G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

PPL CANT DRIVE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PPL CANT DRIVE

Okay so I was driving today on the Garden State Parkway in NJ to class and almost had an accident because of these two.. excuse my language.. ****** that couldn't drive if their life depended on it. They must have gotten their licenses at the ****** ******* School of Driving. So here's what happened.

I'm in the left lane wich is moving like a snail and the middle lane is flying by. The left lane started to speed up so I decided it was a good time to switch into the middle lane. We are doing about 10mph and the middle lane is doing about 25. The guy in front of me is tailgating the sh|t out of the guy in front of him. There is an opening in the middle lane so I put my blinker on and start to switch. As I go in the guy (about 3 car lengthes almost behind me) in the middle lane FLOORS his car to prevent me from getting in front of me. At this time I start to switch back over to the left lane and the guy in front of me in the left lane (tailgating) slams on his brakes because he almost hit the guy in front of him. At this point... I am stuck between two lanes and my choices are to slam into the guy in front of me or the side of the guy that is flooring his car. I slam on my brakes (thank for for brembo/ebc combination). I swerv to the right in the middle lane. The guy that was trying to not let me in the lane steps on his brakes and I end up between the two cars dead stopped.

I HIT NO ONE! Thank god because it all would have been my fault even though I was 100% provoked by the ******** in the middle lane. I wasn't that nervous because I'm usually good in situations like this. Anyway so the guy in the middle lane starts screaming at me so I turn my Coldplay CD up... switch to the middle lane and drive on... now here's where it gets even better.

The guy that almost hit me in the middle lane (the one that floored his car previously) speeds around me, gets in front of me and SLAMS on his brakes praying that I would rearend him. Now I'm thinking... WTF IS THIS GUY DOING! We almost hit once now he wants it to litreally happen? He gives me the finger and I just laughed because this is too stupid. He saw me laugh in his mirror and stuck his head out of the window and started yelling so I switch to the left lane, speed past him and hold my horn down. Hopefully he went deaf!

Anyway... I needed to vent... yah follow?!

Thanks - Joey Avino
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by godzilla on 09/30/04 09:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: PPL CANT DRIVE

It's NJ. This shouldn't surprise you.

---------------------------------

Old 09-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Premier Member

LOL

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-30-2004, 09:12 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks.. it's an everyday occurrence in NY. You just have to let it go. Next time, bring a shotgun and leave it under your seat. If things get really bad, you can just use it to scare him off! =D lol

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04.5 DG Coupe 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox / UT Roof Spoiler

Old 09-30-2004, 09:46 AM

when I was in NY a few months ago...

I was at the Palisades Mall... I was pulling into a parking spot. (The lot was half empty where I was...) This guy comes running up to me, and screams at me to get the F out of the parking spot. I was like, "Eh?". He said he was saving it for his pregnant wife. Normally I would tell him to shove it, but this guy was about twice my size, and looked like he could bench press my rental car.

1.) The Lot was half empty, so it's not like his wife can't park somewhere else, because I hate people that "stand" in a spot to save it. But he wasn't even "standing" in the spot. He just ran up to me while I was parking

2.) I wasn't even parking in a prime spot. It was in the middle of the structure, not anywhere near the elevator/doors.

3.) I was nice, and parked somewhere else... (Near the mall entrance as it turns out) But I saw him yell at his wife, (who already parked somewhere else), to come park in the spot he was saving [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img].

4.) I saw his very pregnant wife, reluctantly get back in the car, and repark it. If this guy cares so much about his wife, why is SHE parking the car, while he just stands there?

Old 09-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Premier Member

LOL!!! I know the palisades mall I go there alot at 12am to watch late night movies. I made the mistake of seeing a 12:20 showing of Troy two weeks after it came out. I was in the theater past 3AM!

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 09-30-2004, 10:05 AM

New Jersey.....It's like hell, but slightly cooler in the winter.

(only kidding)

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi
"You can live in your car but you can't drive your house"

Old 09-30-2004, 10:12 AM
EZZ

You now have to anticipate people being dumba$$es and drive accordingly. Just today, I saw somebody merging from the right to the left. I was 2 lanes over to the left (fast lane) and I needed to get off the next exit. I saw an opening and drifted to the right. I assumed the guy to my right (the one that just merged) would see me but I was wrong. He assumed nobody was in the lane and merged to the left. I slammed on my brake and swerved to the left (very very very close!!!). He saw me at the last minute and served to the right. I was pissed and sped up to see what was up but the dude looked pale and it was an old man. Moral of the story...I should have assumed he WOULDN'T have seen me.

BTW, I've learned that people don't like to be passed so I only switch lanes where I can accerate quickly into it (especially aggressive SUV drivers)!

