G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

love Procharger, BUT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love Procharger, BUT!!!

Long post but worth it.. I was cleaning my engine and got some dcgreaser on the Procharger supercharger and the metal blue tag. Some of the blue come off the tag and didn't look as good anymore. I called Procharger and spoke to a tech. He said they couldn't do anything unless I sent the procharger back to them.. Haha yea right.. Pay to take it off and put it back on mainly for advertising for them?? So I asked for the manager, he told me the same thing, but them said to sent him a pic and he wuld get back to me. Here is what I received back from him.
"Jeff,
If you could arrange transportation for a short while I could expedite the blower turn around time in our facility. The cost to retag a blower is $75.00 plus the cost to ship it back to you. If you wanted to have the blower polished while it was here I can offer you a break ($300.00) on the cost of doing that while it was here. The normal cost of polishing an assembled blower is $800.00 and I would be glad to do it for $500.00. The normal cost of blower polishing is $200.00 at the time of purchase. Polishing is very labor intensive but much easier to do previous to the blower being assembled.
let me know what you want to do. As we discussed on the phone I cannot send out replacement tags because of the possibility of fraud.
Dave "
Here is what I wrote back to him...
"Yea right!!!! I'm going to pay someone hours of labor to uninstall the blower (at least what 4 hours @ 125.00/hour $500.00), send it to you (shipping $20.00??), get the tag put on ($75.00), you send it back to me ($20.00) reinstall labor at least 6 hours @ 125/hour $750.00.....

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!! I should pay $1,365.00 to get a new tag put on the blower to advertise for Procharger???? Then another $500.. to polish it???

Maybe be I should put a Vortec sticker on it. Why did I watse my time sending you picture??? for this????

I am on all the Forums and I am thinking about posting you answer to my question..... about your company Procharger. Please get back to me if there is another form of action....

This is an outrage!!!!
Jeff "
He never got back to me.. Any suggestions?

http://members.cardomain.com/mysupercharged_g

Old 06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Re: love Procharger, BUT!!!

I think im confused. The "Procharger" tag or something is missing? Personally, I wouldn't care. Those who are knowledgable will know what you have already. Those who are not would not care. Hard for those in the car next to you to read the tag when they are coughing on your exhaust anyhow=)

-JustICE

Old 06-15-2004, 03:10 AM

I understand his frustration though. I mean, it's almost like a slap in the face from ATI. They sell you a product that is obviously not the highest quality (if the tag rubs off with a rag and some cleaner), and then try to screw you over when you ask them to fix it. You'd think that when you drop that kind of $$$ on something, they'd be bending over backwards to keep customers happy. Especially since them and Vortech are in direct competition for almost complete control of that market (superchargers for the G).

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT Black/Willow
- Texas Tech Mechanical Engineering - Texas Tech Advanced Vehicle Engineering -

Old 06-15-2004, 03:16 AM

It isn't about the tag anymore damnit. It's about respect...

Heeeeellllllloooooooooo people.......

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 06-15-2004, 03:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Vortech, I am sure they'll be happy to send you a damn sticker for your supercharger.

Old 06-15-2004, 05:47 AM

Who cares? Did you buy the ProCharger because it looked cool or because it performed when the hood was down?

Maybe I just don't get the point of this post???

301-bhp!!! ...and growing!

Old 06-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldn't care much either. i'd def. get it polished though. as long as you gots the receipt of it, no probz about proving to anyone it's a procharger.

Old 06-15-2004, 03:22 PM

I SEE both sides.....

nothing like the 'bum's rush' treatment, when it comes to solutions, BUT, you are arguing the asthetics of their blind rivetd nameplate.....

move on, and dont fret... if thas the WORST you have with the setup, you're in great shape anyway!!

for what it's worth, if someone doesnt 'know' you have the ATI (and argues it), they prolly wont be willing to pay what its worth anyway... just keep the plate for ID purposes (should have more ###'s stamped n the unit regardless)

Old 06-15-2004, 05:13 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

If fraud is their worry and they've seen a pic of your SC with the tag missing, why don't they just ask for your receipt to be mailed to them and send the tag back with it?

Seems kinda retarded for them to loose potential biz from many over a silly tag...that advertises their name!

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 06-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Procharger, but have yet to see it installed in my car, so I'm not sure of the metal blue tag. But, I'm sure if you take the metal tag to a machine shop they can duplicate it fairly cheap. Hell, have two made and send one to Procharger to let them know that their 'fraud prevention' department has a new problem!

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 06-15-2004, 10:19 PM

I want to see some dyno numbers when the tag was on and after the tag was off!!!!!! Did you loose some torque/hp on the low RPM???

: )
Just trying to get some humor while I am watching the Lakers which is not very humorus at all!!!!

Old 06-16-2004, 01:25 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You do understand that they are a business right? Businesses are there to make money. You were the one that caused the staining w/ your degreaser. I would never spray any type of degreaser on my high polished wheels because it would mess up the lip. You always test it in an inconspicuous spot.

Ivory Pearl coupe

Old 06-16-2004, 06:04 AM

In all honesty, they probably don't care because it wasn't their fault the tag got messed up. It was caused by you, therefore they don't care if your tag is messed up.

In reality, companies have certain procedures to follow, regardless of how small or insignificant the situation seems. That is the fact of business.

Its like returning a blockbuster movie 1 hour after the deadline. You have to pay the late fee because it was your fault. Even though it was just an hour late, it was not their fault and they must follow procedures within the company.

Do i think it's fair? No, not really. However, i do understand their position if in fact that is company policy. Don't get too worked up over this. You have to remember this wasn't their fault and they are only following their rules as any legitimate business should.

Good luck with this situation though. Hopefully they will make an exception for you.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:48 PM

Just a lil FYI, although polished parts look awesome under any hood, they do hold alot more heat that regular, non-polished/non-chrome parts. In other words, they won't dissipate heat as well and hotter air will be entering the engine which no one wants. There's my two cents!

I do see your frustration though. I don't get how they are afraid of fraud because even the cheapest blowers aren't economical enough for someone to make enough money off of rebadging.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:49 PM

Just a lil FYI, although polished parts look awesome under any hood, they do hold alot more heat then regular, non-polished/non-chrome parts. In other words, they won't dissipate heat as well and hotter air will be entering the engine which no one wants. There's my two cents!

I do see your frustration though. I don't get how they are afraid of fraud because even the cheapest blowers aren't economical enough for someone to make enough money off of rebadging.