G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Let me know how the meeting goes G356MTBB. I might have to do this as well since my claim has been denied twice. Who was your service rep?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aaron Driver

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by G356MTBB
Aaron Driver
Thats my rep too. How has your experience been with him?

Old 07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know this thread is SOOOO much like what happened to me,

I live in PR and bought a 2003 G35 that was in a bad exterior shape, so right after I bought it I just sent it to the body shop to get it fixed. After that I noticed the car was consuming almost 1 qt of oil every 1,000 miles, so I took it to the dealer and they sealed the oil cap and made me drive 1000 miles more, now I live 110 miles away from the dealership so you must think a couple of rides and its all done, so when I finally got to 800 miles I got back to the dealer and they said I almost f*ed my engine, I said " hell I followed your procedure right to the letter" then he started pulling the maintainance records for my car and said "you better have all your maintainance records at home cause I don't have any record of this car being serviced here". So I called the guy I bought it from and I couldn't find him (army guy was currently in IRAQ) so when I told the guy at infiniti PR he said well we can't give you a repair because of your maintainance record missing. The car had 53,000 miles and was a 2003 so it was still under warranty. I asked to speak to the manager and lucky me the manager was a mid 30's lady very good mood and atractive so I started talking to her about how bad of a service I've been receiving from the personel and how anyone would buy again a 43,000 dollar car from them and expect to receive such a lame excuse for not giving you a new engine etc etc. At the end after talking for 45 minutes I got her to agree in replacing the engine for free. THen after a week or so I got a call from the idiot that denied me the engine saying I needed to purchase the engine mounts and belts for 600$ and the replacement cost was 50 bucks. SO I said how about I give you the parts and you do what you are good for, install them, so in the end I got the card after 1 month with a new engine and new engine mounts and belts, but the story does not ends here.

A week later the engine started knocking as if the lifters were clogged, so I brought the car back and the manager was fired and a new @ hole replaced her and the first thing he said was: That's no covered under warranty . I said WTF , I would never ever recommend anybody to buy an infiniti from you guys or get a car that is related to this dealership. SO long story short:

Summary :
1-I still have the car is in my garage in excellent shape but I have purchased a pair or cylinder heads and got them ported and polished in order to install them when I get back to PR (currently on a business trip)
2- I was so pissed the same day that happened I crossed the street and went to the NISSAN dealership and bought a 370Z with a downpayment of 7K and still having a good monthly payment, PENFED ROCKS!!. Every now and then I drive to the nissan dealership to change the oil and one day the same @hole(from infinti) is there to pick u parts for infiniti and recognizes me and says , you ended up buying a Z and I was like "YEAHH AT LEAST THE NISSAN DEALERSHIP ISN't SO IGNORANT WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS AS YOU GUYS ARE" trust me when I say this he was humiliated at the level that he had to shut up and not even say a word.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Aaron Driver
I just spoke with Aaron Driver and he told me he just got out of the meeting with you. He basically told me to speak with Oscar and Oscar told me to contact BBB to get proof that the mods caused the problem. How did the meeting go? Anything good come from it?

Old 07-10-2009, 05:06 PM
The meeting went as well as I figured it would. Both Aaron and Oscar and the Infiniti Rep Evelyn were present. I went through my case with all of them present and they listened. Evelyn about half way through interrupts me and states that Infiniti stands behind their dealership and stands behind their decision at which point I told Evelyn that I wasn't finished yet. Frankly this is how it has worked from the beginning, Infiniti has jumped to conclusion before getting at the facts.

I finished going through my documentation and get to the question of "What is Infiniti and Jim Coleman going to do about this?" The answer I get from Evelyn was comical. She had just been informed that the BBB has opened the case and was not permitted to speak any longer, said her goodbyes and hung up. It was like the lawyer stepped into the room.

Oscar and Aaron were courteous but in the end the meeting was basically (even before they found out about BBB) for my purposes and nothing else. I feel better (slightly) that they know what I know and how much documentation I have on the issue.

The fact of the matter is simple. Jim Coleman involved Infiniti WAY too early in the process (the day my car arrived!) and at that point the Infiniti rep had already made the decision that they were going to decline my warranty because of the mods. Another note, I asked for the cause in writing which no one could produce for me. Evelyn got it and read it over the phone. Basically what they were claiming was the damage was caused by the engine modifications and exhaust modifications coupled with the car being driven in "race" conditions. The car has NEVER been raced. Yes, I have a four point harness (which they documented), the car is lowered (which they documented). So in other words Infiniti made an assumption (bad move) and has also made the same assumption based on the exhaust and my Pop Charger, Plenum Spacer, and Z-tube. All ridiculous. Evelyn told me that she could not give this to me in writing because it was Infiniti property and that all she could give me was a "denial of warranty letter". So I asked, all you can document is that you are denying my warranty? Yes sir.... What a crock.

On the other side is Jim Coleman. Now they did not properly follow the TSB by not documenting OC rate. So basically because they did not do their job properly I had no documentation detailing measurements and Infiniti was left to go wild on what they assume happened.

As I understand how the process works. It is the dealerships responsibility for documenting and building the case for warranty repairs PRIOR to getting Infiniti involved. Unfortunately as timing had it the rep was there when my car came in and it was more like "hey, come over here and look at this" that started the whole issue.

Where I stand now? Well, I can tell you I'm impressed so far with BBB Auto Line. I completed the paperwork on Thursday night and by 2:45 the next day they had already contacted Infiniti. It was amazing to see how each of them locked up.

