G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Reecard
I have a chance to get an '05 6MT with 56,000 miles on it. Is there any indication that the motor would have the oil comsumption issue? I mean, do they burn it through exhaust or leak it? Any help, would be great.
As far as I know, my mechanical knowledge is limited, you cannot detect that the motor is consuming oil! No leaks anywhere! No smoking engine, tailpipes looked normal etc. Your only going to notice it once you begin checking the oil on a regular basis.

I have just rebuilt my engine, 05 G35 65k, one of the cylinders was oval. This is where we suspect it was consuming oil.

Good Luck!

Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrcarter9
I recently got an 05 g coupe 6mt. I have a couple grand to spend and was wondering the best mods to gain RWHP without going over budget.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Get yourself a 5/16 plenum spacer and a MREV 2. Those mods are definitely a good bang for your buck mods.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
As far as I know, my mechanical knowledge is limited, you cannot detect that the motor is consuming oil! No leaks anywhere! No smoking engine, tailpipes looked normal etc. Your only going to notice it once you begin checking the oil on a regular basis.

I have just rebuilt my engine, 05 G35 65k, one of the cylinders was oval. This is where we suspect it was consuming oil.

Good Luck!
I would ask the owner for any records that indicate it had been tested before in order to determine if it had OC issues and then finally paperwork that showed it got a new engine. Or, if it hasn't started to consume oil yet and you buy the car, the best thing to do is check the oil level about once a week.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP!!! Am I wasting my money??

So I just have a plain ol' stock exhaust on my 2004 g coupe. But I wanna change the tone of it! I see the Invidia test pipes, the 50 mm and 60 mm pipes. (I'm a broke college kid, give me a break!!)
But if I were to just purchase those and install them on my car with a stock exhaust would there be any difference?? Any change in tone (for the better)?? Or am I'm about to waste $200 for nothing? How would my car benefit by having those put on? I'm clueless as to what to do, obviously I know getting a full exhaust would solve the whole thing. But that's more money than I've got at the moment. Preciate any feed back!

http://www.customcarscentral.com/inv...initi-g35.html

Old 12-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
get it from the vendor here and you save your money. find the used one too. just an advice if i were you, i would get a resonated test pipe.. it does change the tone to a better way and quite a gain on a horsepower.

The following users liked this post:
ac15 (12-03-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ac15
So I just have a plain ol' stock exhaust on my 2004 g coupe. But I wanna change the tone of it! I see the Invidia test pipes, the 50 mm and 60 mm pipes. (I'm a broke college kid, give me a break!!)
But if I were to just purchase those and install them on my car with a stock exhaust would there be any difference?? Any change in tone (for the better)?? Or am I'm about to waste $200 for nothing? How would my car benefit by having those put on? I'm clueless as to what to do, obviously I know getting a full exhaust would solve the whole thing. But that's more money than I've got at the moment. Preciate any feed back!

http://www.customcarscentral.com/inv...initi-g35.html
I'm kind of jealous of you guys that lives in state with "lax" emission regulation. I would not dare use a test pipe in California...the possibility of getting your car impounded along with a hefty fine is just not worth it for me.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I had decided on this previously but I'm on the fence now.

I have a 2007 g35 coupe and I am about to install the Mrev2, the 5/16" spacer and am going to follow these with an Osiris Uprev tune. The total for this comes out to be about $1600 including the tune.

My question for you guys is should I install the Motordyne ART pipes?

With install the art pipes will cost me approximately $800-850. I am not willing to do the full exhaust because it is quite pricey considering the power gain and I've heard the art pipes are the most effective exhaust mod.

I'm also weighing the increased power/deeper sound against the possible raspiness and bad smell.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by canehdian_guy
I had decided on this previously but I'm on the fence now.

I have a 2007 g35 coupe and I am about to install the Mrev2, the 5/16" spacer and am going to follow these with an Osiris Uprev tune. The total for this comes out to be about $1600 including the tune.

My question for you guys is should I install the Motordyne ART pipes?

With install the art pipes will cost me approximately $800-850. I am not willing to do the full exhaust because it is quite pricey considering the power gain and I've heard the art pipes are the most effective exhaust mod.

I'm also weighing the increased power/deeper sound against the possible raspiness and bad smell.

Thanks
Yes you should get the ART pipes then tune everything. To help with the little rasp, getting a y pipe will help. Also might help a little with the smell. Mostly the reason for the rasp is the diameter change from the ART pipes to the stock y pipe.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with 06G35. Get some ARTs then grt the tune. I just installed my ART pipes last night and i love them. Drove for an hour just for fun. The smell isn't as bad as everyone says it is IMO. There is a little rattling with the stock exhaust. In my opinion they were worth it. And try to install them yourself. Youll save some money. It was not hard for me and my brother, we just did not have the right tools at first.

Hope this helps

Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by Marcusmfmatilla
I agree with 06G35. Get some ARTs then grt the tune. I just installed my ART pipes last night and i love them. Drove for an hour just for fun. The smell isn't as bad as everyone says it is IMO. There is a little rattling with the stock exhaust. In my opinion they were worth it. And try to install them yourself. Youll save some money. It was not hard for me and my brother, we just did not have the right tools at first.

Hope this helps
Haha very much so. I was hoping to be convinced into keeping the ART pipes

P.S. I heard the rattling can be solved by cutting off the bolt on the drivers side of the heat shield

Marcusmfmatilla (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
Yes you should get the ART pipes then tune everything. To help with the little rasp, getting a y pipe will help. Also might help a little with the smell. Mostly the reason for the rasp is the diameter change from the ART pipes to the stock y pipe.
Tony from Motordyne said that if I add the XYZ pipe later down the road that I won't require another tune so I'm just going to play it by ear.

Thanks for the advice man. I'm excited to try these ART pipes...how did you like the sound?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Tony from Motordyne said that if I add the XYZ pipe later down the road that I won't require another tune so I'm just going to play it by ear.

Thanks for the advice man. I'm excited to try these ART pipes...how did you like the sound?
Nothing REQUIRES a tune.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I stated my original question really poorly. I do not have the ART pipes yet, I'm deciding whether or not I should get them.

Should I purchase ART pipes or is it not worth the money?
'
Thanks

Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^Yes, get them.

canehdian_guy (12-10-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I stated my original question really poorly. I do not have the ART pipes yet, I'm deciding whether or not I should get them.

Should I purchase ART pipes or is it not worth the money?
'
Thanks
I have decided HFC's by FI. This will be combined, short term, with stock components.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread