G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Maturity in this forum.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Maturity in this forum.

what makes you think kids that have a car handed to them drive their friends around to party like idiots? You sir are very narrow-minded if you stereotype all kids that drive nice cars that way. Now, you should already know that I am not defending spoiled brats, but not all of them are like that. You really need to think before you speak, because most of the things you said are just bs.

Most of these kids you see driving around are strangers to you. They have done nothing to you. Why are you jealous of them?

If your parents had the money, they would probably do the same. YOu seldom see rich parents that don't give to their children.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur with SILKY.. this board lacks informative quality due to the age of members…the verbiage (slang and context) used is often immature…this is why I choose to participate in other g35 forums.

04 Coupe 6MT|BLK|BLK Obisdian|Premium|NAV|Aero|Z-Tube|JWT Pop Charger

Old 08-24-2004, 02:38 PM

How ironic is it that this thread itself is turning into what the very topic was addressing. So much for "let it go."

"Lastly, those of you with a "use the search feature" complex need to grow up. That should not be a blanket reply to any newcomer looking for information that may have been covered in the last year. "

Amen, I would also add the blanket response of "look in the manual," which is just ridiculous because not everyone here even has a g35.

Nate

Old 08-24-2004, 02:45 PM

the search function is so unuseful on this forum. after you do find the search, its nothing but clicking just to see one persons reply...they seriously need a new site format....

you can't even edit a post!

Old 08-24-2004, 02:55 PM

My parents do have money, and no they did not give me anything, I worked hard for everything I have, and I respected the fact that they wanted me to earn what I wanted. When I do have kids I will expect them to do the same exact thing. As far as being narrow minded, I'm just going by experience. All my peers that had items handed to them on a platter abused what they had and looked down on others that could not afford the volks and NISMO exhaust kits, and yes they drove around like idiots, what did they care if they crashed their new car, Mommy and Daddy would just buy them a new on.

2004 DG G35 Coupe, Perm, Sport, Aero.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Threads like this just start fights

2003 BLK/BLK 6MT Injen, clear corners, Eibach sways and springs, tint
My G on a photo shoot. More to come!

Old 08-24-2004, 03:18 PM

Quit being such a pansy, its a goddamn internet forum. Yea my parents got me my coupe, hell they even got me the STi. Am I greatful? Yea. Could I be more greatful? Yea problaby. Am I spoiled? Maybe. Why don't you just live your life and quit bitching and moaning about everything you don't like. It's like everyone has something to say about everything these days. Face it, there will always be parents who will buy their kids whatever they want, and the kids can either appreciate it or not. What difference does this make in your life? I really dont understand...

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube- Gone
My new Baby 2005 Subaru WRX STI Obsidian Black Pearl =D

Old 08-24-2004, 03:19 PM

that wasnt directed to silky, that was directed to the people who have a problem with kids having nice cars. I just clicked your heading when i replied

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's, JWT Pop Charger, Z Tube- Gone
My new Baby 2005 Subaru WRX STI Obsidian Black Pearl =D

Old 08-24-2004, 03:32 PM

I have one question: Why the hell is this thread in the G35 Coupe forum?? I am sure there are rich, spoiled kids, and envious people who own G35 sedans as well. So the admins should move this thing over to the off-topic category to make it more interesting. It seems that recently everyone posts whatever they like to the G35 coupe general category. Where are the admins on this one??

2004 G35 Coupe/OB/Graphite interior/Premium and aero package/Popcharger/Z tube/Hotchkis sways/Tein H-tech springs/Kinetix plenum/Crawford cats

Old 08-24-2004, 03:32 PM

Sorry guys/gals but I have to add something to this forum beofre we let it go as I feel it is important. Mind you I fully appreciate the beautiful women some of you post pics of in your sigs. Thats one thing. But there is a lot of trash talking about women drivers on this forum that I just hate to see. We don't even give them a chance to get a honest qulality response from one of us before their thread or repsonse is swamped with testosterone. Don't get me wrong its not all our fault, but lets try and give them a little more respect when they ask a question before we start asking them to post a pic of themselves.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:56 PM

GG35: "its nothing but clicking just to see one persons reply"

After you do a search and click on a thread, click the button that says Flat (top right area), this will make the threads appear as they normally do rather than the line text replies. I also always then click "all," so I don't have to scroll through the pages. I was going to PM this to you (in case you didn't know), but I myself clicked through each individual response after a search until I noticed the flat button. There are probably others here who havn't noticed that, hope this helps.

Nate

Old 08-24-2004, 04:06 PM

thanks for the headsup. i'm not use to this format. most forums use the same format thats why.

Old 08-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO,
I still think that the overall quality of this forum is better than most.
Sure, we have the youngsters who ask "where is the spare tire located?"........
And we have the hot headed, slightly older group that thrash them for their stupid questions....
Then we have the older pharts like myself who generally chuckle and /or ignore the flamers.
Some people need to think before the post....and others need to lighten up and not take themselves so seriously.
But the quality of information and advice available is still pretty good and I appreciate it.

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 08-24-2004, 04:19 PM

this is the most informative g35 site. i still like it the best, eventhough there are a lot of envious ppl here...haha

Old 08-24-2004, 04:22 PM

I'm just going to add what happening to me...and let you guys decide what this means...

I'm 17, and soon to be a G35c owner. I know my parents are being extremely generous and giving me a 40k car and I really appreciate what they are giving to me. I also know that if they just hand me the car I won't appreciate it and have as much respect for it, so therfore by my own choice I have decided to take my pay checks and extra money and give it to my parents. I know it doesn't make up for the whole cost of the car, but it makes me feel that I've done what I can to help pay for the car.

I have also taken the liberty of making it easier on my dad and finding out insurance quotes, car quotes, and liability issues. I do believe I'm spoiled in getting this car, but I'm not one to use the car as a sign of social status or move up in popularity. In actually fact, I'm a person that doesn't care what other people think and as do as I please.

Also before this car, I drove my dads old 91 E34 525i. Man that was a GREAT car, it didn't work to well, had a lot of problems, and I was under the hood trying to fix a lot of things, but having that car and putting my own money and effort into it made me really appreciate having just a car. I recently sold it and gave the 4k that was made to my dad, to help pay for the G35c. I loved that E34, it was no where near as flashy or quick as a G35. But in essance it was the same thing, thats why I believe that some kids are mature enough to understand what they are getting and how much actual money and effort it cost my parents just to give me something like this.

I must admit, I do forget at times, what this all means, and get caught up. But I always catch myself and take a step back and realize how lucky I am. Not only in recieveing this car, but in the life my parents have given me.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Boggie1688 on 08/24/04 02:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maturity in this forum.