Raj, I suggest you follow Oscar's advice and get the BBB involved. I'll keep everyone posted on their progress and how quickly they respond. So far as I said I'm impressed. I thought by the time I file this I'll wait 6-8 weeks to hear from anyone on it which is why I proceeded with the meeting.

I can tell you that I believe both Aaron and Oscar are good people and not trying to screw me. I would say however, that Infiniti IS. I think Jim Coleman made a mistake (several) but everyone makes mistakes and I don't hold it against Aaron or Oscar, however I do expect people to pay for their mistakes and I think based on my position, documentation, and knowledge I have a feeling someone will... AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ME...

The car is being boxed up (sad thought isn't it) and put into a towing state and I am picking it up on Monday to have it taken to Altered Atmosphere to begin solidifying my case. I may, depending upon how quickly BBB works, wait to see what they can do, but it's been over 8 weeks and I JUST want my car back...

I'll keep flowing with the updates...

Old 07-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I hope it works out for you man! I also called Oscar today and he told me to contact BBB which i did like 1 hour before. I talked to Evelyn also and she hasn't been very helpful after Infiniti denied my replacement. I talked to John at Altered Atmosphere also and he told me to take the car to a different dealership.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Likewise Raj. Hopefully you have success in all arenas. Chances are your car has been "flagged" as mine is with Infiniti so I doubt taking it to IOT will result in anything but I would love to hear if you have success. I was told by others to bring it to IOT but I thought I had developed a good relationship with JC. If only I had listened I wouldn't be writing this. Good luck and keep me posted as well!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Aaron was my rep when they denied my warranty claim. I see a pattern here. Coleman is a joke.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I would not say Infiniti is the one trying to screw you. It is 100% the dealership. There are thousands of people on these forums who have had engines replaces with no problems what so ever with even more mods.

I have been going to IOT for 2 years now and they replace pretty much anything with no questions asked at all. I even had all the leather seats replaced on my G35 a month before my warrenty ended because of 'excessive cracking'.

I was actually just at IOT Today. I just stopped by because the leather seat on my G37 started to bubble a little. The service writer walked out to my car with me, saw the bubble, wrote down my VIN, then said " I will call you in a week when the part arrives". It was literally 5 minutes in and out, no questions.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I see that the post has made it #6 with Google when you search Jim Coleman.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Ha - I'm reading this thread with interest and the fact that this is the #6 hit for Jim Coleman is comical.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I see that the post has made it #6 with Google when you search Jim Coleman.
Maybe try and show that to them..and with all this bad publicity they may be more inclined to help you...

Old 07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately for Jim Coleman, I don't have to. Most every website that has a forum is filled with compliants about the service department. As my wife says "there is data in that"....

Old 07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Latest update:

BBB called me and asked me "Would you authorize a Factory Authorized Technician to perform the repairs" which I stopped and asked "Do you mean they have agreed to reapair my car?!?" Which she replied "Yes". I then told her that I would absolutely authorize this however I want the repairs done by Infiniti of Tysons.

After hanging up, I was excited yet reserved. I wanted to tell the whole world how I triumphed over Infiniti and how persistence is key but something told me to hold. A day later after trying to clarify for my own restless mind I received a call from BBB "Oh, didn't you get my email?" "Infiniti has reversed their decision, they didn't realize your car had already been inspected."...

So the rollercoaster crashes and burns based on a misunderstanding... The BBB thought they were going to repair but later retracted....

So, last Friday I spent the entire day picking up the pieces of my G. First was the engine and various boxed parts of the engine on my trailer. Second was picking up the carcass of my G after being told by Infiniti that they would not tow the car under Roadside assistance because it has to be going to a dealership... Salt in the wounds.... So I rented a U-Haul and did it myself... A little sweat and I saved $120 bucks.

The dealership was nervous. However they pitched in and helped which was very nice of them to do. I think they wanted me out of there as quickly as possible so as not to disturb the other Infiniti owners

Aaron personally helped pile the parts in the car along with a helper and then helped me winch the car up on the trailer. As I've said in both PMs and on this site he is a good guy despite the results.

Now, I sit and wait for arbitration. BBB is sending an inspector (free of charge, i.e. you get what you pay for) to inspect the damage and make an "unbiased" determination. (Doesn't Infiniti pay the BBB for its services... hmmmm). All sarcasm aside I'm hopeful they will do what it is right however I'm preparing for the worse. I've also asked that I review the resume of the technician they send to see if he is familiar with the VQs and the OC issue. If not, I've asked they find someone who does. I was told 1 to 3 business days.... It's been 2.... Speaking of 2, today marks the official 2 month anniversary of my car being disabled....

To hedge all of this as I've understood it can take months to resolve I've ordered a new engine, well used engine with 13k miles on it, to be delivered hopefully this week so I can get my G back up and running while I wait for Infiniti and the BBB to duke it out. I was told by the BBB rep to keep all my documentation of costs, etc. as the arbitrator can award damages and most likely will. Later on what I hope to accomplish....

Anyway, I'll keep updating and like I said before, once this has been resolved I will post all the details so each of you reading this can learn from my bad experience, I hope that it will all turn out for the good. Based on all of my documentation of the situation I'm not sure how a reasonable unbiased arbitrator would disagree. We shall see.

Posted below are pictures of the engine in transit... How sad....

Attached Thumbnails Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs-img00073-20090717-1039.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Jim Coleman and Infiniti have declined warranty repairs