G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 for Touareg..someone help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 for Touareg..someone help

I went to VW today to see what kind of financial damage would I be looking at if I wanted to trade in my 8 month old G35 coupe for a V8 Touareg. I know many would ask why. I live in NYC. That should explain everything.

I called VW and requested a test drive and asked if they had any available for me to test within 1 hour. The sales idiot said yes and to "COme on down".

To make things short, he asked how much I owe on my G and I told him 25 grand. The VWT costs about 52 grand.

He said if I wanted to trade in my G I would be looking at paying about 77 grand...Does this BS equate??? How can I give up my G and continue paying for it in full and pay for the VWT in full?? It makes no sense to me.

Then he makes every excuse in the world to avoid allowing me to test drive the Touareg.

I really really really want the Touareg.
Someone pls tell me if this VW dealer was full of isht or if what he said does make sense.

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV and SAT).
No Mods.....yet

"Hello Everybody...My name is Black and I am a G-oholic."

Old 07-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: G35 for Touareg..someone help

Just go get an FX instead. Less hassle, much more fun car [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

And no, it doesn't make sense. If you pay $77k, you'd be keeping both cars. Why are some salespeople idiots?

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35s
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / XM / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 07-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Devil's Advocate

Doh! double post....

Ivory Coupe 5AT
Z tube, K&N drop in.
Crawford Plenum and Fujitsubo Exhaust soon to come...<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by roneski on 07/24/04 08:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Devil's Advocate

A fully loaded V10 Touareg is like $67k. You should be able to trade your coupe in for around $30k leaving you with a +$5k balance. I know that NY has some high taxes, but $77k sounds a little insane for the V8, assuming that is the out the door price after tax.

Ivory Coupe 5AT
Z tube, K&N drop in.
Crawford Plenum and Fujitsubo Exhaust soon to come...

Old 07-24-2004, 11:36 PM
G SQUAD

VW finished last in customer satisfaction in the latest JD Power ratings. What does that tell you?

If you don't know, it tells you to go somewhere else.. VW has too many problems =)

The car is coming...

'04 DG Coupe 6mt / Graphite Interior
Premium Pkg. with Navigation
Splash Guards, Trunk mat
ETA: July 29, 2004

Old 07-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What was he talking about? Absolute insanity. My brother just bought a nicely equipped V8 Cayenne for $65k after tax and fees. Leather, air suspension, NAV, Xenon, sunroof......

$77k for a VW SUV? Plain stupidity

Old 07-24-2004, 11:41 PM
WRAH

If you want a Touareg, why the HELL did you get a g35?
"I live in NYC. That should explain everything." ~No, that doesn't help! Do people in NYC always trade down? VW is the Ford of German cars! SO I'm asking again why???

"The VWT costs about 52 grand." ~ HOLY HELL!!! WHY??? Its a small @ss wanna be SUV. You can do so much better for 52!

Buy an FX, buy a QX45, buy a Lincoln, or Escalade!!! Buy one of those dodges and soup it up!!!

I thinking you have a bad cold, or brain aneurysm. See a doctor quick!!! If not, why are you posting that your giving of an Infiniti for a VW. You do know they make the beetle right?

Old 07-25-2004, 12:44 AM

ditto...
Escalade = PIMP!

Old 07-25-2004, 12:52 AM

definitely agreeing with WRAH on this one.

oh and if you get a cayenne...well then i just feel sorry for you, it's probably the worst idea a car company has ever had not to mention that it looks like......well it looks fubar.

definitely get an escalade, denali, or a suburban. people will think you're pdiddy hahaha

Jeff - Look for me in the black G
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash / ClearCorners

Old 07-25-2004, 01:23 AM
G SQUAD

Yeah man, why get a grossly overweight, slow wanna-be-SUV when you can get many other cars/trucks which are better and cheaper? What's so appealing about the fuglyass Toureg? I also have an FX35 and it kicks major ***. With tech package, it came out to $43 plus tax. Want more space, go with the Cadi SLX, it's better in reliability than the VW and has a much more prestigious name plate and customer service. Its a tad bigger than the FX if you actually need something BIGGER in NYC.

Oh yeah, your logical statement on having the Toureg in NYC has no logic involved in it. People get SMALLER cars in NY, not bigger ones that you can't park anywhere. Or maybe you're just thinkiing that the Toureg is so ugly and unappealing that no one would ever want to steal it? Now that makes sense!

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and
emotional maturity." - Sigmond Freud

Old 07-25-2004, 02:07 AM

G35 Rush: I hate the car as well and feel it's a total waste of a great porsche engine, but it isn't the worst idea a car company has ever had, because believe it or not, there are actually people out there buying them...

Heeeeellllllloooooooooo people.......

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 07-25-2004, 05:47 AM

i think the EPA for toureg V10 is like 14/20 or something you'l be paying $100 for gas per week

Old 07-25-2004, 01:00 PM

I for one like how Touareg looks and if I wanted to get an SUV... that would be my first choice. Its perfect in size, has a nice v8 and is made in Germany. The FX is better on paper (but lacks in the style department).
I can't believe all you guys hating.... especially wrah. I guess thats what happens when people get jealous.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, at first I wasn't too excited about the Cayenne, but it turned out to be a great car. It's not quite as fast as the FX45, but it corners better, rides better and has adjustable suspension that makes a huge difference compared to the FX. The interior is also top grade, nothing fancy but it's very high quality and solid. Now the NAV in Porsche is horrible, and you can't get entertainment system with it. Other than that the Cayenne is actually a very capable car. I think I recall a magazine article claiming the Cayenne S can turn in very similar track times to the 350Z Track model.... pretty insane for such a heavy car.

Anyhow, I prefer the FX over the Cayenne, but if you got the cash.... then why not.

Old 07-25-2004, 02:08 PM

i'd steer away from touaregs. my sister thought about buying one, but after visiting several VW sites, a lot of ppl are having some major and minor problems with them.....why not pick up an fx45?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 for Touareg..someone help