G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer giving me [censored]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer giving me [censored]

I called my dealership to make an appointment for them to look at the problems in my car. My door panels rattle when my music is up, my driver's side seat squeaks, my car makes a clicking sound that you can hear underneath the car sometimes when I switch gears. The dealer tried to tell me I can't get a loaner car for them to look at this!! I told them there is a TSB for the door panel rattling and then they said there isn't and that if I tell them things to look at and they don't find a problem that I will be charged for their time!! Also, I brought my car in in the winter because my passenger heated seat wasn't working. They never fixed the problem and told me that it's working fine, They said that G35 heated seats don't get hot. I told them mine gets hot enough for my butt to sweat and I have to turn it off, but the passenger doesn't have any heat coming from it at all. He said that's normal. Anyway, has anybody else experienced this with their dealers??? I asked him what I have to do to get a loaner in this place?? He said for my 7500 checkup. I told him fine, while you have my car, do the 7500 mile checkup and then give me the loaner for that!! He agreed to that. On top of all this, the manager told me that he received the negative survey I gave them for not fixing my heated seat and he said he wasn't happy about that. I said well then you should've fixed my problem that I kept complaining about and I wouldn't have complained!!

Old 05-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Re: Dealer giving me [censored]

sounds like my dealership. They could find a purple squirrel with a black mohawk running on a treadmill where the engine should be and they would say it's normal.

They couldn't fix anything for me and they also confronted me with a call I made to ICA complaining about the level of 'service' I had received.

Old 05-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Z2G

your dealer sounds like an a$$. try going to another dealer nearby. if there's one nearby i hope. if not, you're screwed since you'll always have to deal with them. fortunately, i have like 3 infiniti dealers near me so if i ever get sh$t, i have others to go to.

if there are no other dealers nearby, i guess your only recourse would be to file a complaint with infiniti corporate.

Old 05-25-2004, 04:45 PM

kjbalto

I just took my car in for it 7500mile check yesterday. They waived the tire rotation (performance package) and I told them of the rattle in the back deck, center console, and driver seat rocks. They had a car waiting for me when I dropped mine off and had the car ready by 3:00pm (when they said they would) and fixed all the rattles. I was skeptical about the drivers seat because it would only rock/click occasionally. The tech replaced the seat frame which lowered the seat by about 1/2 inch and got rid of the rocking. The rattle in the back was the B pillars panels and the console they said was the sunroof. Hard to believe the center console was actually the sunroof (need to get my hearing checked) - BUT all rattles are gone!

70.00 for the checkup/oil change plus taxes.

Bommarito Infiniti in Ellisville, MO did a great job the were easy to work with!

------------------------------------------------------
2004 Infiniti G35C IP/5AT/aero/now with chin spoiler/premium/nav/performance/clear corners/K&N filter

Old 05-26-2004, 08:48 AM

What dealership do you go to? I'm talking about Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY. They have no idea what they're going and can't fix anything. When you say you have a problem they just say they didn't find anything and give it back to you. So this time I told them that I found a couple of TSB's that state problems and fixes for them and they told me that I can't just go online and give them a list of TSB's to have them fix. I was so pissed and I told them that I'm only giving them TSB's that are the problems that I am having. They then told me that I will be charged if they look for these problems and don't find anything!! Can you believe this?? There aren't any other Infiniti's near me so I am screwed. I will have to go to NJ now to find another dealership. I am so pissed.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:24 AM

I'd get my lawyer involved if I was you.
Sometimes that is what these a$$holes need to get motivated. Have him contact Infiniti Corporate.

I'd drive my car through the service window if my dealer acted like that, then get out and beat the crap out of that a$$ of a service manager. Him: "why did you give me a bad review?" , Me: "because you suck a$$ and treat me like [censored], fix my car before I give you another beating".

