G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

6MT vs 5AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manumatic is just as good as stick when downshifting instead of braking.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Does it really matter THAT much to you why some choose an automatic over a manual?? I mean really....why do some of you care so freakin much why some choose an AT over an MT or vice versa. Jeebus!

People have their OWN preferences, why is that so hard to understand?
No it doesn't matter. But there is no need to lie about it and use the "traffic" excuse. LOL

Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
No it doesn't matter. But there is no need to lie about it and use the "traffic" excuse. LOL
Well, if it doesnt' really matter why are you defending the MT like it's the next best thing to sliced bread. People have a CHOICE as to what tranny suits their needs. Some people that live in metro areas do not want to row through the gears every day. Not to mention a variety of other reasons why some might choose an AT over an MT.

And for the record, I will choose an MT over an AT anyday if it's my ultimate choice, however I am not so blinded to think that an AT will be suitable to certain people's needs. You sir, are very narrow minded.

Oh, and btw, I really don't feel like people are lying about the "traffic excuse" that you imply.........but I'll leave others that actually live in metro areas to comment on it.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
It may just be an "excuse" to you, but that doesn't make it true for everyone. Not everyone is perfectly comfortable driving in traffic.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm not defending MT. I'm laughing at the excuse. LOL

Anyways, I'll stop.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
I'm not defending MT. I'm laughing at the excuse. LOL

Anyways, I'll stop.
So something you see as an "excuse" is not a valid reason for others??? How exactly do you define someone's reason as an excuse?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Drowe303
Its not the AT over MT thing that I don't get. Its when people have autos and put exhaust/intakes, shifter ***** (im pretty sure iv seen this), and all sorts of performance stuff on them. If they are getting the AT to have a comfy, cruising car for traffic, then why put exhaust and what not on it? Lets just say every time I see a G35, M3, Mustang, something of the performance aspect, and hear it driving off and auto shift, I look down and shake my head.
Youz 1 ignit sombitch

Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Its not the AT over MT thing that I don't get. Its when people have autos and put exhaust/intakes, shifter ***** (im pretty sure iv seen this), and all sorts of performance stuff on them. If they are getting the AT to have a comfy, cruising car for traffic, then why put exhaust and what not on it? Lets just say every time I see a G35, M3, Mustang, something of the performance aspect, and hear it driving off and auto shift, I look down and shake my head.
Lmao So in your opinion, no AT car should ever be modified? You may shake your head when you see a AT performance car, but I'm sure those AT car owners whose car is faster and better than yours shake their head at you for thinking you're so much better than them just because you drive an MT.

I haven't been a member of this forum or have owned my G for that long, but the mindset of some of the people in this thread is amazing. Get off your high horse people.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 AM
But modding a daily driver AT G35 coupe... seems very contradicting to me. The point in getting the AT is to have a comfortable ride. If your modding it with stiffer suspension, loud exhaust and what not, your taking away the point in getting the AT. Oh, unless the exhaust is better for traffic..
I don't know what fantasy land you live in, dude. But you need to snap the **** out of it. Seriously, lol.

Modding a daily driver, dumb, I agree. Because you don't buy a DD to mod it. The point of getting the AT is BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE AT, not just some "comfortable" ride. The MT is just as comfortable. I suppose you shou;dn't mod your MT at all either because it's comfortable...

Also, your point of getting an AT is not the same as well, anyone else who has been telling you differently. The point of getting it is because you like it, not for some underlying insecurity you have about your dick. I understand you won't feel like such a "man" in an AT, but most people don't care.

Your whole argument is abjectly false in every aspect. At no point do you make any valid point. Wake up and small the TRANNY.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:37 AM
haha ok guy, calm down. Your getting way to upset about this. Go for a little drive around the block to cool down.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Can I just bring back the idea that majority of performance cars that are leading right now.... are automatic.

GTR
Merc SLR
Lambos

Just to name a few cars that.... don't perform.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:49 AM
haha ok guy, calm down. Your getting way to upset about this. Go for a little drive around the block to cool down.
Belittle when you're falling behind. I'm over it.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Does it really matter THAT much to you why some choose an automatic over a manual?? I mean really....why do some of you care so freakin much why some choose an AT over an MT or vice versa. Jeebus!

People have their OWN preferences, why is that so hard to understand?
I don't believe he's taking it personal, he just doesn't want this thread to become a bitchfest again. But too late.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Now thats on to a different story. Who said you can't buy a DD to mod it? Thats about just as retarded as everything else you have said.

But yes, I am done also,
HAHA, pointing out your argumentative short comings is retarded. MY BAD

Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a ton of mods on my 5AT and enjoyed the hell out of it. It was quick, handled well, and was a lot of fun. But I guess it was all a useless waste of money, now that you've shown me the light! What a waste of money that was!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6MT vs 5AT