G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Spoiler on G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler on G35 coupe

I special ordered a G35 6 speed coupe without any options but the rear spoiler. When the G35 arrived, the spoiler was not installed. The Infiniti dealer, apologized and said the dealership will install it for me. So after waiting two weeks the spoiler arrived and the dealership installed it for me. The problem being since it was installed by the dealership, they could not remove the rear brakelight when they installed the spoiler. Instead they just disconnected it.

If the spoiler would have come installed from the factory, would the brake light still be installed, but disconnected? Or is the light removed when this is done at the factory? This does not bother me that much, but I was hoping to not have the brakelight. Before I make a stink with the dealership I wanted to make sure this is the case.

Thanks

Old 06-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Spoiler on G35 coupe

It's been a long time since I was doing my research on the G. I thought that the spoiler only option might have been a dealer installated option and the 4 piece aero a port or factory installed option.

I've read in other forums that some dealers don't even want to disconnect the standard 3rd light even though the spoiler has an intergral 3rd light. Pretty sure some guys have removed the standard 3rd light themselves.

Didn't really answer your question, but I thought some general background info might help.

Old 06-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can disconect the interior 3rd brake light yourself. Just push the unit in and it pops right out. I wouldn't reccomend taking the whole unit out since there will be holes on your rear deck.

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
AIM= bkchang79
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/bkchang79

Old 06-24-2004, 04:44 PM

MikeKush- I just picked my coupe up 2 weeks ago and the same exact thing happened to me...You can try to make a stink about it and ask for them to comp you the rear spoiler, tell them that having an unfunctional 3rd light in the window is against your wishes and that you may have to search for another vehicle...It may work for you, I waited to long for my coupe and there were none within 500 miles of me with the combo I wanted so I couldn't wait for another...Personally I don't even notice it, its disconnected but I havent removed it...Plus if you have any plans like I do I'll eventually tint the windows and you won't be able to see it at all...Hope this helps

Old 06-24-2004, 05:39 PM

i went through the same thing too. i ordered it specifically with a spoiler and emphasized heavily. when i go pick it up, no spoiler.

the dealer said they will get it installed. two weeks pass by and a man from an independent installation company comes to my house and installs it. he disconnected the brake light then connected it. work fine. my only complaint is that he left a small piece of particle inside the trunk, so everytime i open/close i hear it move.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer your question......there is no brake light on the rear deck if you get the aero kit from the factory.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
G35Driver.com Business Cards

Old 06-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If the spoiler would have come installed from the factory, would the brake light still be installed, but disconnected? Or is the light removed when this is done at the factory?

<hr></blockquote>

If the spoiler is installed at the factory, they do not put a brake light in the back window. They use a different rear shelf that does not have the holes used by the brake light.

I would be careful allowing the dealer (or anyone else) to install a spoiler. I've read where other people had leaking problems...

2004.5 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options
Sidemarker turnsignal mod
GroundingGear™
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM

I bought a coupe special ordered from the factory with the 4 piece aero package and it came in with the spoiler already attached. The deck brakelight was also there but disconnected. I don't think they send them out without that deck 3rd brakelight even if it has the spoiler. I have never seen a coupe with or without a spoiler that does not have that light on the back deck.

285250-G35 Rear 2.JPG

Old 06-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If the spoiler is installed at the factory, they do not put a brake light in the back window. They use a different rear shelf that does not have the holes used by the brake light.

I would be careful allowing the dealer (or anyone else) to install a spoiler. I've read where other people had leaking problems...

<hr></blockquote>

Does anyone here have a coupe ordered from the factory with aero package or aero kit and not have a rear deck brake light?

I ordered my coupe twice because I changed my mind and wanted NAV after I already ordered so they had to place the order again. Both of the orders had the 4 piece aero-kit and both of them have the decklid 3rd brake light.

I also have something loose in the trunklid every time I open it ... now I'm wondering if it's drill holes from the rear spoiler.

Since I ordered my car from the factory with the aero-kit and they allegedly installed it at the factory ... then they essentially lied to me about the factory installed option which became a dealer installed option if there's a rear decklid brake lamp. Now here's the real question: is there anything I can do about this now 5 months and 7,000 miles later?

-Jon______________________
'04 C 6M/T - Laser Red/Graphite, Nav, 4 Piece Aero, Premium

Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 PM

I guarantee that people have the rear spoiler without the 3rd brake light...If the 3rd brake light is in the window it means that your dealer installed it at the dealership...It was NOT installed at the factory...Like I said before I'm one of those who got it with the 3rd brake light...Its def not supposed to be that way...In regards to the trunk, I also hear the shavings moving around when i open and close the trunk...
BeerViper- In your case you may be able to do something about it, if you have the original order form, and you waited the 6-8 weeks then your dealer def lied to you...Some type of compensation could possibly come your way if you fight it hard enough..Who knows

Old 06-24-2004, 09:31 PM

I was there the day mine arrived at the dealership and the spoiler was already on it.

Your guarantee should come with a picture of one w/o the deck light and a certification that it was not removed by the owner. I won't believe it until I have seen it.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:00 AM

I have to agree with G35Unit, if there is a third brake light with a spoiler then it means the spoiler was not installed at the factory and was a dealer option. I have seen plenty of g's without a third brake light and plenty with both a tbl and spoiler. I currently have a tbl and no spoiler and I asked the dealer what it would cost to install the spoiler, he gave me a ball park of around 700 bucks which ofcourse is delaer price markup but then added if I wanted to order the rear parcel shelf without the tbl, it would be an extra 200 bucks! To make a long story short there are coupes out there without the tbl, I am sure someone will post some pics soon.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:29 AM

The dealer did not have the spoiler on my G even after i asked them to, but instead he sold the spoiler to me for about 300. I asked them to install it asap..because i didn't live in the city where i purchased the car and had to drive it back home(800 miles away)

To make a long story short, they put a spoiler on over night and now i have a spoiler that barely matches the rest of the car(DG) and i keep seeing metallic shavings from drilling the trunk that was not cleaned. Oh yeah i still have TBL, and although some may not like it, i think its better to have one more brake light there for people to see you stopping.

take it easy.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:30 PM

"Oh yeah i still have TBL, and although some may not like it, i think its better to have one more brake light there for people to see you stopping."

I think you don't understand that if you have the spoiler, the deck brakelight does not light up when you brake so it won't help anyone see you stopping better.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*makes eyes real big eye type expression, and moves on!!!!!!* that was a little giggleicious mang.....

NOT SPONSORED

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler on G35 coupe