G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How fast/slow do you guys go turning into a driveway/parking lot?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How fast/slow do you guys go turning into a driveway/parking lot?

For example you want to make a right turn to get into a parking lot from a busy street. Do you slow down to almost a stand still, make the right turn, and then speed up into the parking lot? Reason I'm asking is that yesterday I was driving down a very busy street and I had to make a right turn to enter my work's parking lot. Well I signaled for at least 30 feet since the car behind me was on my @$$, slowed down becuase I didn't want to speed over the curb entering the driveway (we all know how stiff the suspension is), the car behind me slammed on their brakes and honked, and the car behind them rear ended them. Luckily I didn't get hit, but the lady behind me shouldn't have been so close to me.

So how fast or slow do you guys go when entering a driveway/parking lot?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i totally slow down and enter very slowly. even tho i'm not dropped, i've bottomed out, as in making a left turn into a supermarket parking lot and couldn't see how deep the entrance was. i could care less about the driver behind me being inconvenienced b/c i always signal or slow down way ahead of time. that driver on your **** deserved it! haha

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by cremaster
i totally slow down and enter very slowly. even tho i'm not dropped, i've bottomed out, as in making a left turn into a supermarket parking lot and couldn't see how deep the entrance was. i could care less about the driver behind me being inconvenienced b/c i always signal or slow down way ahead of time. that driver on your **** deserved it! haha
Exactly, it's not like I was speeding and slammed on my brakes becuase I was going to miss my turn. And I too am stock height and have bottomed out before not knowing how high the entrance was. I'm curious as to what the owners that are dropped have to say.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go really slow when entering or exiting a driveway....I learned my lesson before. I think people get annoyed, but I could care less.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I slow down a good amount for the same reasons as the above. But I try not to haul it down too quickly.

But IMHO, it's the lady's own damn fault she slammed on her brakes and got hit.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
For example you want to make a right turn to get into a parking lot from a busy street. Do you slow down to almost a stand still, make the right turn, and then speed up into the parking lot? Reason I'm asking is that yesterday I was driving down a very busy street and I had to make a right turn to enter my work's parking lot. Well I signaled for at least 30 feet since the car behind me was on my @$$, slowed down becuase I didn't want to speed over the curb entering the driveway (we all know how stiff the suspension is), the car behind me slammed on their brakes and honked, and the car behind them rear ended them. Luckily I didn't get hit, but the lady behind me shouldn't have been so close to me.

So how fast or slow do you guys go when entering a driveway/parking lot?
Sounds like I do what you do, and would have done what you did.

Love that the "lady" got rear ended. Maybe she'll learn from her experience.

I'm beginning to think that seat belts, airbags, and impact absorbing bumpers are keeping too many bad drivers on the road. In the "old days" the bad drivers would be weeded out through natural selection.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Their is some people that take turns like WAY too slow. It shouldn't be a problem to make a turn with out flipping the damn car over. If their old, i understand, if their young, then hurry up. If your lowered, then thats a damn good excuse. I take advantage of the tight suspension and i take turns nice and smooth.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
usually drift into a a driveway.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I also enter driveways/parking lots pretty slowly. I always signal to give the car behind me some warning that I'll be turning in. My car is dropped and scraping on a driveway is painful. I don't think you did anything wrong...the lady behind you was being a dumb@ss by following too closely.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
i absolutely hate when people are tailing me when im trying to make a right turn into the parking lot where i live. Its so fvcking annoying, sometimes i want to get out the car and beat their fvckin *** lol. My entrance is on a 4 lane road with 2 going each way. i dont understand why people just cant switch lanes when there is no one on the road except me and the other driver. fvckin ridiculous. and its not like i go in super slow...but i also hate it when people bulldoze their way into a driveway or parking lot...what if theres someones walking past the driveway or another car is coming out...i just dont understand...but ya..just had to vent

Old 04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
In my old car, I was on the 57 and traffic ahead was slowing down. The guy behind me was on my @** and he had to slam on his brake not to hit me, but he got hit instead. All his fault and I didn't feel bad for him. You can't be riding people like that in So Cal... freeways will be going 80 mph and then all of a sudden come to a dead stop.

The lady was completely at fault and luckily you didn't get hit.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Pretty slow considering I'm lowered. My nismo front will rubs all the time.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
pedal to the floor, just because im hardcore

Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
i go slow but not tooo slow. if someone idiot like the lady is on my ***... ill slow down to a crawl lol

Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Slow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How fast/slow do you guys go turning into a driveway/parking lot?