G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Slip light and vdc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a diploma in automotive mechanic (I aint a mechanic anymore..tho) I know how to repair the car it's just some technical question I am asking... I've done the service manual test (the guy that sold me his car showed me his lawyer bills to keep the custody of his child... he really needed cash).. so I was wondering how does the module worth? has anybody bought it?Is it reprogrammable? I'll almost done I am waiting my steering whell air bag .. go to the dealer to reprogram the air bag module (and maybe my VTC module if I can't do it by myself) and off to the inspection..

Old 07-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Generally speaking, tire's are the biggest culprit for VDC/Slip issues.....especially when replacing pairs of tires instead of sets and/or changing the OEM rims or tire sizes.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I am getting this issue, but it is not tires and not brakes. The brake light does not come on, and plenty of fluid in the reservoir. The tires have tread and the lights come on while in motion, say on a freeway just cruising. The Slip and VDC Off lights come on all by themselves while driving after a little while, basically every day. I had seen something about the camshaft position sensor? Anyone else seen this issue and investigated?

Old 11-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by bocatrip
Generally speaking, tire's are the biggest culprit for VDC/Slip issues.....especially when replacing pairs of tires instead of sets and/or changing the OEM rims or tire sizes.
]About a week ago I took my car to get a new rack and pinion, when the repairs were finished my VDC/Slip light were both on. From there I took my car to go get a 4 wheel alignment, just to find out those light are still on.Thinking it must be the tires , I bought a whole new set ,same size I had on before. THAT STILL DIDN'T HELP. When I got home and turned of my car, I let it rest before turning it back on again. When I started the car the lights were off, to my disbelief I started driving down my street, then the slip light started to blink and my car started to stall , then the lights stayed on !!! So on my way back down my street I made a left turn .My passenger tire then began to screech as if it was braking on it own . Then the car started driving normal . Can anyone help me !!!!!

Old 03-13-2018, 01:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Auric k
]About a week ago I took my car to get a new rack and pinion, when the repairs were finished my VDC/Slip light were both on. From there I took my car to go get a 4 wheel alignment, just to find out those light are still on.Thinking it must be the tires , I bought a whole new set ,same size I had on before. THAT STILL DIDN'T HELP. When I got home and turned of my car, I let it rest before turning it back on again. When I started the car the lights were off, to my disbelief I started driving down my street, then the slip light started to blink and my car started to stall , then the lights stayed on !!! So on my way back down my street I made a left turn .My passenger tire then began to screech as if it was braking on it own . Then the car started driving normal . Can anyone help me !!!!!
I have the EXACT same issue after replacing rack and pinion. Did you ever get it fixed? And what was the culprit? Thanks

Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Shincrono
I have the EXACT same issue after replacing rack and pinion. Did you ever get it fixed? And what was the culprit? Thanks
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...aring-hub.html

Old 04-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Shift1982
Hi I have a 04' coupe and I am repairing it to pass inspection.. I have a VDC off and Slip lights ON do you know what it means? because I haven't put my air bags in yet.. but I doubt it would b the problem... the engine works just fine pulls like hell... is there a sensor that could make this problem?? the car got hit in the front ( if it can help).. .

What state are you from? Inspection in my state changed a lot last year. I don't have to fix my vdc, slip and abs but I'm going to anyways. took to the dealership and they said I need a new abs pump/actuator. I bought one off eBay for like $100 and I'm about to put it in soon to see if it works out.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:07 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,462 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Check the order for bleeding the brakes, it's a non-standard order.