G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Carmax Has Bad cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carmax Has Bad cars

Hi guys.
I Bought a used G35 from carmax about 3 months ago.
The car has been in the service dept more than im able to drive it.
1st time they replaced the fuel pressure regulator
2nd.fuel pump went out.
3rd driver window went out.
4th they replaced Headlamp clip, plus and rewire the headlight
5th.Airbag light goes off and on.
6th.my motor is drinking more Oil
Now my Driver door is having a hard time closing.
I need all the help i can get
Thanks
Pam..

Shift

Old 08-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Re: Carmax Has Bad cars

This car makes me cry.
im 23 and I am a first time car buyer,the reason why i bought the car was because it's a 04 model 6sp and it only had 3,000 miles for $32,000.
The car has been in the shop for 8 Days now because of the Motor.
Am i the only person that have had a problem with a carmax car?

Shift

Old 08-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of those problems aren't even regular problems we have on our cars.
GET A LAWYER AND RETURN YOUR CAR!!!
your experience really sucks, but take action ASAP.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:14 AM

isn't there something called lemon law? Thought I remembered hearing about that.

-JustICE

Old 08-12-2004, 12:46 AM

I asked my Aunt who is a Lawyer she said that the Lemon law only applies to new cars only not used cars.
Im trying to trade the car in But im upside down on my trade. plus im still in College with student loans
Thanks Guys
Pam

Thanks
Pam
_____
A Shift can change a person,
a life
the world
or it can simply change the way you move through it..

Old 08-12-2004, 11:02 AM

That's awful, although perhaps this is why someone turned the car in after 3,000 miles.

I bought my last car from there (accord), my mom got her's from there (corolla) and my friend bought his from there (318). The only one with problems (other than regular maintenance) was my friend who bought a bmw that developed electrical problems (this is extremely common for bmw's). Granted those cars (corolla & accord) are extremely reliable, but still.

Between the 3 of us we've had ~11 years of ownership of carmax cars and I would highly recommend them if you find a good deal. Sorry to hear you're having such a bad experience, you might want to talk to the manager there and see if he can work something out.

From all of my experiences there I never felt cheated or that I was being lied to or mislead and they always attempted to be as helpful as possible. That's something I can't say about any other dealership I've been to.

Nate

Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 PM

A friend's wife bought a Jeep Wrangler from Carmax and the entire engine had to be replaced. The car only had about 20K miles on it when she bought it, but apparently had been badly abused by the previous owner. So much for their 120 point inspection, or whatever it's supposed to be. Carmax replaced the engine under the warranty, but it took 3 months, and they didn't give her a loaner. After she got the car back, she traded it in on a new Jeep Liberty. I wouldn't by jack from Carmax.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:21 PM

The car is still under warranty. Are you taking it to infiniti for service or carmax? the repairs shouldn't be costing you anything are they?

04 G35 coupe 6MT DP/willow

Old 08-12-2004, 12:56 PM

My service Advisor called today and said that Infinity is sending a person by the name of Rebecca Turner to take a look at the car.i was told she will be the person that decide if the motor needs to be replaced.
and yes the car is at a Infinity dealership and the parts are under warranty.
Also i think the driver door has been replaced the color is not the same as the other body.and also i think thats the reason why it's hard to close.

Thanks
Pam
_____
a life
the world

Old 08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did a title search turn up anything of import?
Was there any disclosure of damage by the seller?

Wayne

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

Old 08-12-2004, 02:29 PM

Not that carmax has bad service, but you should always be taking it to an infiniti dealership so that you get oem parts. Plus, I would assume the staff who work on the cars would know infiniti's more than carmax since that's all they look at.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Also i think the driver door has been replaced the color is not the same as the other body.and also i think thats the reason why it's hard to close. "

Replaced or repaired, it may look this way. The paint would be where the problem is. Generally if most of any major body panel has to be painted, then the adjacent panels need to be blended. Blending paint is basically where they paint into the next panel but gradually fade the paint. While paintmatching has come a long way, it's still hard to get an absolute perfect match. Blending works because the change in color is gradual over a small sitance rather than at one particular point so you do not see the differences in color. This is especially true of metallic paints where the alignment of the metal flakes can cause light to reflect differently. The metal flake alignment can be altered based on spray pattern, pressures and distances. Therefore it is hard to get a match. If metallic paint is not blended, you can have a perfect paint match in color, but you may still be left with what is referred to as paint flipping where 2 adjacent panels look like 2 different colors.

There was likely damage to the door at some point. You might want to have your body shop take a look and see if they can find the problem. If the door wasn't blended, chances are the previous owner shortcutted some of the repairs as an insurance company would have paid to have it blended. It might be as simple as a latch or striker adjustement. It's possible that it can get a bit more complicated, but even a hinge adjustment wouldn't be difficult.

As far as the other problems, I guess it's good the car is still under warranty. I hope it works out for you.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:54 PM

If the door is steel (and I think it is) try holding a magnet up next to it. The magnet should try to adhere to the vehicle. If you find a spot where the magnet doesn't want to stick... BONDO has been applied. This is an old trick that works best on old cars. You might want to keep a piece of wax paper between the paint and the magnet just incase you accidentally have the magnet touch the car. This is one way an untrained eye can tell if a door has been repaired.

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-12-2004, 03:08 PM

As soon as i get the G back i will try the magnet.
i went down today to the Dealership and asked to see my carfax report.The title is clean but the guy that sold me the car said that the last owner could have been in a small car accident and never filed a insurance claim on the car.and if thats true then it will never show up on the title.
When i asked if i could call the last owner of the car he said that it's company policy that they cannot give out customers phone numbers?
One bad thing is the law does not help used car owner when they are having problems.

Thanks
Pam
_____
a life
the world

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carmax Has Bad cars