04 Coupe Auto/DG/Prem/Nav/Perf

Old 09-30-2004, 11:03 AM

There was a bad accident on 18 south yesterday, Got stuck just south of the Point Pleasant exit. Dont wanna go into the details of the accident because it was very, very bad, but it backed up traffic for a good 2-3 miles. During this, some dipshit in a Ford F250 (in the right lane) decides to gun it infront of me as soon as traffic starts moving in my lane and get that "nose in" so he could cut me off. Well, F250 vs G35 isnt too hard, I backed off because the guy looked like he was pissed. He floored it into the median (If your ever on 18, look for the insanly deep tire tracks cut in right past PP exit) and proceded to kick mud up on 2 cars infront of me and 1 behind me. If my G wouldnt have gotten stuck in the mud, those are the kind of *******s I wish I could run off the road. Best part, about 30-40 seconds after he pulled that little stunt, traffic started going again. God forbid people in New Jersey ever develop this thing called patience. That extra 1 car length is worth WAY to much to some people.

2003.5 G35 Coupe Black on black 6MT
JWT pop charger, Z intake tube, UR pulley set, Crawford v5 plenum, Crawford Headers, Crawford cats, Injen SES, Technosquare ECU Crawford Tuning Package.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:17 AM

What I'm about to say does NOT apply to ANYONE in this forum, but it does apply to many people on the road.

When people get "cut off" and then they get all pissed, sit back, and think, did that person cut me off, or should I just have let them into my lane, instead of trying to not let them in.

Too many times people complain about other bad drivers when they sure as hell could have prevented a near collision by just giving some room and driving a little more defensively.

I really began to notice this when I was at a defensive driving class a little while ago (no I didn't do anything wrong, just wanted cheaper insurance), and these loud annoying hags in the front would just keep talking about their "horror" stories where people were trying to merge from and onramp onto a 65 mph road, but the hags got pissed and didn't let them merge.
Even when the hags were obviously trying to tell the story in a way that we were supposed to feel sympathetic to them, it was obvious it was their own damn fault.

You see an onramp, and you're on a 65 mph road, get out of the right lane and let those people in damnit... they don't want to have to start from a stop and risk someone hitting them at 65mph+ in the rear.

Yeah, all I'm saying is that people really need to take responsibility sometimes and realize that they're at fault.

Sorry for the *long* slightly off topic post.

Oh and by the way, nj kicks ***.

---
2004 TB/W 6mtC. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985
Grounding Kit
Splash Guards
Custom Carputer
Custom FG Sub
Infinity KapPerf6.1, Ref 6002si, 5760 6-ch AMP.
30% Huper

Old 09-30-2004, 11:42 AM
EZZ

Reading your post, it reminds me that almost nobody has let me merge on those on-ramps. They assume that they have the right of way and just speed up...fine but it sure is much more dangerous for me because I have to go from a stop and try to merge on the right most lane. The San Diego freeways here now have really long on-ramps for us to get speed. Today, I was on an on-ramp behind a C32 AMG...he was going slow so I thought I'd pass him and then he guns it...he must have been a good 100mph when he merged (no traffic really)...those things HAUL!

04 Coupe Auto/DG/Prem/Nav/Perf

Old 09-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

65 in Jersey?? LOL When I moved there from MN and lived there for 3 yrs ('88 - '90), it was at least 80 almost all the time. All I can say is I'm glad I'm back in MN! LOL

Old 09-30-2004, 01:11 PM

I noticed most of these posts are on the East Coast. I'm out here in the Southern California Area, Los Angeles, Orange County and we have a lot of people who drive and chat on their cell phones. To make matters worse, they're usually driving big SUV's. I feel that defensive driving can only get you so far, but there are other times when I feel that I just need to speed up and get out of their way. A soccer mom in a H2 or Escalde and talking on her cell phone is a scary thing.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:22 PM
G SQUAD

That's all over here as well. As a matter of fact it happened to me today. I was driving in the middle lane on the highway and was doing about 65-70 and out of nowhere the SUV in the right late decides to switch over to my lane doing like 35. I almost rear ended him and when I switched over to the leftmost lane and peaked over, it was a guy on his cell phone.. I don't think he even knew I was right there. Idiots I tell you..

John

Picked up: 08/14/04
'04.5 DG Coupe 6mt (Premium Pkg. / Navi)
Front license plate adapter
Huper Optik (Ceramic 40) / Clearbra / Hardwired V1 / Phatbox / UT Roof Spoiler

Old 09-30-2004, 02:21 PM

"I feel that defensive driving can only get you so far, but there are other times when I feel that I just need to speed up and get out of their way."

Oh I definately agree... it's just too bad that many people don't even consider driving defensively first.

---
2004 TB/W 6mtC. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985
Grounding Kit
Splash Guards
Custom Carputer
Custom FG Sub
Infinity KapPerf6.1, Ref 6002si, 5760 6-ch AMP.
30% Huper

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PPL CANT DRIVE