G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Maturity in this forum.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 03:56 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Maturity in this forum.

I agree with DeStreGa5 (im 17). you earn the trust of your parents through your first car by showing responsible driving. by getting a car, your lifestyle shouldn't suddenly change. i dont take my privilege to drive nor my g35 for granted. i never imagined id be driving one myself in the first place. My parents knew of my love for the car and my efforts in school and surprised me with it following my junior year. I too know how lucky, or spoiled you can say, i am but if you had the chance to drive an expensive sports car wouldnt you take it? Im sure the other young g owners on the board and myself dont want to have guilt trips everytime we step into our cars.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:29 AM

o and someone explaing to me the difference between 19 and 20 because i know someone mentioned 16-19 year olds shouldnt get nice cars. is one an adult and the other is an ignorant little kid? i mean 19 and 20 they're still in undergrad. no difference

Old 08-26-2004, 07:00 AM

This is just a general comment to the masses.

It is clear that the people who have worked hard for all that they have whether it be paying their way through school, buying a nice house, a nice car, etc... have a different outlook than those who have had relatively nice things handed to them.

Go back and re-read this entire thread. It started out about a lack of maturity, then a bunch of young kids (who have lived a "more generous" or "more sheltered" life) started ripping a-holes in some of the older posters who feel as if the "spoiled" kids bring down the fourm.

This somehow evolved into Asian people being the hardest working people on the mother f-ing planet... WTF is up with that? Talk about going off topic...

Again, for the third time... IF EVERYONE WOULD SIMPLY NOT POST HOW MUCH MONEY THEY MAKE AND NOT STATE HOW THEY RECEIVED THEIR CAR, THIS FORUM WOULD BE A LOT BETTER OFF. What the F- does your mommy or daddy buying your vehicle have to do with anything related to this forum? I just don't understand why people continue to post... "I'm 'x'-teen and I'm responsible..." so what?

Heck, DED is almost 40 and he's not responsible! [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] But he is one of my best friends so I rag on him in jest.

Bottom line, if you have a G35, you like the car and want to hang out here with cool people like me [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] simply don't "act a fool". Am I covering up my old age well enough?

Now which is better Subway or Quiznos? ($100 bucks says that won't work this time...[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img])

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-26-2004, 08:51 AM

mmmmmmmmmmm...toasty!

'04 G35C / 6MT / DP / Graphite / Prem / Aero / Pedals / Clears

Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know, I was going to leave this one alone and watch some true colors come out. But after reading through all the posts I just had to comment.

[offtopic]
I see GG35 on here alot. One thing caught my attention. GG35 you said that you would never spend more than 50k on a car even if you could afford it. Neffster replied to you and said basically watch out, never say never.

In 20 years, with inflation at 3% average increase a year, 1$ will be 1.86. That means your 35k G35 will be 65,1000$. Do you see yourself buying a car comparable to the G in 20 years? If so then pony up 65k. Looks like you are over your 50k limit there.

[/offtopic]

To all you kids out there. Respect the present, respect your parents and you will eventually go far in life. Be thankful that you have a better launch pad into life than most people.

To all you adults out there. Don't worry about the kids and their presents. Just worry about them on the road with you.

--my 2 cents

Ox
2003 DG 6MT

Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think <font color=red>Oxanar's</font color=red> comment is a good one to close this on since tempers can get a little flared over this subject.

We hate to see members bickering with each other over things that are totally out of our control and will never change.

We all know how misunderstandings can occur on our medium....we've seen it many times in discussions about Sedans vs. Coupes, A/T vs. 6M/T, etc etc etc.

Some things are best just left alone don't you think?

Todd had a good idea: Change the subject to: which is better, Subway or Quiznos?

I say Subway.[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Peace.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 AM

Ok, I never said asian ppl were the hardest working ppl on the planet, but you can't deny the fact that they are "one" of the most hardest working on the planet. Truth is that a lot of immigrants are that. My parents went from sleeping in their rusted up buick rivera in the cold winters of boston to moving to texas with all the money they saved up to start up their own business. They now pull in 100k easily on a slow year.

I wasn't trying to sound like a badass, but your comments are pretty arrogant man.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:59 AM

Truth is that my statement stands. Yes, I understand the inflation rate increase, so is pay. Everything is gonna get more expensive, but so will the pay. It all evens out. 20 years ago, cars weren't as this expensive, but ppl weren't getting paid as much either.

mininum wage in 1981 was only $3.35, but everything was also a lot cheaper back then.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:04 AM

Talk about Maturity...12 pages...WOW!
Now who is going to lash out at me...
Bring it on! :-D

2003 G35C Premium Brilliant Silver/Willow Leather
Tein S-Tech Springs * Nissan clear corners
K & N drop-in filter * Bose audio system
Navi * Delphi XM Radio

Old 08-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Just trying to lighten the mood...

2003 BLK/BLK 6MT Injen, clear corners, Eibach sways and springs, tint
My G on a photo shoot. More to come!

330655-kitten.JPG

Old 08-26-2004, 10:14 AM
G SQUAD

Damn, almost 1k on the odometer already... should I get my oil changed to synthetic soon?

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04 DG Coupe 6mt
Premium Pkg. / Navi
Splash Guards, Trunk mat, All season mats
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40)
Phatnoise Phatbox (?)

Old 08-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand your point GG35. I think the fact of the matter is that it is very hard to read inflection and in-between the lines meaning on an internet forum. So perhaps (hypothetically) if you make 100k a year and you said I could never see myself paying more than 50% of my salary a year for for a car, then this would have made more sense to everyone.

Be careful when you use words like never and always. I've had them come back and bite me on the butt too.

Now back to the new topic.

Quiznos, hands down. If for nothing else then for their spongmonkeys

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/44/Quiznos_100k.asf

Ox
2003 DG 6MT

Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 AM

Yea, i understand the word "never" could be regretable and If ever do spend over 50k, then that would be my regret...haha. My point was just that, there are more important things to spend your money on than cars, and some ppl here seem to think that buying a more expensive car would be their main priority down the road

Old 08-26-2004, 10:34 AM

Subway is sooo much better. Fresh bread, sandwich artists, fresh veggies, the list just goes on and on (kind of like GG35 [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] damn 28 posts in one thread and the ultimate quadruple self reply... [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] j/k of course).

<font color=blue>The above statements are only my take on the issue. If you disagree with anything I typed then you are 100% right!</font color=blue>

Old 08-26-2004, 10:40 AM

Quiznos has a pepper bar.

'04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Premium.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maturity in this forum.