G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by valdaviper1
I've heard people say that some of the ebay amazon ones don't fit, but I bought mine off here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=121125446554) and they are fine. I also sprayed them a bit with tint spray and they look great.
Is it an amber or white bulb inside? I believe in CA clear corners have to produce an amber light to stay legal.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think they came white LEDs, but you can replace them with yellow ones or just normal amber lights. I put amber ones in mine

Last edited by valdaviper1; 08-22-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by valdaviper1
I think they came white LEDs, but you can replace them with yellow ones or just normal amber lights. I put amber ones in mine
Can you pull out the amber light inside the OEM clear corners or do you need to purchase them separately?

Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
If you buy amber corners they should come with white bulbs. If you buy clear corners they should come with amber bulbs.

You can pull the bulbs out of either colored corner.

You could purchase the desired colored bulb from your local auto parts store.

The following users liked this post:
TheNative (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^+1

Old 08-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have ambers in my clear corners....I think it looks classy.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So i did some searching here and on 6mt regarding mods, Im a member here so figured Id ask just to get some clarification due to some lacking information in threads, and my lack of knowledge.
1st- Intake/engine
2nd- exhaust
3rd- suspension/braking/rims

My car: 2007 G35 coupe 6mt stock 73k miles rev up

My questions are the following:
I want to buy a JWT pop charger with a stillen z tube, was wondering if i should also invest in an airbox or not.
At the same time i wanted to install an MREV 2 and a 5/16 spacer. I read that if i do this i would need to tune ASAP but there was some debate. Which would be better or should i just wait to do both and get osiris tune. or hold off until i get exhaust done to do them and get tune.

After research i want to get some HFC's tanable y pipe and havent decided on what exhaust from that point exactly.

Thanks for any advice or any link to something i may have missed.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
From what I have readed it's best to do the mods you want then have it tuned. I mean you'll notice a difference once you start making mods, tuneing just ties all the mods together to get the maximum power out of the engine. Pop charger sound freaking awesome under the hood, I had to make my own heat shield. The one JWT sent with the filter is just not big enough. For a z tube I just bought a oem tube for the 350z. But then again a few guys that have the revup air box just use a aftermarket drop in filter. As for me I'm thinking about running Motordyne's ART pipes.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am kind of in the same boat here with an 06 @ 75k.. Other than bushings and wear and tear items,(brakes, plugs, fluids) can anyone think of other vulnerabilities at this mileage interval?

The reason I ask is that out of curiosity I am wondering if it would make more sense for me to build a better platform than to start modding HP upgrades and then finding weak points. I guess it's really 6-1/2 one way and half a dozen the other... but currently the direction I am going.

But then again I have a DE motor not an HR... she drinks a little oil but not very much. about half to 3/4 of a quart in 4 months under occasional enthusiastic driving excursions and the occasional road trip. For anyone who has been there before with a DE motor, any bad experiences at modding HP upgrades after 60k?

Thanks all,

murderface

Old 09-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolik0
So i did some searching here and on 6mt regarding mods, Im a member here so figured Id ask just to get some clarification due to some lacking information in threads, and my lack of knowledge.
1st- Intake/engine
2nd- exhaust
3rd- suspension/braking/rims

My car: 2007 G35 coupe 6mt stock 73k miles rev up

My questions are the following:
I want to buy a JWT pop charger with a stillen z tube, was wondering if i should also invest in an airbox or not.
At the same time i wanted to install an MREV 2 and a 5/16 spacer. I read that if i do this i would need to tune ASAP but there was some debate. Which would be better or should i just wait to do both and get osiris tune. or hold off until i get exhaust done to do them and get tune.

After research i want to get some HFC's tanable y pipe and havent decided on what exhaust from that point exactly.

Thanks for any advice or any link to something i may have missed.
I would hold off on the osiris tune until you get your exhaust done. Better to knock it all off at once. Also I bought the jwt pop charger with the Z-tube. The jwt pop charger gives you too much heat soak and that heat shield doesn't really work. BlueDream was running a jwt pop charger but he said the heat soak on it was ridiculous especially in Texas's hot weather. He convinced me. I'm not putting the pop charger on my car. I've done a lot of research and asked many people what the best way to go is and they the stock rev-up box your car has with the z-tube and different filter. ie a K&N filter. Hope that helps i have 07 coupe MT as well

Old 09-14-2013, 08:35 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
lol it's amazing anyone listens to me but you're right. The pop charger sounds great but especially down here it's just a power killer in the summer. I've been running the R2C intake for over 3 years and am very happy with it because it seals against the hood and leaves the front of the filter/housing open to draw in air. Here's a picture of it on my motor for reference (also check out my new 75MM throttle body on there as well, it's gaining popularity as the new mod to have, especially with those of us that are heavily modified):

Name:  008_zpsa7f756ef.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  138.4 KB

Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
lol it's amazing anyone listens to me but you're right. The pop charger sounds great but especially down here it's just a power killer in the summer. I've been running the R2C intake for over 3 years and am very happy with it because it seals against the hood and leaves the front of the filter/housing open to draw in air. Here's a picture of it on my motor for reference (also check out my new 75MM throttle body on there as well, it's gaining popularity as the new mod to have, especially with those of us that are heavily modified):
Definitely liking this over any of the other intakes I've seen available for our cars. I don't know anything about R2C, do their intakes give off a nice growl like a pop charger? Does the nickel retain more heat over the plastic tube?

Old 09-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by TheNative
Definitely liking this over any of the other intakes I've seen available for our cars. I don't know anything about R2C, do their intakes give off a nice growl like a pop charger? Does the nickel retain more heat over the plastic tube?
Guess you havent seen the stillen airbox...

Old 09-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
Guess you havent seen the stillen airbox...
I have...and it looks exactly like stock. What's your point?

Old 09-16-2013, 03:18 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Yhe R2C definitely has a nice growl to it since technically it's an open filter like the pop charger. Their filters are the best on the market in my opinion, they make a lot of filters for military vehicles as the technology in them is hard to beat. Plus they are a washable, dry filter that's easy to clean and they are huge as you can see. I don't have an R2C intake tube, minr's a chromed UTR but I personally think the whole complaint of a metal tube inducing heat soak is overblown. The air in there moves so fast it's hard for me to believe a metal tube heats it up significantly. IMO R2C wants way too much money for their whole intake system so I'd recommend just buying the front half and since I don't run the stock air damn I bought the Z version which doesn't have the cutout on the side so it seals against the hood on all sides except the side that faces forward.

It's not a very popular intake on here and I have no idea why, it's damn good.

The following users liked this post:
TheNative (09-16-2013)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread