AM
do it man. you will love the 6mt way better than the auto. auto's are too boring for me. it's more fun with the 6mt. i know i love my 6mt.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6mt makes you part of the G

5at you might as well be riding b!tch

Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Can't say enough good things about a manual... always have owned nothing but, and probably will for as long as it's practical/possible to do so.

As far as the $21K figure, that's pretty close to market as you mentioned - however, if you live on the east coast, blue book is something like $1.5-2K lower than on the west (at least comparing my zip code here in the DC area of MD with one in LA). Just FYI!

6MT FTMFGDW!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
If your driving in the city get an auto, when i was driving the F150 with manual it sucked bc i go to work everyday to DC and its a 30 minute drive from my house and when there was traffic i would have some serious road rage. BTW the automatic is not that bad, i dont know why people get on it so hard, i went with the automatic bc of my schedule. Do what suits you, for me the auto did it. Neight you must've JUST got your g35 manual or something bc only kids flaunt manuals hard as you do, people don't drive manuals bc of various reasons, anyone can drive manual dude......It's just some people have priorities and schedules they need to feel comfortable with and transportation is a huge factor. Think twice before you say close minded crap like that, your no bad *** bc you can drive a 6mt, ANYONE CAN DRIVE A 6MT....Isn't it 18 and older for this forum? Bluedevil should know since he lives around my area how bad traffic can get when you step into DC during rush hour.

Last edited by Jae_K; 03-19-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
it sounds like thats what you want so go for it...

Old 03-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jae_K
If your driving in the city get an auto, when i was driving the F150 with manual it sucked bc i go to work everyday to DC and its a 30 minute drive from my house and when there was traffic i would have some serious road rage. BTW the automatic is not that bad, i dont know why people get on it so hard, i went with the automatic bc of my schedule. Do what suits you, for me the auto did it. Neight you must've JUST got your g35 manual or something bc only kids flaunt manuals hard as you do, people don't drive manuals bc of various reasons, anyone can drive manual dude......It's just some people have priorities and schedules they need to feel comfortable with and transportation is a huge factor. Think twice before you say close minded crap like that, your no bad *** bc you can drive a 6mt, ANYONE CAN DRIVE A 6MT....Isn't it 18 and older for this forum? Bluedevil should know since he lives around my area how bad traffic can get when you step into DC during rush hour.
I do know how bad it can get - I used to drive in this traffic in a 5-spd Isuzu Rodeo. Yet, I still wouldn't have traded it for an auto, because it was my only car. If I could afford a DD in addition to my G, I'd probably get something like an old Civic, and I would consider an automatic for commutes.

However, for my only car, I love a manual. I have never once been frustrated driving my G in DC rush hour beltway traffic. I personally prefer a manual, even in such situations (especially if the car has some good power).