G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is the dealer blowing smoke up my buttocks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The driver side window If you pull the window up switch all the way up and let it go then the window will roll all the way up and back down 3"-4". If you don't want it to roll back down then only pull the switch up enough till the window starts to roll up.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a hair trigger though. i can either inch it up barely or it will do this. it doesn't have normal auto-up

Old 07-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Kao1
The driver side window If you pull the window up switch all the way up and let it go then the window will roll all the way up and back down 3"-4". If you don't want it to roll back down then only pull the switch up enough till the window starts to roll up.
Or, you could get it fixed and not worry about it.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:48 AM
One of the other issues I had the car in for was a whining/whirring noise that I thought was a wheel bearing. Turns out it's something in the differential. Thank God for having gotten a warranty when I bought it used!

It did irk me that they had the car all week and when I went yesterday to grab my GPS and a few other things out of it (going out of town so they gave me a loaner to take on my trip), they still hadn't fixed the locks or the window.

They are now taking it to an Infiniti dealership (was at a Nissan place) to get the diff fixed so hopefully they will get it all straightened out.

I sure miss the car though... can't say I've had a car I've liked this much in quite a long time.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Laid GP
Before I bought my car I noticed a few minor problems with it. The dealer agreed to fix them for free and not put them against my warranty (warranty terms on used cars for this dealer are that if you don't have a claim, you get your money back at the end of the period)

The dealer is not a Nissan/Infiniti dealer, but they have sent the car to the local Nissan place.

One of the problems is that the auto-up on the driver's window is acting weird. The window does not do the automatic 1" or so roll down when you open the door. When you do the auto-up, the window rolls completely up, and then rolls back down about 3-4 inches.

They claim that they spoke with an Infiniti dealership in Memphis (nearest Infiniti dealer) who told them this was a "feature" on the G35s and the auto up was intended to behave in this manner.

I don't buy this - I even saw posts on here stating this was a symptom of a dying window motor.

Can some other 03 coupe owners confirm on here that their auto up does not function in that manner, and that it does do the 1" roll down when the door opens?

The other issues are nonworking power locks and what I think is a bad bearing on the back right wheel, which so far they seem to have no problems with.

I just have a nagging feeling that they are going to give it back to me with the window still messed up and claim this is a "feature". The kicker is that this dealership installed a power window motor in that very window when they got the car in, so I imagine that is why they don't want to replace it already!

If you G35 is less than 4 yrs old since first sale or has less than 60,000 mi., then ANY Infiniti dealership anywhere around the country has to replace the motor or adjust the windows for FREE.

In most cases just adjusting the regulator needs to be done and that should take care of the problem. If you are a DIY person. Remove the door finisher and adjust the regulator as per the attached instructions. If that doesnt work, you should go back to your "non-Infiniti" dealership and ask them for long to they warranty their repair work. Most places by law have to fix something you paid for within 90 days if it keeps breaking, unless you bought your car from "Travelling Jim's discount car emporium" or something.

Attached Thumbnails Is the dealer blowing smoke up my buttocks?-door.jpg   Is the dealer blowing smoke up my buttocks?-reset.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Laid GP
Thanks guys - if they try to argue with me I will show them the manual, and if necessary, this thread.
haha i can imagine you showing this thread with the title "is the dealer blowing smoke up his buttocks" haha wonder how he will react...

Old 07-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My driver window does the same thing as far as rolling down 3"-4" after auto roll up. It never did bother me until i installed my window roll up module today. Now when i do window roll up with the key fob it rolls back down on driver side

Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM
D Pak, where did you get the formal info that If your G35 is less than 4 yrs old since first sale or has less than 60,000 mi.? Only asking because my car just started this (just over 4yrs old, but only have 18k miles). I know when I call the dealer they won't want to warranty this.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
That's standard bumper to bumper warranty. And all go yrs/mileage which ever comes first. Unless you bought some kind of extended.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
I had this problem along with a malfunctioning driver door lock and they were both replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

Good luck

Old 08-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Got it back today with all issues fixed. Nice to have power locks again!