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 05-26-2004, 11:18 AM

Quote: "What dealership do you go to? I'm talking about Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY. They have no idea what they're going and can't fix anything. When you say you have a problem they just say they didn't find anything and give it back to you. So this time I told them that I found a couple of TSB's that state problems and fixes for them and they told me that I can't just go online and give them a list of TSB's to have them fix. I was so pissed and I told them that I'm only giving them TSB's that are the problems that I am having. They then told me that I will be charged if they look for these problems and don't find anything!! Can you believe this?? There aren't any other Infiniti's near me so I am screwed. I will have to go to NJ now to find another dealership. I am so pissed. "

I have the same story. Either they replicate and can't fix or they say they can't replicate and send me on my way. I've taken test runs with a tech who takes notice, then I pick up the car the next day only to be told they didn't work on them because they couldn't replicate it themselves the next day again. I was flabbergasted. I haven't been back to that dealer in about a year even though they are the only one in the state. I've made the drive to the next closest dealership (170 miles each way) to avoid the one that's literally 10 minutes from my house.

I've talked with some local guys and they seem to be having better luck. A lot can change in a year so I might give them another shot at my 15K service for all of the issues I can't take care of myself by then.

I think you have access to several different dealers in the NY area. Just count yourself lucky that you have choices and not a dealer that has a monopoly in the area.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:27 PM

I live in so. cali where there are a TON of coupes, which sucks cause my car is not very unique. I guess the one upside is we do have more options in terms of dealers.

Sorry about the crappy dealerships, that totally blows

Old 05-26-2004, 04:51 PM

I agree call corporate. I work at the headquarters of my company and it's amazing how fast a change can occur with one phone call from us. Whoever you get try to get them to contact the dealership and call you back with the new resolution. Chances are others have received bad service from the same dealership and complained... enough phone calls and the service manager should be fired.

Old 05-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Z2G

call corporate. also threaten to report to the bbb. usually works everytime.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:54 PM

For the one in White Plains, how can there not be another dealer you can go to? You are 30 minutes to NYC! There have to be a number of other infiniti dealers you could take your G to.

Old 05-30-2004, 05:29 AM

I am going through a problem with Miller Infiniti right now. I've called corporate, and they have been the opposite of helpful. Threatening legal action and reading to them the law that is being violated has only made them ruder. It's one thing when there is a problem with just a specific dealership, but it's another thing when the company itself is unwilling to support their customers. Thus far, I would have to rate Infiniti's customer service with a big F. Although I love my car, aside from the quality issues I am having, my experience with the dealership and corporate have ensured that I will not purchase another Infiniti (this is my second one), and I will make sure that no one I know buys one either. I will see them in court.

Old 05-30-2004, 08:27 AM

I'm faced with this right now also. I just bought a new car and before I left, the salesman basically told me to give him all Excellent ratings. We had a few problems during negotiations, the sales person didn't know everything about the car, he didn't know how to calculate percentages and I got misled a bit on this wheel package that I got so I'm sure my honest feedback would not be acceptable to them.

I had this with Lexus as well. They were 5 days late estimating my delivery day and I dinged them on it. I got a call back from the sales manager telling me how wrong I was for giving them negative feedback and the 2 times afterwords that I brought it in for service, they have refused loaners, charged me extra for things I didn't want ($120 and 4 hours waiting for an oil change, tire rotation and retorque)

I'm torn on what to do. Give honest feedback and get treated like [censored] or put what they want.

I work in a customer service business and I always encourage my customers to give honest feedback, but then again, I never treat my customers like I was treated.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:01 AM

Usually a dealership like that...even if the service manager is fired...the problems start from the top of the hierarchy.

Did they give you a good deal on your car?

In many cases a dealership that has a domestic car sales mentality just discounts the hell out of their cars and just tries to sell volume not quality or service. So they can't afford to maintain a quality service to their customers.

You can complain to corporate and keep giving them negative feedbacks and yes the service manager will probably be fired. But unless the GM is fixed then most likely nothing will be solved. It starts with the GM...

That's just my two cents. I've seen that a lot with some other dealerships. I won't say any names. But I'll tell you customers went to them cuz they were like a few hundred cheaper. They got their cars with scratches on them and dents on them and when they bring the cars to get serviced they can't get loaners and one time the wheel wasn't put on right so the wheel almost wobbled off the car.
What happens then? They all go to another dealer to get serviced. But then all dealerships will take care of their customers first then secondary customers.

That is one reason for terrible service. The other could just be that the dealership sucks hehehhe who knows. But complain and complain. Don't call...write them a letter. More effective. And I would suggest finding a dealership around you that has more respectable service.

2004 Ivory Pearl Sports Coupe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer giving me [censored]